Tony Kornheiser

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I was watching the game on Monday, and this old, bald, faggot bearded douche wouldn't shut up during the whole fucking game. He sounds like a nattering old cunt that can't find her knitting needles. I knew his show fucking sucked, but my lord, listening to him on MNF makes John Madden seem like a fucking cool god. When they were interviewing Don Shula in the fourth he added nothing to that conversation other than some bomb of a joke about Shula's resturants. Fuck Tony Kornheiser, and if he's a hero of any of yours, sorry, but time to be less gay/.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
I will have to both agree and disagree with you on this one.

I like Kornheiser, I think PTI is a good show, and I don't have a problem with him on MNF. At least no more of a problem than I have with any other football, or sports in general, commentator.

My agreement with you is just in general that commentators do not need to fill up every gap of air with fucking yammering garbage. Sometimes the crowd and the sounds of the game itself can speak volumes more than a handful of idiots in a booth.

That being said, Kornheiser originally wrote a Style column in the Washington Post, so that's where the different delivery probably comes from. A book that's a collection of those articles was in the shitter at the house I lived in senior year, and through several dumps, I made it through it, and it's actually some good reading.

But I'm with you on the fucking abortion that sports commentary has become.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I used to really like Kornheiser and PTI. I like Wilbon a bit more, and perfer Around the Horn over PTI anymore. Woody Paige is hillarious to me.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I will have to both agree and disagree with you on this one.

I like Kornheiser, I think PTI is a good show, and I don't have a problem with him on MNF. At least no more of a problem than I have with any other football, or sports in general, commentator.

My agreement with you is just in general that commentators do not need to fill up every gap of air with fucking yammering garbage. Sometimes the crowd and the sounds of the game itself can speak volumes more than a handful of idiots in a booth.

That being said, Kornheiser originally wrote a Style column in the Washington Post, so that's where the different delivery probably comes from. A book that's a collection of those articles was in the shitter at the house I lived in senior year, and through several dumps, I made it through it, and it's actually some good reading.

But I'm with you on the fucking abortion that sports commentary has become.

I just don't get why anyone who is doing either the announcing or color commentary for ANY sporting event can't acutally talk about the action they are supposed to be talking about. It's turned into nothing more than a bunch of old fucks yapping about bullshit then actually covering the action.

We have a show on TSN called Off The Record, same horseshit as PTI, and they all stink.

Maybe Kornheiser and PTI used to be really good, I never watched it back then, but now he and his show are boring and nothing more than some hack sports wannabes spewing bullshit. Whatever happened to sports reporters just covering the sport, and not yapping about whether or not their anal douche worked

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'll preface this by saying, I have no problem with Tony Kornheiser. I watch PTI, religiously. That being said, the blame has to be put on ESPN. The reason why he was brought into the booth, is because ESPN thinks they have to bring in the causal fan to the game. That's why they have this thing about bringing in a guest into the booth. See MNF was one of the casualties of the Monday night wrestling wars. So for the past several years, they have been trying to revamp the show, while insulting the intelligence of true football fans.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Hes an idiots version of Dennis Miller. He was annoying but would say things noone understood. Tonys comment cater to the more common man. I havent really watched alot of MNF this year but during the Phins/Steelers game I heard him go off on a tangent about Pot and how Rickey Williams smokes it. I have yet to hear any positive reviews on him doing this and wish they would have given the job to Mike Golic.

When I was in college I watched PTI religiously. I rarely catch it anymore. Around the Horn is the worst show on ESPN next to Bob Levys shitfest. I would prefer to watch and hour of Jim Rome and his monologues as opposed to that show. Who made Stat Boy the all knowing god and mediator of sports?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I know I'm biased, but the best sports commentary show on is Inisde Nextel Cup on Speed every monday during the season. Dave Despain hosts, he's a douch, but they have 3-4 drivers per week on, and it's all about racing, and the drivers perspective on shit.

If more shows were like that I'd be happy, but they get people like Kornheiser to host these shows and the only sport they've ever played is Inhale the Calzone. What makes them a sports expert, if you play/played/coached, you can speak, if not, fuck off and die

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
PTI is the best show on ESPN. You watch that half hour and it's all you need for the day. None of the SportsCenter lovefest for certain teams/players, no waste of airtime one some Bob Ley bullshit, and no moronic Steve Phillips to listen to (OK maybe once a month).

Not really a fan of TK on MNF, but with the matchups they've had this year, he's not the reason I'm not watching. Who's tuning in for New Orleans/Atlanta this week?

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
I would love it if Colin Cowheard were to take his place. I love his show. IMHO it is the best sports talk radio show out there.

ESPN has gotten the shaft on MNF ever since they started carrying it. Most of the games have been terrible. This past weeks was pretty good, but there has hardly been a game worth watching since they got MNF.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
I would love it if Colin Cowheard were to take his place. I love his show. IMHO it is the best sports talk radio show out there.
He's almost as bad as Skip Bayless for being the devils advocate and arguing the most obnoxious and ridiculous points just because it gets people talking...usually about how much of a moron he is for saying/believing said argument. I liked Eric Kusilias the best on the radio.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
He's almost as bad as Skip Bayless for being the devils advocate and arguing the most obnoxious and ridiculous points just because it gets people talking...usually about how much of a moron he is for saying/believing said argument. I liked Eric Kusilias the best on the radio.
I guess I like that shit. I think Skip is great. Sport talk is like posting forums i guess. Everyone just put in their points. I think that what makes shows like PTI and Around the Horn so attractive. If it wasnt for PTI Kornheiser never would have gotten his gig on MNF.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I guess I like that shit. I think Skip is great. Sport talk is like posting forums i guess. Everyone just put in their points. I think that what makes shows like PTI and Around the Horn so attractive. If it wasnt for PTI Kornheiser never would have gotten his gig on MNF.
Damn PTI then.

Isn't it cute when TK and his negro co host hold up the little mask during their show, it's so faggoty cute

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Damn PTI then.

Isn't it cute when TK and his negro co host hold up the little mask during their show, it's so faggoty cute
Once again, its ESPN's fault. They're milking that the PTI cow as much as they, even if it dilutes the program they're doing it for. There was no need to put the ending PTI segements into the middle of Sportscenter. Also I want to give some respect to Skip Bayliss, he is the only thing that makes that an abortion of show FirstTake bearable to watch.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
I agree, can't fucking stand Cowherd. He seems like a total douche and I usually find his show unlistenable.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
i have said it a few times in the NFL thread and the Pats thread...i HATE that bald PTI fucker....

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
At this point I hate EVERYONE associated with ESPN.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
PTI rules, and Tony rules as well (except on MNF).
His radio show was on XM is some of the funniest shit around, talking about sports mostly.

I really don't watch MNF with the sound on.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
never heard of him..... but his names cool as dog Shit.

Glenn Kornheiser President of Wackbag.... nice...

FLYERS VS WILD minutes away eh.

robertkeys

there is a lot of gash walking around today
Dec 3, 2004
i dont understand why espn had to change their football announcing team of theisman, mike patrick and that other guy when they got mnf. i thought it was the best team on tv.
kornheiser is just out of his element on that program. his morning radio show was the best though.

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
yup

I concur with several points made here.

#1- I like PTI, I even like Kornhieser on PTI

#2- I hate Korn-holer on MNF. He's horrible. I fuckin lost it when Baltimore went up 10-3 and he started blabbering about 'we're seeing one of the greatest upsets in football history....' and there was 7:45 left in the SECOND quarter! What an ass.

#3- Woody Paige is a pedantic ass!

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Don't mind PTI, HATE him on MNF. Worse than Dennis Miller.