Trailers that give away the whole movie.

patty's wig

Dec 9, 2004
I couldn't find the trailer but I wonder if anyone else remembers the "Double Jeopardy" (with Ashley Judd) trailer.

It seriously gave the entire movie away. I think the ending scene where she confronts her dead husband was in it.

This movie sucked and I'm pissed I still remember this.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
May 12, 2007
1060 W. Addison St., Chicago, Illinois, 60613

Scuba Steve

We Will Never Forget XM202. Suck My Fucking Cock
Jul 20, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
It really pisses me off. I love to go see movies and it sucks these days. You know the whole plot before you even get in the theater. I remember the days you could see a trailer and not know half of what was happening. The studios wonder why no one is going anymore.

Best thing they could do to make movies better in theaters:

Tell people to shut the fuck up! Blacks are the worst at this. If you have been to the movies then you know. Why pay money to come and talk the whole fucking time.

Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, NY
Evan Almighty was probably officially the worst trailer as far as giving away the movie . . . they set up the whole thing of people accusing him of being crazy, and then at they end they show him in the arc riding a giant wave . . . what twats

another thing is a LOT of trailers for those romantic comedies end with the couple having their big "we just got together at the end of the movie" embrace . . . . kinda ruins the "will they, or wont' they" . . .

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
The trailer for Episode III gave alot away, but the story was going to be predictable to begin with. Anakin becomes Vader, his chick dies, kids born...

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
The Departed trailer showed a certain character aiming a gun, which doesn't happen until the very last scene in the movie, therefore before it happens you know it's going to and the impact is lessened.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
You know what used to be REALLY bad for that? The Friday the 13th movies. At least the first few....they'd show all of the kills, while the announcer guy would say things like "Jason Vorheees. He's back. And he's killing everyone who enters his territory" and such.

I think the trailer for part 3 was the biggest example...

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
You know what used to be REALLY bad for that? The Friday the 13th movies. At least the first few....they'd show all of the kills, while the announcer guy would say things like "Jason Vorheees. He's back. And he's killing everyone who enters his territory" and such.

I think the trailer for part 3 was the biggest example...
Thats funny right after I posted I thought of horror movie trailers in general. Your watching one and like "OK, he dies, she dies, they die...", plus they show all the cool scenes. I mean that's why you watch a slasher, to see the kill scenes, not to have the trailer show them all.

A recent example would be that gory Alien Vs Predator Requiem trailer that popped up a while back. They show what is probably every death in the movie. I looked at my friend who showed me and said, thanks for rooooning the movie for me.

WhiteHonkyDevil

Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Thats funny right after I posted I thought of horror movie trailers in general. Your watching one and like "OK, he dies, she dies, they die...", plus they show all the cool scenes. I mean that's why you watch a slasher, to see the kill scenes, not to have the trailer show them all.

A recent example would be that gory Alien Vs Predator Requiem trailer that popped up a while back. They show what is probably every death in the movie. I looked at my friend who showed me and said, thanks for rooooning the movie for me.
Oh yeah, or how about the Rambo trailer. Either these two movies are going to be the bloodiest movies evAr, or they've totally rooooned Rambo and AVP.

At least the trailer ruined the second AVP and not the shitty plot, acting, etc. this time around.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The Departed trailer showed a certain character aiming a gun, which doesn't happen until the very last scene in the movie, therefore before it happens you know it's going to and the impact is lessened.
QFT. I just saw the Departed a couple weeks ago and I knew from the trailer that Mark Wahlberg points a gun at someone, with the intent of killing them. Knowing what the story is about and that Wahlberg plays a cop, it totally ruined it for me, because I knew what the ending was going to be. Also you want talk about trailers and giving away a movie, all you have to do is look at the very first trailer for the Mist.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Best thing they could do to make movies better in theaters:

Tell people to shut the fuck up! Blacks are the worst at this. If you have been to the movies then you know. Why pay money to come and talk the whole fucking time.
I've given up on seeing any movies on opening weekend or on the weekend at all if I can avoid it. Hit a theater on a Tuesday or Wednesday night after work and it's amazing. Usually some senior citizens in there and that's about it. As someone that actually enjoys going to the movies to experience the movie, not as a social event or just a way to kill an evening, I highly recomend it.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Have any of you ever watched the trailers of old movies like the 60s and 70s? That's one of my favorite things on DVDs, for some odd reason. But they often given away the ending of the movies. They might not say what it is or not have it in context but a lot of times they will show the final shot of the film.

[yt]ciF2CYn36gA[/yt] Scarface trailer shows the final shootout.
[yt]0rNld-GD5xU[/yt] Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia is another one. (A Bennington recommendation that I cannot recommend highly enough.)

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
i love previews that have nothing to do with the movie.f the audience.
[media]http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/publicservice1.mov[/media]
this ones pretty funny.
[media]http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/publicservice2.mov[/media]

http://www.idmonsters.com/rtc/06/fightclub.html

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Passion of the Christ.

BTW, isn't this a topic from R&F in the O&A forum? I wonder...

WhiteHonkyDevil

Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I've given up on seeing any movies on opening weekend or on the weekend at all if I can avoid it. Hit a theater on a Tuesday or Wednesday night after work and it's amazing. Usually some senior citizens in there and that's about it. As someone that actually enjoys going to the movies to experience the movie, not as a social event or just a way to kill an evening, I highly recomend it.
Goddamn right, that's why I used to frequent a local theater on Fridays at noon. Generally I'd be the only person in the theater and could enjoy the shit without comments from the peanut gallery.

i love previews that have nothing to do with the movie.f the audience.
While I agree with that, the marketing for The Matrix pissed me off to no end...all we got in these parts was Fishburne saying something along the lines of "I can't tell you what the matrix is...you need to experience it for yourself. So, I waited for video. I think it would've kicked ass in the theater......

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
Goddamn right, that's why I used to frequent a local theater on Fridays at noon. Generally I'd be the only person in the theater and could enjoy the shit without comments from the peanut gallery.
Yeah, I've pulled that move, too. I saw No Country For Old Men and Transformers at noon at my local theater.

wasp

my farts stink
Mar 2, 2005
Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
tv shows are just as bad. right after a killer episode of heroes they start right in showing you shit from the next show. I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS THATS WHY IM WAITING TO WATCH IT! fucking stupid tv people