Top Gear US Season 3

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Just a reminder that Top Gear America is starting tonight, or started, I download my shows so I don't know the actual schedule.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
It started last week with the police car challenge. Getting ready to watch it from my DVR.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I just watched the small car episode. We know both shows are scripted, but does the American version have to be so blatant about it? Does anyone seriously think that Tanner knew the area well enough to find some shortcut that miraculously ended with him crossing a levee and passing Adam within a few car lengths to take the lead? We know that the Tiny Car bit in the home town penalty would only work for someone who lived in a small town. So I knew at once who was going lose. Again, if you are going to script this shit don't make it so obvious. Then the next episode, I think the UK Cop car episode was more interesting. They chose to create their own cop cars instead of just choosing the police models from the big 3. The Ford won the challenge and they used the Ford Proofing Grounds for some of the challenges. I wonder if Chevy would have won if they'd have used Milford Proofing Grounds.

On a positive note, they dropped the stuff that just doesn't work in the US version. The Star in RPC, the hanger and news talk, etc. Just do the challenges and bits.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
FYI it is also available on demand... well from Time Warner...

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
I've liked both episodes so far. It is what it is.... Top Gear lite. IDGAF, I love cars. I also like Counting Cars, but that seems extremely scripted as well.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
That cripple ramp on the sidecar should have had some air relief to decrease the drag.

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
The Mardi Gras warehouse where they started is not only on the West bank (where they were supposed to end up) but about a mile from where they eventually ended up. Miraculously, they were on the East bank on Bourbon Street, then had to race BACK TO the West bank, passing the original Blain Kerns Mardi Gras World warehouse on the way.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
That cripple ramp on the sidecar should have had some air relief to decrease the drag.
Yeah... that was an insane bike. Was he crippled because he was fat?

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
I liked the first episode, the police car episode, but the second episode was really not good. Everything seemed out of place and just overall kind of shitty. Even the hunters were crap.

on another note, who is that gem in your sig Chino?

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
No idea.... been wondering for a while myself.