Tupac At Coachella

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I'm sure many have seen this, I'm not sure if it's cool or super-creepy.

I know the hologram thing has existed, but I've never really seen it interact with living people.
So in this video Snoop is rapping live on stage with Tupac-hologram.

I'm not sure if I'd go to a hologram show or not... Like if they did a Beetles hologram tour, with Lennon and Harrison. Synced everything up perfectly, had stage interaction, etc.
Is it cool or lame?

[yt]DQgrce1VflI[/yt]

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Not technically a hologram, but I go with cool. I'd absolutely see a Beatles show like that if it was good. Just think of it as something slightly different than an actual musical concert.

I believe they do it a lot in Japan already. They have a pop star who is a cartoon character and I think "she" does live shows like this all the time.

Yup, Hatsune Miku. Live band, hologram singer.

[video=youtube;DTXO7KGHtjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI[/video]

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
l. I'd absolutely see a Beatles show like that if it was good
A cool thing about that is you could easily do all the different eras of the Beatles in one "Concert"

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
How exactly did they do that? Did they have someone stand in for the body and make it look like he was 2Pac? And what was that thing Snoop Dogg was wearing on his hand? Was that part of the hologram trickery?

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
How exactly did they do that? Did they have someone stand in for the body and make it look like he was 2Pac? And what was that thing Snoop Dogg was wearing on his hand? Was that part of the hologram trickery?
I think it was just hologram technology, no stand in.

I think the hand thing was just this ridiculous microphone he uses.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Go to the link I posted, it is explained there.