Tool announce working on new album

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
This excites me. Over/under on how many more years before the album comes out is currently at 3.5 years.

Tool singer Maynard James Keenan confirmed the band are busy writing their next album - but he's staying well out the way until the music is finished.

It continues their tradition of Keenan finishing the tracks with his vocal parts while the band crack on with their mathematical composition wizardry. "I'm allowing them their space to do what they do," he told The Pulse Of Radio.

Keenan said he is writing potential lyrics to the album, but nothing is confirmed until he finally hears the music.

Tool are famous for the long intervals between album releases, typically taking up to five years to complete each record. With 2011 drawing to a close, and their last album "10,000 Days" released five years ago in 2006, fans are wondering if the next album is nearing completion. Keenan, however, made sure to stifle these wishes.

"Even if [the band] told me how close they are to being done, I couldn't tell you because if I say 60 percent people will start counting down," he said. "They write forever and then we go in and knock it all out."

Tool fans will be sorry to hear that future tours will be shorter than they have come to expect. "Physically, I can't do it, so that's not gonna happen," Keenan said. "We will tour, but it won't be the old-school dog-and-pony show of eight months of beating yourself to death."

He went on to say that he doesn't mind which of his high-profile projects get the songs he writes. "It doesn't really matter. No things are designated one way or the other, just whatever ends up coming up in the conversations with those musicians is what it ends up being."

Meanwhile, his side project Puscifer sold 12,000 copies of its second album "Conditions Of My Parole" upon release last week, according to Blabbermouth. It entered the Billboard chart at number 27.
Link

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I'm thinking 2012, actually. At least I really hope so. Maynard has been spending a shitload of time on Puscifer and his stupid wine. I can't wait to see what masterpiece they create this time...

Nov 29, 2006
FL
I didn't know there was new Puscifer out there. That should keep me occupied for a while.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
i was wondering what happened to them.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I don't mind waiting years for Tool albums if their product remains this good. I'm one of those people who fucking LOVED 10,000 days. I know it's kinda cool to shit on it, but songs like Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, and Right in Two deserve to be on any must-listen Tool setlist.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Im guessing you dont care?

I don't mind waiting years for Tool albums if their product remains this good. I'm one of those people who fucking LOVED 10,000 days. I know it's kinda cool to shit on it, but songs like Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot, and Right in Two deserve to be on any must-listen Tool setlist.
Those 4 songs are worth the price of the album alone. That and the weird stereoscopic 3d glasses.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Those 4 songs are worth the price of the album alone. That and the weird stereoscopic 3d glasses.
I have those too. :D

And I also LOVE Ten Thousand Days (the song). When I saw them live they played it and a real rain storm started just when you hear the thunder in the song. I was stoned and it was fucking freaky and awesome. It's just not something I would recommend to a novice Tool fan.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
I saw Puscifer in Chicago last week. It was so fucking great. Just an amazing show. Still have Conditions of my Parole in my car (over a month now).

Tool is my favorite band ever, but this Puscifer stuff is incredibly enjoyable.

And for continuity sake, I will say that 10,000 Days is the shit.

EDIT: Puscifer DVD should be out soon (hopefully).
[video=youtube;z581TMmazeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z581TMmazeA[/video]

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Might have to give them another try then. Last video I saw was of some depressing puppet thing doing depressing shit to depressing music. Needed a Valium after the first 10 seconds. I'm all for dark music once in a while, but Christ Almighty.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Might have to give them another try then. Last video I saw was of some depressing puppet thing doing depressing shit to depressing music. Needed a Valium after the first 10 seconds. I'm all for dark music once in a while, but Christ Almighty.
Sober. They usually do stuff that's more... up-tempo than that.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Why not try to try to find some meaning in it rather than assume that its all depressing? I admit the music and lyrics can be heavy at times but it's really worth it if you really get into it. For instance:

[video=youtube;wS7CZIJVxFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY[/video]

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
YES!!!

Their videos are some of the best videos ever made.
Not a big fan of the video for Vicarious but everything else is amazing. All directed by Adam Jones, I always loved watching films from the late 80s and spotting his name in the FX credits.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Not a big fan of the video for Vicarious but everything else is amazing. All directed by Adam Jones, I always loved watching films from the late 80s and spotting his name in the FX credits.
I would love to see Adam Jones direct a movie. He has such an interesting visual style. Fuck him. How much creativity do you need, deek? Save some for the rest of us.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
And Im sorry, but Danny Carey makes Neil Peart look like clown shoes.

[video=youtube;JHJbeDqdjqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHJbeDqdjqI&feature=related[/video]

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
And Im sorry, but Danny Carey makes Neil Peart look like clown shoes.

[video=youtube;JHJbeDqdjqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHJbeDqdjqI&feature=related[/video]
that vid is tame!!!

[yt]8KJFE8E3MpQ[/yt]

Aug 11, 2005
Tool announce working on new album
I thought that was a given, they are a great band, (been rehashing) I like them.