Transformers: The Movie

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
going tonite... I am not expecting much.

BTW if your going to post movie review dont post one from some CNN douchebag. Just post the rotten tomatoes link... tranformers = 67% which isnt too bad

JOHNNY HAIRDO

Hello dummies
Mar 8, 2005
NYC
In New York the Daily News gave it a pretty good reveiw. Looks interesting enough to blow ten bucks on, fucking detest Michael Bay though.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
After I saw the first look thing on HBO I called for this to be a bomb. Here is a new review of the movie. It's going to stink, and be a disaster for the studios.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/02/review.transformers/index.html
thanks for your "i told you so" post....right now its getting 67% fresh on rotten tomatoes and most of the negative reviews have been because "Michael Bay made it" as long as it doesnt alienate the original fanbase it will be a success...

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
thanks for your "i told you so" post....right now its getting 67% fresh on rotten tomatoes and most of the negative reviews have been because "Michael Bay made it" as long as it doesnt alienate the original fanbase it will be a success...
if your not a fan then of course you wont like it... I dont like Bay, besides The Rock but I am/was a huge fan of Transformers so I am gonna see it. Wouldnt be the first time I was disappointed by a movie that I wanted to see *cough* Xmen3*cough*

I'll post tonight when I get home

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
if your not a fan then of course you wont like it... I dont like Bay, besides The Rock but I am/was a huge fan of Transformers so I am gonna see it. Wouldnt be the first time I was disappointed by a movie that I wanted to see *cough* Xmen3*cough*

I'll post tonight when I get home
xmen 3 was a huge dissapointment had some of the worst dialogue ever, but yeah if your not a fan of transformers you probably wont like the movie and i am very honest with my movies so if it sucks i will let everyone know...

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
After I saw the first look thing on HBO I called for this to be a bomb. Here is a new review of the movie. It's going to stink, and be a disaster for the studios.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/02/review.transformers/index.html
i dont know man Moriarity on Aint it Cool gave it a postive review pretty much comparing it to the first time ya seen Jurassic Park. let me guess you dont like Michael Bay. oh and Roger Ebert came off his death bed to review it 3 Stars

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
Going to see it tonight at the drive-in
Why see it at a drive in?

I am going to see it in DLP at 8 CST. I'll post a reveiw when I get home. I would rather take in a review from one of you guys over a douche bag reviewer.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
I'll probably go on Wednesday. A lot of the critics are saying that aside from the CGI and battle scenes, Shia Lebeuf (how do you pronounce that kid's name without sounding gay?) steals the show. At least let us know if they manage to work in "The Touch" somehow.

Sutsu

O&A Po'ty ROCK!
Dec 7, 2004
Staten Cancer
What the movie will do good:
-Blow shit up.
-Make Shia LaBouf the star of the movie.
-Create really amazing special effects that will change the movie industry.
-Bumblebee really was the one that always was getting beat up on by the humans and taken apart.
-Give us something to post in the JJO threat (Megan Fox)
-Autobot/Deceptacon eye color seems to be right, blue/red respectively.
-Get Bumble-bay to take an oil-golden shower on one of the governments G-men.
-Make Optimus and Megatron brothers (allegedly, according to a script I read that seems to be 99% of the shooting script)
-Kill us with exchanges like this:
[Captain Lennox is trying to call the Pentagon while his men fight Scorponok]
Captain Lennox: I need a credit card! Epps, where's your wallet?
USAF Master Sgt. Epps: Pocket!
Captain Lennox: Which pocket?
USAF Master Sgt. Epps: MY BACK POCKET!
Captain Lennox: You got ten back pockets!
USAF Master Sgt. Epps: LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!
Captain Lennox: Okay, it's a Visa...
International Operator: Also, sir, have you heard about our Premium Plus full service call package?
Captain Lennox: NO I DON'T WANT A PREMIUM PACKAGE!

