Trent Lott says "Talk Radio is running America"

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/15/w...EWS&adxnnlx=1181927333-P5hPmYu7q38uxSRhO18Guw

This old irrelevent douchebag has the balls to criticze talk radio just because the majority of it is speaking out on this bullshit amnesty bill. The only reason the Republicans took control of Congress in '94 was because of the rise of conservative talk radio. I was so fucking pissed when I read this. The coorporations are running America and leading the Democrats and Republicans around with a leash. Fucking lapdogs.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
no, Trent Lott is angry that talk radio is not going along with the amnesty bill. If they did he, would never say a thing. All politicians want the same thing anymore, to get re-elected.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
The moderates in the GOP need to be ousted. They are dragging the party down to Democrat levels with their do good faggotry.

I see this as a good development. People love their talk radio and this will just hasten their fall.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
The "thousand Mandarins" want an uninformed America so they can move forward with their dastardly deeds.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
Left or right, conservative or liberal.......

All of these fuckers seem to have forgotten the reason for them being there. When I walk into the voting booth, I am chosing someone that will vote how I want them to vote. I'm not walking in there to vote for someone to make decisions for me because I am too stupid to make them on my own.

I just really cannot believe the arrogance of that comment. They seem to think that they know what we want more than we do.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
When did we stop being a representative Constitutional Republic that values Freedom of Speech?

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I think it's pretty ballsy to be a republican who stands up to talk radio. Good for Trent Lott. Why should the conservatives own the republican party? Talk radio is just a bunch of sycophants and group thinkers. It really does dumb down debate.

The varying opinions on this is interesting. For the most part I get nothing from the current state of political talk radio. It's no longer a tool to rally and inform the masses. But if that's what the people want, others to do their thinking for them let em knock themselves out.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
The varying opinions on this is interesting. For the most part I get nothing from the current state of political talk radio. It's no longer a tool to rally and inform the masses. But if that's what the people want, others to do their thinking for them let em knock themselves out.
I cannot speak for everyone, but I do listen to political talk radio on a regular basis. However, I do not always agree with the hosts. Just like any other opinion I make, I look at all possible views prior to forming one.

The blind followers of any person, be it a liberal or a conservative talk show host are idiots. Most of the talk radio hosts were indeed against this and they were the ones claiming victory when the bill originally seemed to fail. I don't view them as the PRIMARY reason it failed, I look at it more that they helped point out the flaws in the bill and Americans decided against it.

Another very telling quote is as follows:
At some point, Mr. Lott said, Senate Republican leaders may try to rein in “younger guys who are huffing and puffing against the bill.”
This SCREAMS arrogance to me. Yeah, these young people in the Senate don't know what they are talking about and we will fix it.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The blind followers of any person, be it a liberal or a conservative talk show host are idiots.
:clap:

Use to listen to Hannity, before catching the Virus. I respect Sean, but... just couldn't take his thousandth repeated opinion on abortion, I get he doesn't like it.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
Use to listen to Hannity, before catching the Virus. I respect Sean, but... just couldn't take his thousandth repeated opinion on abortion, I get he doesn't like it.
Hannity's position on abortion is a perfect example. I am VERY much pro-choice, yet I loved listening to Hannity because while I may disagree at times, he is pretty fucking smart.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I cannot speak for everyone, but I do listen to political talk radio on a regular basis. However, I do not always agree with the hosts. Just like any other opinion I make, I look at all possible views prior to forming one.

This SCREAMS arrogance to me. Yeah, these young people in the Senate don't know what they are talking about and we will fix it.
Agreed, I don't let Limbaugh, Hannity or Neal Boortz tell me what to think, but I don't need them to tell me this immigration bill is a bad idea. My rule is if both parties agree w/something it is usually going to wind up hurting this country.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
With regards to this amnesty bill, it's disturbing how much the amnesty supporters on the right are acting just like liberals in this. From bitching about talk radio, to using a typical leftist tactic of smearing your opponents as racists & bigots, even though they may have valid arguments against this legislation. Completely disgusting.

Left or right, conservative or liberal.......

All of these fuckers seem to have forgotten the reason for them being there. When I walk into the voting booth, I am chosing someone that will vote how I want them to vote. I'm not walking in there to vote for someone to make decisions for me because I am too stupid to make them on my own.

I just really cannot believe the arrogance of that comment. They seem to think that they know what we want more than we do.
I can't believe the arrogance of Congress as a whole.

Say what you will about Bush. He's not too popular with a lot of folks - not too popular amongst his own party, with this amnesty bill going around.

But it's nauseating to me, to see Congress - a Democrat Congress, especially - walk around like they have a mandate, when they have LOWER approval ratings than even the president.

It's cause very few of those fuckers care about what the American public wants. It's all about pleasing their base, and special interest groups. I'm just disappointed that so many people in this country got conned so easily by Democrats, when they (Dems) claimed that they'd be different than Republicans if voted into office. What a fucking joke that was. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The blind followers of any person, be it a liberal or a conservative talk show host are idiots. Most of the talk radio hosts were indeed against this and they were the ones claiming victory when the bill originally seemed to fail. I don't view them as the PRIMARY reason it failed, I look at it more that they helped point out the flaws in the bill and Americans decided against it.
This is actually one of the best posts I've read since being here. I may not agree in total with the basic statement but you summed it up perfectly. But I will add, this element of debate is what's missing from talk radio.

You made your point and left room for anyone to decide for themselves. My main issue with talk radio is that is seldom if ever done anymore.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Talk radio is about entertaining first and informing using facts a far second. I am not saying this is either bad or good, it just is.

Enjoy talk radio, but it is probably a poor idea to form a political opinion solely by it.