TSA Holding It Down, Keeping Us Safe

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
From killer cupcakes.

'Security Theater'? TSA Confiscates Woman's Frosted Cupcake
By Olivia Katrandjian | ABC News Blogs – Sat, Dec 24, 2011 11:10 AM EST

A Massachusetts woman who flew home from Las Vegas this week says an airport security officer confiscated her frosted cupcake because he thought its vanilla-bourbon icing could be a "security risk."

Rebecca Hains told ABCNews.com today that a Transportation Security Administration agent at Las Vegas- McCarran International Airport seized her cupcake, saying the frosting sitting atop the red velvet cake was gel-like enough to violate regulations.

The incident took place Wednesday.

Hains, a teacher, said the cupcake was a gift from one of her students. She was traveling with her husband and toddler, and thought her young son might get hungry on the long trip home.
The cupcake was packaged in a glass container with a metal lid, which was why it attracted the attention of the scanner in the first place.

The TSA agent didn't know what to do with the cupcake, so she called over her supervisor, Hains said.

"The TSA supervisor, Robert Epps, was using really bad logic - he said it counted as a gel-like substance because it was conforming to the shape of its container."

"We also had a small pile of hummus sandwiches with creamy fillings, which made it through, but the cupcake with its frosting was apparently a terrorist threat…I just don't know what world he was living in," said Hains, speaking of the TSA officer.

Hains said she had flown from Boston to Las Vegas with two cupcakes without any problems.
"The TSA at Logan Airport said the cupcakes looked delicious and told us to have a great trip. But in Las Vegas, they were dangerous. They shouldn't be delicious in one part of the country and a security threat in the other."

Hains called the TSA "security theater."

"You'd expect them to be consistent. If they're doing what they claim to be doing and actually protecting travelers, they would be applying their rules using critical thinking. He gave no indication that really thought the cupcake was a threat."

"This really isn't about the cupcake, it's about the bigger issue and it's indicative of the fact that broader reforms need to be made to the TSA because they are not keeping us safe," said Hains.

"In general, cakes and pies are allowed in carry-on luggage," TSA spokesperson James Fotenos told ABC News affiliate WCVB. Fotenos added that they were looking into why this cupcake was confiscated.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Could we just fire all of these cunt TSA agents and adopt the security measures That EL Al uses? Enough is enough with this bullshit.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Could we just fire all of these cunt TSA agents and adopt the security measures That EL Al uses? Enough is enough with this bullshit.
I've thought the same thing but we're a nation of whiny bitches and crybabies. We are so afraid of offending others and inconveniencing others than getting the job done the way it should.

There is no more common sense and good judgement. Black and White policies are being applied to a "fluid" world.

They also need to raise hiring standards and appearance standards and stop hiring from the lowest common denominators.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
El Al should offer domestic US air service.

I flew them four years ago. Before you even go through the metal detector, you're interviewed by a representative who checks your IDs and asks you personal questions about why you're going to Israel, what's your heritage, et cetera. The guy was suspicious because I didn't know what temple my father goes to, and also was wondering why my license picture (taken 1994) didn't look like my passport picture (taken 2001) and neither looked like me in 2007.

After that, you go through the metal detector and you watch as your luggage goes through the giant metal detector right there in front of you (actually, I think your luggage goes through first). Only then are you able to approach the reservations counter. It's a good feeling knowing that on the tarmac the plane is being watched over, that all the staff is ex-military (since military service is compulsory in Israel), that there are armed (and unmarked) security people on the plane, and that even the sky waitresses can fuck you up if they need to.

The last thing they're worried about is fucking cupcakes and geriatrics with colostomy bags.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Is this suppose to be shocking? Only the lowest of the low want to be TSA agents. Meter maids have more dignity and purpose than TSA. They are robots with no human reasoning.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Next time put your icing in 3oz plastic bottle. The only way to make sure it's not a threat.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This must be a regional thing. The last couple times I flew, all the TSA folk were upstanding white people.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Of course not. They're unionized democrat voters.
correct me if im wrong but wasn't the TSA cooked up during the bush administration?

its more that they are just typical government drones, with no threat of being fired for incompetence, ignorance or belligerence.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
correct me if im wrong but wasn't the TSA cooked up during the bush administration?

its more that they are just typical government drones, with no threat of being fired for incompetence, ignorance or belligerence.
Pretty much.

It's not a D vs R thing, it's just that the government can't do anything without fucking everyone in the ass.

But Don is right in the respect that they're now a nationalized union, and will be a very huge D proponent in the future. (If not already)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It's a shame that one can't apply for a 5-minute waiver of assault and battery laws.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
Surprise surprise....

TSA defends confiscation of Mass. woman's cupcake

PEABODY, Mass. (AP) — The federal Transportation Security Administration is defending its decision to confiscate a frosted cupcake from a Massachusetts woman flying from Las Vegas.

The TSA says in a blog comment posted Monday the cupcake was packed in a jar filled with icing, which is considered a gel under a policy designed to secure travelers from terrorists seeking to evade detection by using explosives made of plastics, liquids or gels.

Peabody (PEE'-buh-dee) resident Rebecca Hains was barred from taking her cupcake onto a plane last month when a TSA agent said icing in the jar exceeded amounts of gels allowed in carry-on luggage. Hains has called that "terrible logic."

The TSA says travelers can take cakes, pies and cupcakes through security checkpoints but should expect they might get additional screening.
___
Online: TSA blog post about cupcake: http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/01/cupcakegate.html

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
She's from a place called "Peebiddy". Fuck her.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
My first thought on this was "Who has their food taken away at airport security then calls the news?"

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
This must be a regional thing. The last couple times I flew, all the TSA folk were upstanding white people.
Ergo why when we fly we go out of Portland rather then Logan...

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

And they have their own union... whereas ATF/FBI/Treasury/FDA/USDA etc... are members (for the most part) of the NTEU one of the bigger Federal Employee Unions... also they don't use GSA pay grades which is odd.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Make tasty looking cupcakes with lots of chocolate laxatives in them and top with mounds of icing.

Go through checkpoint with lots of fatso TSA's.

Once the suckers take the bait, watch as hilarity ensues as they shit themselves.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
And they have their own union... whereas ATF/FBI/Treasury/FDA/USDA etc... are members (for the most part) of the NTEU one of the bigger Federal Employee Unions... also they don't use GSA pay grades which is odd.
Last I checked TSA uses the New World Order pay grades and they're are a part of the One World Government Union. I'm sure KRSOne could clear it all up for us though.