TRUMP PRESIDENT NAAAHHH!!! and the Trail of Delicious Liberal Tears

It can't be mere coincidence that the SCOTUS made this unsigned ruling on the annviersiary of 9/11 without a legal rationale. They recognize the importance of safeguarding the homeland and made the correct call on this one. Kudos to the SCOTUS. Best way to commemorate 9/11.
Supreme Court Authorizes Trump to Deny Asylum to Central Americans
While legal challenges proceed, new rule requires refugees to seek asylum in another country they enter before arriving at U.S. border

By Brent Kendall and Jess Bravin
Updated Sept. 11, 2019 7:15 pm ET

WASHINGTON—The Supreme Court authorized the Trump administration for now to deny asylum to Central Americans who cross through other countries on their way to the U.S., a boost for White House efforts to tighten the southern border.

The court, in a brief written order, stayed the effect of lower court rulings that barred the administration from enforcing the asylum restrictions. One of those injunctions was issued just this week by a federal judge in California.

The court’s unsigned order, a single paragraph that didn’t provide its legal rationale, allows the government to implement the policy while litigation proceeds. In December, the court, by a 5-4 vote, declined to lift lower court orders blocking a less severe policy that denied asylum to applicants who didn’t present themselves at an official port of entry. It wasn’t immediately clear how the court distinguished between the two cases.

The Supreme Court’s action Wednesday means the Trump restrictions can be enforced everywhere—and likely for many months. Litigation in the case could take another year or longer to conclude.

It can't be mere coincidence that the SCOTUS made this unsigned ruling on the annviersiary of 9/11 without a legal rationale. They recognize the importance of safeguarding the homeland and made the correct call on this one. Kudos to the SCOTUS. Best way to commemorate 9/11.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
We can't be sure of long term effects obviously, but 1% of smokers die every year in America. So far, 6 out of 10 million vapers in America has died.
I still can't get over how silly this all is. Opioids kill like 45,000 people a year but we're gonna focus on vaping lol.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
True, but the smokers died from decades of smoking cigarettes. Some of the dead or comatose vapers have been vaping for months. This is all just reactionary nonsense from politicians pretending to give a shit, though. How was a product that's possibly that dangerous ever approved for market without more independent research? None of them gave a shit before the media craze started.
It's this simple. Doctors have said they don't know if vaping will kill you or not. If you're an adult and still vape, it's on you.

I've used vaping to quit smoking, and I feel exponentially more healthy when vaping instead of smoking. Until the science says otherwise, I'll base my opinion on that.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
It's this simple. Doctors have said they don't know if vaping will kill you or not. If you're an adult and still vape, it's on you.
My dead BIL was smoking cigs, weed and vaping. He died from respiratory failure.

Sent from your Mom's box.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Meanwhile

Thanks AP for the two cents from the ACLU and the two dissenters (Ginsberg and Sotomayor). Too bad you had no room left for the majority opinion.

Last edited:

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
Sounds like he wasn't giving his lungs much of a chance. How old was he?
His official cause of death on his DC was 911 respiratory failure.

He worked for Con-Ed and worked down there for years after "some people did something." He was 49.

He always smoked and abused his body. He had a bad pill habit too. The guy was a total mess. That he was able to hold down that Con-Ed job for 27 years was a miracle.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
His official cause of death on his DC was 911 respiratory failure.

He worked for Con-Ed and worked down there for years after "some people did something." He was 49.

He always smoked and abused his body. He had a bad pill habit too. The guy was a total mess. That he was able to hold down that Con-Ed job for 27 years was a miracle.

Do you know how much he smoked a day?

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
The bottom line is the President has vast powers that his office allows him.There is no debate. There shouldn't be a debate atvtheblower court level. But activist judges are gonna try to legislate from the bench cause OMB, despite the law being clear. The SC has no choice.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Trump apparently is preparing to ban all flavored e-cigs. If they discovered the flavors were what was causing a small amount of health related illnesses that would be fun but if this is just to protect the children then this isn't cool. The recent rash of potentially related illnesses to e-cigs is so minor we shouldn't even know about it. I hate calling for stricter regulation but where this shit comes from is of concern and that should be all anyone is worried about. Also, people are adding whatever they want and smoking it. Perhaps that isn't smart.
The news is only telling a tiny bit of the story and it’s infuriating, the number one vector is that these kids are vaping THC from unknown sources and suspending it in oil which is absolutely bad, that’s what is pissing me off the other deaths they are blaming on vaping all have other underlying health problems

The news is only telling a tiny bit of the story and it’s infuriating, the number one vector is that these kids are vaping THC from unknown sources and suspending it in oil which is absolutely bad, that’s what is pissing me off the other deaths they are blaming on vaping all have other underlying health problems
That's the way I understand it as well. All the twitterfags were saying "why don't they ban AR-15's instead?" I'm thinking "so your upset Trump might want to take a legal product from law abiding citizens because some very few individuals are using it in a bad way, and banning the product won't really accomplish anything?" Hmmm...

ysr50

Donator
Like as in packs? He was a pack a day.
Weed I'm not sure. Probably on a near daily basis. His vape habit grew rather quickly too. Multiple recpticales and flavors.

He probably was trying to quit cigarettes using a vape, but wasn't serious about quitting cigarettes so he ended up doing both. I've never heard of anyone having respiratory issues from smoking weed but it probably didn't help.

Holy shit, that's real.

That's really real.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Yep, its all the airplane's fault now. And 2,977 dead victims are now reduced to 'more than 2000'.
Wouldn't want to say 'almost 3,000', or use the actual number, I guess that might offend airplane manufacturers..