Top Chef - Season 3 - BravoTV 10pm - Wednesdays

highway23

I miss NY wings
I don't know who else is a fan, but I enjoyed watching the last 2 seasons and this one seems to be filled with people with big heads who think they are better than what they really are.

Last week they had the all-stars from the past 2 seasons compete and the new season 3 people were judges. But tonight, they begin their competition.

Luckily, I can watch/dvr it during Rescue Me (Rescue Me is also on at 11:00)

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Liked the All-Star ep. last week. Stephen must have been so happy Marcel came along and won the biggest douche award. Seemed a little too coincidental how the teams paired off on the ingredients - winner vs. winner, douche vs. douche, etc.

The new bunch of contestants looks like it has a few too many of the "I'm going to win this because I shaved my hair into a mohawk" people. If the really want to intimidate the other people, they should try doing their hair like Julia Child.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Yeah this season they apparently picked a lot more professionals who have been in the business for a while, so they're "stepping it up a notch"

Man, I watch way too much TV

turkyman

I'm a big fan of the cooking shows. Looking forward to watching this season.

P.S. Shouldn't the thread title say Season 3?

Simby19

I watch too much SHIT, actually.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Tom Colicchio is a pretty cool guy. I worked at craftsteak in nyc for the last 10 months and I just started at Harold's place last week.

From the look of it this season should be good. When the guy said his dad was a chef and committed suicide I was just waiting for a laugh track. (damn you Opie) I wonder if he's still alive? :rolleyes:

Oh goody, another Vegas asshole.

Hung works at Guy Savoy, so he's going to go far. Then he can go into business with Stephen and Marcel — the Las Vegas Assholes restaurant. Then we can see who kills who first.

Simby19

Oh the drama. Lesbian amateur is out!

Oh goody, another Vegas asshole.

Hung works at Guy Savoy, so he's going to go far. Then he can go into business with Stephen and Marcel — the Las Vegas Assholes restaurant. Then we can see who kills who first.
I read somewhere that Hung has been friends with Marcel for a while.

Simby19

I read somewhere that Hung has been friends with Marcel for a while.
Yeah they did some season 1 VS season 2 special a few weeks ago and Marcel was totally threatened by him. He said they knew one another for a few years and that the Hung dude was " mad sick"

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
This season I think by far has the least amount of actual cooking talent. Plus I would like to stab Howie in the throat for fun.

DeltaPin

Donator
I want to see someone clothesline Hung when he's running around the kitchen.

EvilMonkey71

Blurka Blurka Blurka
This season I think by far has the least amount of actual cooking talent. Plus I would like to stab Howie in the throat for fun.
They're all a whole lot more talented than the hacks they had on Hell's Kitchen this season. I've been watching both and there's no comparison.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
They're all a whole lot more talented than the hacks they had on Hell's Kitchen this season. I've been watching both and there's no comparison.

Oh I completely agree with that. Top Chef always have better chefs than Hell's Kitchen. I was mostly just comparing to other Top Chef seasons.

Capt.Hilarious

Of all the names to choose...Capt.Hilarious?
Thanks for the spoiler tags Burky, I haven't watched the finale yet.

Yes, I will admit I have been sucked into the crap show. But it is surprisingly entertaining. I am completely clueless about cooking and it's pretty amazing the shit that these people can created.

Plus, no one has mentioned that very hot Casey. Kind of Jennifer Aniston hot. There was a shot of her in the hot tub in her bikini and lets just say..wow.

DeltaPin

Donator
Kind of sad Casey cracked under the pressure, I was hoping for her to win.

Speaking of hotness, I was really liking the Food & Wine chick, Gail Simmons.

KevSlider

EYE HAVE YOU
Wackbag Staff
Gail pissed me off this season. She made bullshit statements and tried to sway the judges to a wrong judgement. At least that's what the editing showed. I was happy Hung won. He deserved it.

Marcel (Season 2 runner-up) said Hung would go far. Supposedly the two are planning to start their own restaurant. Maybe Stephen from Season 1 can be their sommlier and they can call it the Las Vegas Top Chef Assholes Restaurant. But hey, I gotta root for the home team.

'Til then, I need to book a reservation at Guy Savoy before Hung moves on.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
The judges made it seem like it was a harder decision to choose Hung than it should have been. The only dish of his they didn't like was the bonus dish that he didn't even make. And their complaint wasn't about its taste, just the concept - a molten chocolate cake was kind of pedestrian after the rest of the meal.

Casey shit the bed - the only dish of hers the judges thought was perfect was made by Howie.

And while they loved one of Dale's dishes, he crapped out on one, and the other one they really liked was made by CJ.