TV's Disney's Marvel's Netflix' Defenders - The Comic Book

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Just like The Defenders TV show, this isn't set in the MCU. (I know the TV show 'technically' is @BIV )

This is apparently set in the good old All New, Mostly Sucky Marvel, even though Luke Cage has TV's Luke Cage's hoodie, and Jessica Jones has died her hair black and gone on quite a diet to look more like her scrawny TV counterpart. Thankfully, Iron Fist has a costume instead of a business suit, and Daredevil isn't wearing hockey pads.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...bendis-bringing-back-comic-book-series-963406

Just like The Defenders TV show, this isn't set in the MCU. (I know the TV show 'technically' is @BIV )

This is apparently set in the good old All New, Mostly Sucky Marvel, even though Luke Cage has TV's Luke Cage's hoodie, and Jessica Jones has died her hair black and gone on quite a diet to look more like her scrawny TV counterpart. Thankfully, Iron Fist has a costume instead of a business suit, and Daredevil isn't wearing hockey pads.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...bendis-bringing-back-comic-book-series-963406

Yuck, Bendis.

Pigdango

Donator
Here's where I'm at in my massive project to read through the Avengers level Marvel Universe - I've just finished Siege, which like Secret Invasion was a great setup but didn't really deliver when it came right down to it. After a brief break to finish up Abnett and Lanning's fantastic 5 year Cosmic run, I'm just about to enter The Heroic Age, which from what I understand, is the time when shit started to fall apart. Fear Itself and the Children's Crusade both get ok marks, but after that you have AvX, Age of Ultron, Axis, Infinity, and of course Civil War 2, none of which are very well thought of. Even IGN pooped on Civil War II.

Still I'm gonna slog through it, and like an asshole I keep buying comics I'm not even reading every week. There will be a time when I just end it. I probably should have after Secret Wars III.

Here's where I'm at in my massive project to read through the Avengers level Marvel Universe - I've just finished Siege, which like Secret Invasion was a great setup but didn't really deliver when it came right down to it. After a brief break to finish up Abnett and Lanning's fantastic 5 year Cosmic run, I'm just about to enter The Heroic Age, which from what I understand, is the time when shit started to fall apart. Fear Itself and the Children's Crusade both get ok marks, but after that you have AvX, Age of Ultron, Axis, Infinity, and of course Civil War 2, none of which are very well thought of. Even IGN pooped on Civil War II.

Still I'm gonna slog through it, and like an asshole I keep buying comics I'm not even reading every week. There will be a time when I just end it. I probably should have after Secret Wars III.
I stopped reading around the "Heroic Age" generation. It was probably around when Bendis retconned Iceman to be gay and the final nail in the coffin was the DC movie with gay Batman.

I had enough after that and focused all my comic energy into manga and anime instead.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Jessica Jones scrawny? I'd take Krysten Ritter ANY day over just about any other actress out there. She's sublimely hot.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Jessica Jones scrawny? I'd take Krysten Ritter ANY day over just about any other actress out there. She's sublimely hot.
I think you left what little sense you had in that safe

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Eww, she looks like she had a stroke. But shes a Shickshinny 100..so...

Pigdango

Donator
Ya'll's fucking cray. She's sexy as hell. I mean, come on.

Yes she is. She's also scrawny, especially compared to the way she is normally drawn in the comics.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Ya'll's fucking cray. She's sexy as hell. I mean, come on.

Joey has the right of this. Maybe not to the extend he says, but she's awesome.

Open the fucking safe, Joey.