Trailers, Tidbits, and Other Stuff That Doesn't Need A Thread (Yet)

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
City of Lies - That movie where Johnny Depp solves the Tupac/Biggie murders was due out next month but just completely removed from the schedule.

LiddyRules

God dammit, Netflix...
#AccurateFuturePost

Speaking of Netflix, I'm interested in Maniac. It feels very Legion-ish to me.

I know you're generally down on TV. Personally, I am behind on pretty much everything. I haven't even started the new seasons of Westworld or Preacher yet. There's so many shows that I've generally stopped caring about - mostly dramas - because there's too much out there and much unlike Winnie the Pooh, I've lost the ability to bother.

However, I read about a show today that will get you totally on board. It's not EPIX's Slaughterhouse Five series because we totally need that in the way we need a Catch 22 miniseries, which is also happening for some reason. It's not the new Duncan Jones show Killer Intent because even though he's failed miserably his past two goes, I still kind of have hopes for him, but the odds of me actually watching the show are nil. Or the $100 million 10-episode Favreau Star Wars series. It's this. Finally.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/plain-white-ts-song-hey-delilah-being-adapted-tv-1132668

Hey There Delilah: The Series

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Disney's live action Mulan has found it's Mulan - Liu Yifei:

I get emails from Warner Archives Collection informing me of what's new on Bluray and DVD, as well as what's back on DVD. Such as this disaster of a movie:

Wherever this movie was, they need put that shit back back where they found it.

LiddyRules

Whatever happened to that Cumberbatch IS Edison movie and how long until Netflix buys it?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Now I kinda want to see it.

Even without seeing it, I think both Reilly and Coogan should receive Oscar nominations for Best Actor and/or Best Supporting Actor.

LiddyRules

Great news for @Pigdango - Kingsman 3 schedy for November 2019 because if there was one thing Kingsman 2 lacked it was the feeling that they rushed it into production because 007 imploded and there was a hole in the schedule.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Great news for @Pigdango - Kingsman 3 schedy for November 2019 because if there was one thing Kingsman 2 lacked it was the feeling that they rushed it into production because 007 imploded and there was a hole in the schedule.
Poor Channing Tatum. I’d almost rather see Gambit.

Bobobie

I'm four episodes in, it isn't in the same league as Legion. Legion was a very serious and cinematic, while this plays more like a Fox dark Comedy drama. It's good for what it is. Surprisingly, I'm not hating on Skinny Jonah Hill's wooden acting as much as Fat Jonah Hill. I'm still not sure what the real world of Jonah Hill's character is. There are sophisticated futuristic advertising Kiosks, VR, robots, but no flat screens. All the computers have bulky green Monochrome Screens. The Statue of Liberty is called the Statue of Extra Liberty and it's a gold statue of a greek dude with cape that's blown back like wings. You see stuff like this statue during Jonah Hill's scenes and he' delusional and sometimes sees people who are not there so you can't be sure. After the initial two episodes to do character backstories it falls into each episode where Hill and Stone play new roles in different time periods. Sort of like sliders, only they are hooked up to some machine instead going through a portal. I'm liking it and might finish it this weekend.
Speaking of Netflix, I'm interested in Maniac. It feels very Legion-ish to me.

LiddyRules

I'm four episodes in, it doesn't seem to be in the same league as Legion. Legion was a very serious and cinematic, while this plays more like a Fox dark Comedy drama. It's good for what it is. Surprisingly, I'm not hating on Skinny Jonah Hill's wooden acting as much as Fat Jonah Hill. I'm still not sure what the real world of Jonah Hill's character is. There are sophisticated futuristic advertising Kiosks, VR, robots, but no flat screens. All the computers have bulky green Monochrome Screens. The Statue of Liberty is called the Statue of Extra Liberty and it's a gold statue of a greek dude with cape that's blown back like wings. You see stuff like this statue during Jonah Hill's scenes and he' delusional and sometimes sees people who are not there so you can't be sure. After the initial two episodes to do character backstories it falls into each episode where Hill and Stone play new roles in different time periods. Sort of like sliders, only they are hooked up to some machine instead going through a portal. I'm liking it and might finish it this weekend.
Fine. I was wrong. Whatever. I'll deal. Still going to watch it though.

I also think the new Saulnier movie dropped today, @Neon. Also @Neon, have you seen Mandy yet? Fantastic. Made me think of a grittier Refn.

LiddyRules

They're thinking of rebooting Shrek with the original voice actors.

@Pigdango - have we ever HitWed an animated film?

Boss Baby

Last edited:

DiggerNick

Donator
They're thinking of rebooting Shrek with the original voice actors.

@Pigdango - have we ever HitWed an animated film?

Boss Baby
Watch THE ANGRY BIRDS movie, then watch Stefan Molyneux's mind-blowing video about how the movie is an anti-globalism allegory. That's why it had to get made in Europe; libturd Hollywood would never allow it.

LiddyRules

@Hog's Big Ben @Stormrider666

They're remaking Rebecca. But oddly enough, a good director is handling it - Ben Wheatley of Free Fire and High Rise. Lily James is playing the Second Mrs. DeWinter and Armie Hammer is playing Mr. De Winter.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
@Hog's Big Ben @Stormrider666

They're remaking Rebecca. But oddly enough, a good director is handling it - Ben Wheatley of Free Fire and High Rise. Lily James is playing the Second Mrs. DeWinter and Armie Hammer is playing Mr. De Winter.
I saw that on Deadline this morning, but stopped reading at "Netflix."

But I'll watch it anyway...