Tooling around with my 2010 Tacoma...

ysr50

Donator
I miss my '84 Toyota. I like to imagine it's still saving another young dumbass from his idiotic bravado. That truck, in its stock form, was very capable. I still kick myself for selling it, trying to find one that hasn't been modified is almost impossible and the restored ones are expensive. A truck like that wouldn't have any issues with rust here unless you live really close to the ocean. Becoming a smoker and selling that fucking truck are probably my deepest regrets.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I miss my '84 Toyota. I like to imagine it's still saving another young dumbass from his idiotic bravado. That truck, in its stock form, was very capable. I still kick myself for selling it, trying to find one that hasn't been modified is almost impossible and the restored ones are expensive. A truck like that wouldn't have any issues with rust here unless you live really close to the ocean. Becoming a smoker and selling that fucking truck are probably my deepest regrets.
I got drunk and totaled a brand new 1989 Isuzu, I loved that truck, it was my “first” new car, its One of my “rewind” moments, along with not joining the army right out of high school

ysr50

Donator
I got drunk and totaled a brand new 1989 Isuzu, I loved that truck, it was my “first” new car, its One of my “rewind” moments, along with not joining the army right out of high school
The '84 was the first truck I bought without any help, I'd financed a couple of motorcycles with my dad as a consigner on the loans. I bought it used in '88 for $4000 with a loan from BofA. I never wrecked it, but I did sink it, high-center it and get it stuck more than once. It never stopped trying. When I sold it it had close to 300,000 miles, with a large majority of those being ridden hard and put away wet. It still ran, probably not with the enthusiasm that it had when I first met it, I'd bought an '87. It had independent front suspension and some other stuff that made me think it was better. As I get older I realize dumb things like easy lift kits and sunroofs are meaningless and I miss that truck. A stock '84 Toyota SR5 4X4 on good 31' tires is something I want.