Tool re-releasing Opiate.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
TOOL will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden, limited edition package of their original debut EP, Opiate, on Mar. 26 to mark the 21st anniversary of the six-song release.

The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by legendary artist Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne, who has collaborated with TOOL on many albums including 10,000 Days, Lateralus and Salival as well as posters and merchandise.

The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5 x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with their glasses from the 10,000 Days packaging.

The packages will only be available via TOOL's website (www.toolband.com) on Mar. 26 and there will be no pre-orders. A limit of three packages from each of the 5 x 1,000 versions will be in place. More details to be announced soon.

too cool announced same day that NIN announced new tour dates. I wonder if they will do this with Undertow after all Undertow will be 20 this year.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Cool news but the uber limited edition stuff is kind of ridiculous. It makes my IHAVETOHAVEIT greedy side flare up like a son of a bitch.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
I'm glad I'm not a collector of things like this. I have the original release cd. It probably still works. The audio files on my computer definitely still work. Good enough for me.