Tony Bennett on Today's Show 9/19/2011

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
Loved him in the Brendan Fraser classic The Scout.

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
Watch out for that tree, fucko.

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
It was a pretty good interview. The best parts were getting inside the heads of Ant and Jimmy and knowing what they wanted to say about Liberace, but couldn't and I cracked up when Ant bombed with that Godfather line. I'm just glad he didn't bring up politics, because he is so far left Ant would have to argue with him, but he probably wouldn't.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I thought Tony was a pretty good sport all things considered. The dude is a fucking legend after all.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Am I the only (young) one that does not see this guy as a legend? Pavarotti is a legendary opera singer, but I couldn't give a fuck about him either. I guess I am just not old enough to appreciate how big of a get this guy really is.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
I was about to say that I don't even know who he is, but after looking him up on Google Image Search, I've definitely seen him before.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Not so much that people younger than say, 50 like or listen to the guy, but people have to respect the body of work.

Anal Pizza

Sep 27, 2008
fucking one hit wonder from 60 years ago. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Am I the only (young) one that does not see this guy as a legend? Pavarotti is a legendary opera singer, but I couldn't give a fuck about him either. I guess I am just not old enough to appreciate how big of a get this guy really is.
Just because you've never heard of someone or don't care for their work doesn't mean they're not a legend or command respect; which Tony Bennett totally does (and as Pavarotti did).

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Just because you've never heard of someone or don't care for their work doesn't mean they're not a legend or command respect; which Tony Bennett totally does (and as Pavarotti did).
Like I said, maybe I am just too young to appreciate how big of a deal this guy really is.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
Mr. Bennett had a lil bit to say on 9/11 on Howie's show

Tony Bennett's conversation with Howard Stern turned political when he stopped by the radio host's Sirius XM program on Monday.

Bennett told Stern that when he was being honored at the Kennedy Center in 2005, then President Bush revealed to Bennett that "he made a mistake [about the Iraq war]."

And with that, Bennett and Stern were off into a discussion about the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

"You gotta eliminate war, but what do you do with these terrorists who blew up the World Trade Center?" Stern inquired, to which Bennet replied, "Who are the terrorists? Are we the terrorists, or are they the terrorists? Two wrongs don't make a right."

He continued that he wasn't on board with the statement that those who attacked started the conflict. "They flew the plane in, but we caused it. We were bombing them, and they told us to stop."

Later on in the conversation, Bennett added that he believed "To start a war in Iraq was a tremendous, tremendous mistake internationally," according to Mediaite.

The singer, who was promoting his new album "Duets II," has since posted a statement to clarify the comments he made on Stern's show, and to apologize if they were misconstrued.

"I am so grateful to be an American and as a World War II veteran, I was proud to fight to protect our values, which have made America the greatest country on the planet," the 85-year-old singer says in the statement.

"There is simply no excuse for terrorism and the murder of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks on our country," the statement continues. "My life experiences -ranging from the Battle of the Bulge to marching with Martin Luther King – made me a life-long humanist and pacifist, and reinforced my belief that violence begets violence and that war is the lowest form of human behavior. I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world."

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
Duets 3 featuring Jesse Ventura

psyduck

Dec 12, 2004
Actually 70 CDs and 3 DVDs. Exclusively on Amazon, I think??

psyduck

Dec 12, 2004
His first hit was in 1951, 12 years before the Beatles hit!! By God, he sang at the opening of the Triborough Bridge with Mayor LaGuardia. Look it up on Wiki. Probably the longest tenure of any "pop" singer, including Sinatra. I saw him live with my Dad in a 2,000 seat venue about 15 years ago. I was blown away; just him and his pianist, and no microphone. Maybe the best purest voice I have ever heard. Like it or not youngins', truly a Legend of the first degree. That's why the Boys were saying, maybe the biggest iconic guest they have ever had?? I think Carlin and him are indeed the biggest, but Bennett probably eeks out George on the famous scale, due to his longevity.

sadmachine

for the trees, tss
Nov 18, 2009
I left my HAARP in San Francisco