What it won't do.
-Give a coherent storyline anyone cares about. Especially the hardcore fans that remember who Chris Latta is or what kind of car Bumblebee was.
-Correctly represent Starscream, Ironhide, Ratchet, Megatron, Scorponok, Devastator (who is one 'bot in this and not the Deceptacon combiner of awesomeness he should be) or even Spike (that WAS Witwicky's actual name, ya know). Jazz becomes more of a golfer from what I hear.
-Won't put the focus on the real stars of the movie: THE GODDAMN TRANSFORMERS. Just look at the TV spots and trailers and see how much talking time the 'bots get compared to the fat black dude from Scary Movie 3/4.
-Won't give Optimus and Megatron anywhere near enough time for a real respectable battle.

Result? Michael Bay can eat my fuck, and he won't get my $10. I'll eventually see it on HBO and lambast it, or buy a pirate copy from someone, but that's about it. And I'll hope that IF there is a sequel, Bay, writers Orci Kurtzman and Rodgers and producer Tom DeSanto are nowhere near it. And that if they do put Soundwave in it, they bend over backwards and get Frank Welker and a vocator machine to do his voice just like the good old days.

NortonsSTD

I'm a disease
Jan 6, 2006
Vegas
i dont know man Moriarity on Aint it Cool gave it a postive review pretty much comparing it to the first time ya seen Jurassic Park. let me guess you dont like Michael Bay. oh and Roger Ebert came off his death bed to review it 3 Stars

I don't have an opinion on Michael Bay. Ebert can't die fast enough for me, I can't stand that bastard.

NortonsSTD

I'm a disease
Jan 6, 2006
Vegas
It wasn't meant to be a "told you so" type of post. I'm 33, which means I was in the main fanbase at the height of the Transformers. It was one of my favorites from my childhood. Like most others from that group, I really do want the movie to be good, I hope it doesn't suck, but everything I've seen besides the first trailer I saw looks like it's going to be a huge bomb. We'll see, I hope it's not.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
My brother was telling me its going to suck cause Micheal bay only does loud action scenes and really doesn't do a full movie. When he said it I was like "I guess you have not seen or just don't remember the old TV series huh?"
The old series was all about the action. Sure it had an interesting story but imagine if the cartoon had little or no action. It Would have sucked!
Say what you want about Bay but the guy knows how to put an action scene together. Even in "Pearl Harbor", his major bomb, the actual Japanese attack sequence was amazing, it was the rest of the story I could do without.(And then he didn't have to answer to Speilberg!).
So I'm reserving judgement. The reviews have been not that bad, unlike "Harbor". It will make a ton of cash(I thought a "bomb" was a movie that didn't make cash?). And if Bay puts alot of action in it like the old series....fine by me!

Carl Spackler

You want me to kill all the Golfers?
Oct 29, 2004
Bushwood Country Club
Just got back from the theaters.. After all the hype and the constant posts by myself and others on here, I can gladly say that I wasn't dissapointed. Of course it had its eye rolling back moments but all in all, it was very well done. I think that if you go in there with a neg attitude, you may not enjoy it as much. I thought it was great.

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Feb 8, 2006
Rochester
They should have made Jazz an escalade with his sick break dancing moves.
and of course the black robot dies

Overall the movie was decent, some cheese here and there but the fights were good, and the two women in it were god damn hot

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Just got back from the movie. It's really good. All the action you expect, wasn't very campy, good story line. As Carl Spakler said it had a couple of eye rolls, but having a Nickelodeon child star as the lead Laboeuf really pulled it off. And the autobots were the story line. Trying to word this so no spoilers.

P.S. See it in a theatre you know has comfy seats. It's a long flick. Definatly two thumbs up and worth the 10 bucks of entertainment. And another $65 for the small popcorn and diet coke.

