Tracy Morgan walking his crowds?

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
Crowds have been walking out on Tracy at Caroline's this week. I dug his show but I guess hes not for everyone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21966600/

If the writer’s strike doesn’t end soon, you might want to light a candle for Tracy Morgan of “30 Rock.” All seven of Morgan’s Thanksgiving week shows at comedy club Caroline’s on Broadway sold out, but unfortunately ticket sales and positive reviews aren’t mutually exclusive. Morgan still had more than 30 minutes left in his 90-minute Nov. 24 show when audience members began walking out.
According to a Caroline’s employee, dissatisfaction with the “Saturday Night Live” alum was spreading like staph as the week progressed. “Lots of people have been walking out early. I think people expected Tracy Jordan, not Morgan,” the employee said, referring to Morgan’s “30 Rock” persona. The main difference between the two? Jordan is funny while Morgan just thinks he is.
At its best, the routine was stale and slightly amusing. At its worst, it was vulgar and awkward (think more Marilyn Manson than Larry David here). I hope Morgan did this on purpose, as if to say, “This is what I will subject the public to if the studios and writers can’t come to an agreement.” Speaking as one of the dozens and dozens of “30 Rock” fans out there, I hope that’s the case, and production on “30 Rock” resumes as quickly as possible, at least for Morgan’s sake.

EnwordLips

Nov 13, 2007
Probably just dopes not knowing what Tracy's act was going to be like. In fact his character on 30 rock is in fact similiar to his on stage persona

Ari Shaffir

Dec 4, 2006
Hollywood
Probably just dopes not knowing what Tracy's act was going to be like. In fact his character on 30 rock is in fact similiar to his on stage persona
I like how you used "in fact" twice in one sentence in order to state an opinion.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Lots of people walked on him at the Worcester Virus show in '06 when he closed the show.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
Well you'd have to close it with a real strong act to get most people to stay, based simply on traffic. I think 'lil Jimmy was last at PNC and thats the only reason i stayed the whole time (I think I did). Had it been anyone else save for say Bawby Kelly or maybe Vos, I'd've left, even if I don't hate them or like them in-studio. Except Saget. He just sucks. And I left before Mencia last year cause he too just sucks.

FUUUUUUCK! BEEEEEANER! Best Mencia impression to date.

S

Spiral Out

I was at his November 23 show at 10:30 pm and nobody walked out. Towards the end it did get a little awkward because he started singing and reflecting on his divorce. There was also a point in the show where he was staring at a chick in the audience and kept repeating "I want my dick sucked" but that was HILARIOUS!!!

EnwordLips

Nov 13, 2007
I was at his November 23 show at 10:30 pm and nobody walked out. Towards the end it did get a little awkward because he started singing and reflecting on his divorce. There was also a point in the show where he was staring at a chick in the audience and kept repeating "I want my dick sucked" but that was HILARIOUS!!!
That sounds funny as shit

Skitzobill2

Feb 12, 2006
cleveland
I saw him at he cleveland improv

Nobody walked out but it was pretty boring and I've heard alot of his jokes before from every black comedian (which surprises me because I heard he had writers). He got some laughs with very unfunny unoriginal material I think just because of who he was. I was surprised to hear he was put on the virus shows because I thought he wasn't talented enough for it although he's famous enough.

IDidItAll

Jun 19, 2005
90 minutes is pretty long for a gig.

Even Brian Regan might get a little punchy at that point.