OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Transformers 4- June 27, 2014- Cybertronian Sequel Laws Don't Follow Earth Sequel Laws

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by LiddyRules, Nov 10, 2012.

1. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

[​IMG]

It's official. Bay's directing. Apparently it won't have any of the actors from the first three films. And Mark Wahlberg is starring.

That got me thinking. Does anyone actually care about Mark Wahlberg? Like would you consider yourself a Mark Wahlberg fan? Or have you ever seen Mark Wahlberg in a role and been like "I can't imagine this movie without him?" Or "I would love to see Wahlberg in that part." This isn't to say he's a bad actor or that he drags a movie down, and I've liked a number of his stuff (like The Departed, Three Kings, Boogie Nights, I Heart Huckabees) but I don't think I've ever thought of his as much of an actor.

I don't think George Clooney's great, but he's had a number of roles where at least I can say "I'm curious about what he's doing." Damon, Pitt, and DiCaprio have proven themselves as more than just a pretty face. But with Wahlberg, I'm having difficulty thinking if I've ever been interested in his career trajectory.

2. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

I like Wahlberg but would never run out to see a movie with him in it. Most of the time it's a sign that a viewing should wait till home release.

3. LilJimmyRbinson

LilJimmyRbinson Best muppet ever

I actually liked the third one. Not sure if that was because it's good or fun or just because it's not part 2 which was one of the worst movies of the past 10 years.

4. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

Sounds about right. The surprising thing is that despite his seeming lack of ability or fanbase, he has landed a number of big time projects with big time directors. I expect Bay to get more "Happening" than "Departed" out of him.

I view this project as more Battleship 2 than Transformers 4

5. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

We don't need another Transformers movie, atleast one directed by Michael Bay.

6. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

I'm calling it right now, Marky Mark will be the voice of Bumblebee (when Ratchet finally repaires his voice module)

7. LiddyRules

I think part 3 is only slightly better than Part 2. It makes the same damned mistakes. John Malkovich was the same as Rainn Wilson.

And I was annoyed that Sam couldn't use his connections to the Transformers to get him a job. By that I mean, in number 2, he made international news for being connected to the alien fucking invasion. Then he gets a medal from the President. Then no one can connect that the two are connected?

8. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I think the way I defined 3 was that it looked like there was actually a pretty good script buried under all the crap they eventually did. 2 didn't even have that going for it.

9. LiddyRules

I don't think there was a good script. I think there were good elements that should have been built on (e.g. Earth finding out about aliens on their planet and dealing with them because Autobots being exiled was all over the news.) But not a good script.

10. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I didn't mean good as in the dialogue was good. Like parts of the concept were good. Maybe "outline" would have been a more appropriate word than "script."

11. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Whalberg better be Spike trapped in Autobot X's body or Rodimus Prime with this song playing over and over on a video screen:

12. LiddyRules

Article on why Transformers 4 might film in China and the importance of the Chinese box office. http://www.vulture.com/2012/11/paramount-hopes-to-set-transformers-4-in-china.html

This quote made me laugh
    Additionally, I read on the same day that producers are casting for Wahlberg's daughter/race car driver boyfriend and for maybe Harry Osbourne in Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which I think is a dumb idea to include him). But I was thinking, would you rather be part of the Transformers franchise or the Spidey franchise? Because I think I'd prefer Spidey. (And, for sake of the argument, let's say that each franchise has the same amount of life left in it.)

13. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

How many shit piles do we need?

Guilty Spark likes this.
  14. DR. Jimcy M.E.

Well if Transformers does anything right it's stereotypes. Expect a pair of transforming chop sticks that can't pronounce L's.

15. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

16. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

Lets see, in the Transformers I'm probably playing a member of a special forces unit who shouts out catchphrases that some are going to have a problem with.

In Spidey, I'm playing the assistant editor of the Daily Bugle. That's assuming the newspaper industry still exists in the Amazing Spiderman universe. If I get cast as a villain there are going to be people on a messageboard yelling, "He wasn't black in the comic book"!!!!!!

I hate to say it, but I'm going to go with the Transformers.

17. LiddyRules

I'd say if you're cast in Spider-Man, there's less of a chance for you being step and fetch-it-y.

Also, your special forces unit is the B team to the highly competent group of super-fighters.

Also, if you get cast as a villain, there are also going to be people on a messageboard saying "Finally, a black criminal in movies."

18. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

IIRC one of the Special Forces guy is black and not step and fetch it-y at all. They save their racial stereotypes for the robots.

19. DR. Jimcy M.E.

[​IMG]

The more I think about this movie the more I like it over the years. One of the only times we had a multiracial military unit that didn't devolve into "yakum smackem" airplane talk.

[​IMG]

"I see you..."

Mac rules.

20. Frankie_b

Frankie_b Talk softly and drive a big tank!

21. LiddyRules

I hope he's like McDreamy in #3. His family was the Decepticons Accountant

22. Guilty Spark

Guilty Spark It's freeing and refreshing

Can we just get a half hour long big screen giant robot fight? That's all anyone gives a shit about. Story is tits on a bull, and we'll save hours of our lives.

23. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

I did like Frasier as Beast.

SOS likes this.
  24. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Youre ghostin us mother fucker. Now I don't care who you are back in the world. You give us a slip one more Im gonna bleed you. Real quiet. Leave you here. Got that

25. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.