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
I just got back. Its a bay film for sure but its pretty good. Any Transformers movies is going to be picked apart no matter who directed it. LeBouf is going to make a fine lead one day that kids got talent. In the film prime has lips but his face looks like we all remember it when he is in battle mode. It makes sense since it is kind of an armor thing. All of the transformers faces change a little when fighting. Megatron, Starscream, Barricade and the helicopter(the name escapes me) are BAD ASS! I hated the fact that the movies had so much GM product placement but it was kinda cool that Barricade who is the Mustang police car and decepticon was a rival auto maker. I don't want to roon it so I'll shut up now.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
What the movie will do good:
-Blow shit up.
-Make Shia LaBouf the star of the movie.
-Create really amazing special effects that will change the movie industry.
-Bumblebee really was the one that always was getting beat up on by the humans and taken apart.
-Give us something to post in the JJO threat (Megan Fox)
-Autobot/Deceptacon eye color seems to be right, blue/red respectively.
-Get Bumble-bay to take an oil-golden shower on one of the governments G-men.
-Make Optimus and Megatron brothers (allegedly, according to a script I read that seems to be 99% of the shooting script)
-Kill us with exchanges like this:
[Captain Lennox is trying to call the Pentagon while his men fight Scorponok]
Captain Lennox: I need a credit card! Epps, where's your wallet?
USAF Master Sgt. Epps: Pocket!
Captain Lennox: Which pocket?
USAF Master Sgt. Epps: MY BACK POCKET!
Captain Lennox: You got ten back pockets!
USAF Master Sgt. Epps: LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!
Captain Lennox: Okay, it's a Visa...
International Operator: Also, sir, have you heard about our Premium Plus full service call package?
Captain Lennox: NO I DON'T WANT A PREMIUM PACKAGE!

What it won't do.
-Give a coherent storyline anyone cares about. Especially the hardcore fans that remember who Chris Latta is or what kind of car Bumblebee was.
-Correctly represent Starscream, Ironhide, Ratchet, Megatron, Scorponok, Devastator (who is one 'bot in this and not the Deceptacon combiner of awesomeness he should be) or even Spike (that WAS Witwicky's actual name, ya know). Jazz becomes more of a golfer from what I hear.
-Won't put the focus on the real stars of the movie: THE GODDAMN TRANSFORMERS. Just look at the TV spots and trailers and see how much talking time the 'bots get compared to the fat black dude from Scary Movie 3/4.
-Won't give Optimus and Megatron anywhere near enough time for a real respectable battle.

Result? Michael Bay can eat my fuck, and he won't get my $10. I'll eventually see it on HBO and lambast it, or buy a pirate copy from someone, but that's about it. And I'll hope that IF there is a sequel, Bay, writers Orci Kurtzman and Rodgers and producer Tom DeSanto are nowhere near it. And that if they do put Soundwave in it, they bend over backwards and get Frank Welker and a vocator machine to do his voice just like the good old days.
your list was dead fucking on man... but I dont think they were brothers...
prime says something at the end and calls him brother.. i think it was more like all decepticons/autobots were his brother

you are kinda wrong about the battle, you may think other wise but the last 40 minutes was nothing but action
My brother was telling me its going to suck cause Micheal bay only does loud action scenes and really doesn't do a full movie. When he said it I was like "I guess you have not seen or just don't remember the old TV series huh?"
The old series was all about the action. Sure it had an interesting story but imagine if the cartoon had little or no action. It Would have sucked!
Say what you want about Bay but the guy knows how to put an action scene together. Even in "Pearl Harbor", his major bomb, the actual Japanese attack sequence was amazing, it was the rest of the story I could do without.(And then he didn't have to answer to Speilberg!).
So I'm reserving judgement. The reviews have been not that bad, unlike "Harbor". It will make a ton of cash(I thought a "bomb" was a movie that didn't make cash?). And if Bay puts alot of action in it like the old series....fine by me!
I know your a huge fan as are me and my friend sam, he hated it cause it wasnt ALL G1 characters I on the other hand LIKED (not love) it.

