Trailers, Tidbits, and Other Stuff That Doesn't Need A Thread (Yet)

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
@Pigdango

Remember when you were all "Dumbo, Aladdin, and The Lion King - that's a lot of live action Disney animated movies this year!"?

Well, Maleficient 2 10/18/2019. That's this year!

LiddyRules

I saw this trailer and can't tell if it's a teen movie or another Neon Demon.

LiddyRules

There's this horror movie coming out called The Curse of La Llorona

But the title makes me think The Curse of My Sharona

They should use that bass for the promotions.

LiddyRules

Did we ever discuss I Don't Feel At Home in This World Anymore? Macon Blair feels like earlier-in-his-career James Gunn, so this sounds like a great fit.
I believe we did. I remember for awhile I considered that and Beasts of No Nation the only good Netflix movies. And now they might be up to five!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
I believe we did. I remember for awhile I considered that and Beasts of No Nation the only good Netflix movies. And now they might be up to five!
Which are the others? I haven't seen Hold the Dark yet but what are the other 2?

LiddyRules

Which are the others? I haven't seen Hold the Dark yet but what are the other 2?
Roma and Buster Scruggs. (The number isn't actually 5. It's at least 4. Might be as high as 7.)

I remember being somewhat disappointed in Hold The Dark, but I might rewatch it at some point.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Roma and Buster Scruggs. (The number isn't actually 5. It's at least 4. Might be as high as 7.)

I remember being somewhat disappointed in Hold The Dark, but I might rewatch it at some point.
I need to check those out. Haven't been watching movies lately for some reason.

I think the best thing I watched last year was on Netflix - The Haunting of Hill House.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Ive always drawn a line between movies Netflix produced, like Bright, and movies they bought after they were made, like the two you mentioned.

They get no credit whatsoever for noticing studios are bidding on a movie and simply bidding higher because they can.

They get negative credit for trusting some creator that did something else good before to make their pet project that was rejected by every other studio.

Going through their list there is a middle ground of movies that they bought the rights to before they were made. Hold the Dark is one of those. It’s not good.

I think Gay Cowboy movie and Roma might also be in that middle ground. They weren’t produced by Netflix, but Netflix giving them more cash than they normally would have gotten might have made the movies better. So I guess there is that.

LiddyRules

Ive always drawn a line between movies Netflix produced, like Bright, and movies they bought after they were made, like the two you mentioned.

They get no credit whatsoever for noticing studios are bidding on a movie and simply bidding higher because they can.

They get negative credit for trusting some creator that did something else good before to make their pet project that was rejected by every other studio.

Going through their list there is a middle ground of movies that they bought the rights to before they were made. Hold the Dark is one of those. It’s not good.

I think Gay Cowboy movie and Roma might also be in that middle ground. They weren’t produced by Netflix, but Netflix giving them more cash than they normally would have gotten might have made the movies better. So I guess there is that.
So what you're saying is that life is complicated, and trying to put things into easy one-size-fits-all buckets doesn't accurately capture the complexities and nuances of reality.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
So what you're saying is that life is complicated, and trying to put things into easy one-size-fits-all buckets doesn't accurately capture the complexities and nuances of reality.
Hi, I’m Pigdango. Welcome to Wackbag, friend! Tell me something, do you like to watch bad movies?