Torchwood on BBC America

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Anyone else watching this show?

I've been hooked since the premier episode. Great SciFi series, last nights episode had a great little twist for an ending.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I DL'ed the entire season from usenet. Got hooked on the character Jack Harkness on Doctor Who, knew I'd love the series. Which ep was last nights?

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Trying not to spoil .... it was about the dead guy with the "eye".

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
They are also showing it on HDNet

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Loving it. You all know Torchwood was an anagram of Doctor Who?

Fun Fact.

reverend chapel

Feb 12, 2007
Scotland
Another fun fact, the creator of torchwood is gay. This fact will be burnt into your skull by the time the first season ends.

There`s talk of the next season of torchwood and who being half the size due to strikes at the BBC

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Another perhaps more burning factoid is that the guy that plays Captain Jack is gay. My wife hates knowing that.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
That explains all the gay content....which is almost taking me out of the show.
(the jap chick's character is also a lesbo )

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
WOW! Another great show. Its SciFi but, hell, it can really rip at your emotions. Three very different story lines in one episode.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
WOW! Another great show. Its SciFi but, hell, it can really rip at your emotions. Three very different story lines in one episode.
I agree...I was almost in tears...I thought that was the best so far..

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Great ep last night, I'm really digging Tosh but, I could have done without the man kiss.

Season finale next Sunday and it looks to be good.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Great ep last night, I'm really digging Tosh but, I could have done without the man kiss.

Season finale next Sunday and it looks to be good.
thought Captain Jack is season finale. Wait, nevermind, just saw the ad.

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
My eyes burned...is Jack gay or bi?
I was cringing and had to look away.

I'm guessing he's totally flaming. As he was building the rift generator thingy, Owen referred to that other dude, Gareth, as Jack's "occasional shag."

Eh, I guess that's the price we pay for a couple of girl on girl kissing scenes.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Iv'e really enjoyed the show, in particular the tie-ins they've done with Dr. Who.

Does the end of this season mean the return of Robin Hood?

Jim T.

Calmo, calmo...
Jul 12, 2005
It's not so much gay as fuck-anything-that-moves. Capt. Jack is supposed to be from the far future, where everybody's "omnisexual." It's even become an in-joke on the show. In the first episode of season 2, James Marsters gets horned up over a poodle.

I didn't really like the few episodes I saw last year, but it looks like they fixed a lot of things this season. Capt. Jack doesn't have a stick up his ass (not that he would mind), there's more energy, it's funnier... Just better overall.

Budyzir

Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
It's not so much gay as fuck-anything-that-moves. Capt. Jack is supposed to be from the far future, where everybody's "omnisexual." It's even become an in-joke on the show. In the first episode of season 2, James Marsters gets horned up over a poodle.

I didn't really like the few episodes I saw last year, but it looks like they fixed a lot of things this season. Capt. Jack doesn't have a stick up his ass (not that he would mind), there's more energy, it's funnier... Just better overall.
WAIT WHAT ?!?!?!?!?!?

Season 2 already?

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Don't forget, season 2 starts tonight at 9:00.

From downloading the torrents of the first 2 episodes, I'd say the show is a huge improvement over the spotty first season - they finally found the show's sense of humor, and after the events of Jack's Doctor Who episodes, he's much less angsty.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Man, I'll never look at James Marsters the same way again. Blech.