One thing you cant say about bay is that he doesnt do action good. The fights and explosions were PHENOMENAL PEOPLE

Just got back from the theaters.. After all the hype and the constant posts by myself and others on here, I can gladly say that I wasn't dissapointed. Of course it had its eye rolling back moments but all in all, it was very well done. I think that if you go in there with a neg attitude, you may not enjoy it as much. I thought it was great.
Moments is an understatement. The phone call scene that sutsu described wasnt even that bad compare to some of the other cheesy dialogue

They should have made Jazz an escalade with his sick break dancing moves.
and of course the black robot dies

Overall the movie was decent, some cheese here and there but the fights were good, and the two women in it were god damn hot
Could be a little more than that Crosby..and yes the 2 bitches were smoking
HAHAHAHA me and my friend looked at eachother at the end and was like
"what a shock they killed the schwoogie"

Just got back from the movie. It's really good. All the action you expect, wasn't very campy, good story line. As Carl Spakler said it had a couple of eye rolls, but having a Nickelodeon child star as the lead Laboeuf really pulled it off. And the autobots were the story line. Trying to word this so no spoilers.

P.S. See it in a theatre you know has comfy seats. It's a long flick. Definatly two thumbs up and worth the 10 bucks of entertainment. And another $65 for the small popcorn and diet coke.
again I think you guys saw a different film then me, Jazz speaking ebonics almost got me to leave the theater.. I thought there was WAY too much cheese and couldve used alot more robot time

I just got back. Its a bay film for sure but its pretty good. Any Transformers movies is going to be picked apart no matter who directed it. LeBouf is going to make a fine lead one day that kids got talent. In the film prime has lips but his face looks like we all remember it when he is in battle mode. It makes sense since it is kind of an armor thing. All of the transformers faces change a little when fighting. Megatron, Starscream, Barricade and the helicopter(the name escapes me) are BAD ASS! I hated the fact that the movies had so much GM product placement but it was kinda cool that Barricade who is the Mustang police car and decepticon was a rival auto maker. I don't want to roon it so I'll shut up now.
Product placement was insane... fucking mountain dew even got a nice shot and XM got a mention:icon_roll

Overall I was happy with it. The action was amazing and the actors werent bad on the negative side the dialogue was very cheesy at times and there are a few scenes that just had me :icon_roll
theres a scene where the autobots are hiding in PLAIN sight of the dorky kids father

If you are a huge fan then I dont know how you will receive this film, like I said I am and I liked it alot but my friend is too and he hated it. Definitely dont go expecting a ton of action in the first hour because besides two fights you aint getting it
They also wait a good hour to intro optimus and the rest of the autobots.... oh and almost two hours till you see starscream, megatron, and devestator

I have to say though.. watching the robots run then jump in the air and transform was chilling. It was done incredibly flawless. I thought the movie would be a huge green screen CGI fest which it was technically BUT you couldnt tell, seriously ILM did an amazing job with the effects.

Overall i was shocked I didnt hate it and actually enjoyed it. I would definitely go see a sequel which there DEFINITELY be one.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
This movie is why you see movies in the theatre. Yes it had its moments of Bay Dialouge, (The scene in the garden while the kids are looking through the house and in the scorponok battle) However, there was no shor changing in Transformers fighting Transformers.

Also FYI

Guess what. Product placement is here to stay. No point bitching about it.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
This movie is why you see movies in the theatre. Yes it had its moments of Bay Dialouge, (The scene in the garden while the kids are looking through the house and in the scorponok battle) However, there was no shor changing in Transformers fighting Transformers.

Also FYI

Guess what. Product placement is here to stay. No point bitching about it.
totally agree, how else are these studios supposed to make some of their 100 million plus back.... i liked the xm spot.

I started to accept it a few years ago during the Matrix reloaded (I think) Theres a scene on a higway and EVERY care is a FORD (I could be wrong about the movie but I specifically remember seeing ford emblems on EVERY car in this 10 minute scene)

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
I went last night and I will say that I thought it would suck but now I will say that this is the best action movie of the year, including 300.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
This movie will not be living up to any kind of standards I have for what a Transformers movie should be, I loved Transformers and I can tell there just going to have a gay ass story with lots of cheese and weak battles, but that's what they do,,,I mean I'm sure transformers is going to BANK on this and bring back all the old toys etc,,didn't TMT do that?

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Damn, i cant go into details cause of spoilers. The fight scenes are long, you dont leave the theatre wishing they showed more bot fights. In the words of Austin Powers, "Yay capitalism.". It's just a movie. Go have fun.