Traffic/Law Help

Jan 6, 2006
I was pulled over doing 79 in a 55 yesterday and the law is if you are going 24MPH or more, your license can get suspended. Of course, I am going exactly 24 over the limit.

I have to appear in court on October 11th and face a judge and pay the ticket. Is there anything I can do besides a Defensive Driving Course to get the Judge to see it in my favor and lower it by a mile so I don't get a suspended license?

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
move back to the Ukraine????

Jan 6, 2006
One more thing, I have a Georgia license that I can get switched to Alabama. If I do that, will I be an Alabama resident fighting a ticket that was out of state?

Alabama law is less strict on speeding where Georgia is the opposite and has different laws for suspension.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Go into court and say.

No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
Go to court, plead guilty, and if this is your first offense, he'll probably let you off light. If not, I hope you don't have a job that requires a clean driving record.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Tell him you had a bad case of the trots, and thought you were going to shit yourself if you didn't get to a bathroom quick.

And slow the fuck down, turbo...

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Send you step dad in with a thing strapped around his waist. Lulululu

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
You were going 24 over and he gave you a ticket for 24 over? What the fuck. Around here, cops will almost always give you a ticket for either 5 or 10 over no matter how fast you were actually going. And besides that, for your 1st couple tickets, you can go in and get it reduced to Impeding Traffic and get off with just the fine and no points.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Driving like an ass will get you what you got. Slow down and get a haircut before you go to court. Judges don't like hippies.

Good luck comrade.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Go into court and say.

No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD
"oh, JAKE!"

:haha7:

MAV

Nov 23, 2005
Denver, CO
Plead Not Guilty and see if the ADA will play ball.
ADA? hows the american dental association going to help him? :action-sm

Go into court and say.

:haha7:
great reference

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Here if you're going 20mph over the speed limit then you qualify for wreckless driving, you'll go to jail, can have your car impounded, and have your license suspended.

They don't arrest people for it though unless you were doing shit like weaving between cars and running people off of the road though. But you still get fucked with fines.

I wouldn't be speeding like that in a small town though because they may just arrest you so they can get more money out of you and be dicks.

I got clocked going 24mph over the speed limit (54mph in a 30mph zone) when I was in high school but I just got a speeding ticket. I was ticketed in the parking lot of my high school :p It was the chief of police that pulled me over. He had left his patrol car parket in his yard for like a week and he was never in it until that one day. So, I had just ignored the car but the dude sure as hell was there that one day.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
ADA? hows the american dental association going to help him? :action-sm

ADA as in Assistant District Attorney, most DA's don't go to traffic court, that's for wet behind the ears ADA's.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
It's 24mph? I thought it was 25? At least for automatic suspension.
I've seen where the police officer will stand outside the courthouse and knock down the ticket. If you weren't wreckless, tailgaiting others or any priors, he may lower it. Most of the time, they just want the money.

Jan 6, 2006
It's 24mph? I thought it was 25? At least for automatic suspension.
I've seen where the police officer will stand outside the courthouse and knock down the ticket. If you weren't wreckless, tailgaiting others or any priors, he may lower it. Most of the time, they just want the money.
This is what it says:

Under 21 Years of Age Suspension
The Georgia driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:

Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 4-6-270.
Racing on highways or streets.
Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
Reckless driving.
Any offense for which four or more points are assessable under subsection (c) of Code Section 40-5-57.
*Unlawful passing of a school bus.
*Improper passing on a hill or curve.
*Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
Driving under the Influence.
Aggressive Driving, Code Section 40-6-397.
Misrepresenting age ot identity for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage
The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.
Since I was directly on the limit, it's my first offense, I plan on taking a Traffic School class, and I plead guilty, will the judge more than likely drop it down to were I just pay a $300+ ticket or suspend my license?

I also plan on changing my license from Georgia to Alabama this weekend, will they still prosecute me to the Georgia law since I had a GA license when I was pulled over or will they give it to Alabama to handle? If that is the case, I would just have to pay them since going 24MPH over the limit isn't a suspension in Alabama.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
We have at least one lawyer on WB who does traffic law. Hey B54, does Alabama participate in the "points" system with Georgia? I know NY doesn't participate with anyone but Ontario Canada of all places.

Jan 6, 2006
We have at least one lawyer on WB who does traffic law. Hey B54, does Alabama participate in the "points" system with Georgia? I know NY doesn't participate with anyone but Ontario Canada of all places.
Yes, but there points have different values.

If I got the same ticket in Alabama, it would be a $150 fine and that's it because here its 30MPH or more that your license can be suspended.

Which is why I plan on switching my license to Alabama just in case.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
don't speed next time silly

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
If the cop that gave you the ticket DOES not show up for court,plead not guilty, and tell the judge you thought you were only doing 65. In most states if the cop doesn't show up , and he is your accuser, then you will get off with a lighter ticket.