Trailers, Tidbits, and Other Stuff That Doesn't Need A Thread (Yet)

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://www.thegamer.com/disney-cancels-mega-man-magic-the-gathering-fox-merger/

Disney Just Scrapped Mega Man, Magic: The Gathering, And Sims Movies

by Eric Switzer – on Aug 08, 2019 in Game News

In the wake of the Disney-Fox merger, Disney has decided to shelve all but a handful of the currently in development film projects at Fox. Nearly 300 films have been cancelled, including films based on Mega Man, Magic: The Gathering, The Sims, and Assassin's Creed 2.

Disney will be moving forward with James Cameron's Avatar franchise (of which there are currently 4 sequels in production) as well as a future Planet of the Apes film and the indie-focused Fox Searchlight brand, all others, at least for the time being, will not be moving forward.

The decision appears to be based on Fox's reported $170 million operating loss in Disney's fiscal third quarter. Earnings for the studio where not at all where Disney expected them to be after the acquisition, and much of the blame seems to be on Dark Phoenix, the final film in the X-Men franchise, for under-performing.

Dark Phoenix grossed just $65 million on a budget of over $200 million, less than even the original X-Men from 2000 made. Disney CEO Bob Iger also attributes the operating costs to over-inflated marketing expensive, specifically with relation to the upcoming Ford Vs. Ferrari starring Christian Bale and Matt Damon.

As for the cancelled films, it is unknown how far along these projects were at the time they were cancelled. Rumors of a Mega Man movie first began to circulate in 2014, but it wasn't until this past October that Capcom confirmed the project was in development at Fox. Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, the team behind Catfish and Nerve, were set to write and direct the film. Now, it seems that won't be happening.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
https://hnentertainment.co/neill-bl...robocop-returns-mgm-will-move-on-without-him/

Neill Blomkamp Announces He Has Exited ‘RoboCop Returns’ –
MGM Will Move On Without Him
By Christopher Marc
-
August 15, 2019

Early today, writer/director Neill Blomkamp (District 9) announced on his official Twitter account that he has exited MGM’s RoboCop sequel RoboCop Returns.

Instead, he’ll shoot a new “horror/thriller” that seemingly would happen first and MGM won’t be waiting around for him. Alluding to another director will be announced in the near future as the studio wants to begin shooting soon.

Off Robocop. I am shooting new horror/thriller and MGM can’t wait/ need to shoot Robocop now. Excited to watch it in theaters with other fans. N

— Neill Blomkamp (@NeillBlomkamp) August 15, 2019

Blomkamp hasn’t had the best luck with projects lately with 20th Century Fox suddenly ending Alien 5 during it’s development/pre-production stages. This year was about to shoot Greenland starring Chris Evans only for him to pivot to RoboCop script development.

Neill was recently working with screenwriter Justin Rhodes (Terminator: Dark Fate) on a new draft of the script, said to be a direct sequel to the original 1987 film directed by Paul Verhoeven and starring Peter Weller.

Hopefully, this new horror/thriller will be worthwhile and he’ll actually get something made in the next year or so.

As for RoboCop Returns, MGM has yet to announce a replacement for Blomkamp and if they are indeed keen on getting filming underway we’ll start hearing names very soon.

SOURCE: NEILL BLOMKAMP

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Has anyone checked out the new Danny McBride show?

I really want to check out Fleabag.

Mindhunter season 2 has held up thus far.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I forgot to mention...is it just me or is there something about Anna Torv?

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
I forgot to mention...is it just me or is there something about Anna Torv?
I saw the first season of a show she was in called Secret City and she looks the best there than I've ever seen her and I can't tell why.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I saw the first season of a show she was in called Secret City and she looks the best there than I've ever seen her and I can't tell why.
Did you ever get around to watching Fleabag? I recall you mentioning it once.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Sad news guys, Leslie Jones isn't returning to SNL.

BIV

I bet this film is a hoot.

"It's a film about the ugliness of human history, and about the evil that men — particularly white men — are capable of."

"It's a film about the ugliness of human history, and about the evil that men — particularly white men — are capable of."
If white men didn't do those things, assuming we did do them in the first place, we wouldn't have a country and you wouldn't have been born.

Does any other group or nationality flagellate themselves on a daily basis like white people do? Japan committed horrors on Korea and China for hundreds of years. To this day they can hardly muster a "sorry about that".

BIV

Has anyone watched that Carnival Row on Amazon?