TWA Flight 800 Investigators Claim the Official Crash Story Is the Cake

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
TWA Flight 800 Investigators Claim the Official Crash Story Is a Lie

A new film claims the official government report on the crash of TWA Flight 800 in 1996 is an elaborate fabrication, but the most shocking part of the story is that charges are being leveled by some of the very investigators who put the report together. Six experts who appear in the film were members of the National Transportation Safety Board investigation team that concluded the crash was an accident, but they now claim they were silenced by their superiors. The movies, "TWA Flight 800" will debut on EPIX TV next month, on the 17-year anniversary of the crash.

TWA Flight 800 was en route from JFK Airport in New York to Paris, France, when it exploded and crashed off the coast of Long Island, killing all 230 people on board. From the very beginning, there were some who speculated that the plane was the victim of a terrorist attack, leading the FBI to conduct its own criminal investigation. Among the possibilities that were suggested as the cause were a bomb in the cargo hold, or an anti-aircraft missile. Several witnesses even claimed they saw an object or streak of light that looked liked a missile or rocket moving toward the plane before it exploded.

The final NTSB reported said that faulty wiring connected to a central fuel tank caused a blast that destroyed the fuesalage, however, there were still many skeptics and conspiracy theorists who have long doubted that official story. In one particularly famous example, Pierre Salinger, a former Press Secretary for President John Kennedy and reporter for ABC News, claimed he'd seen proof that the U.S. Navy shot down the plane and then covered it up.

Now, those theories are likely to get a new airing, thanks to accident investigators who worked on the TWA 800 case, but say they were not allowed to speak up at the time of the official report. The experts include NTSB and TWA accident investigators, who say they are only able to speak up now that they are retired. According their statements in the film, they believe the official explanation is wrong and the damage was caused by an explosion that came from outside the plane.

The filmmakers won't speculate on what could have caused such an explosion, and haven't yet offered up evidence to support their theory (you'll have to watch on July 17), but they are asking the NTSB to re-open the investigation. Whether or not that happens, or even if a follow-up reaches the same conclusions as the original, this new film will ensure that the alternate theories and claims up a cover will probably never be put to rest.
http://news.yahoo.com/twa-flight-80...1lBHB0A3BtaAR0ZXN0A3NjcmVlbl9jb250cm9s;_ylv=3

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I haaaaaate conspiracy theories...But there were quite a few different witnesses who stated they saw a streak of light head straight for the plane just before it blew up...and the investigation said "That must have been leaking fuel igniting"...they didn't say there was no streak of light...now to me that seems absurd that jet fuel would leak that straight, that far and the burn from the top down would not be discernible to the witnesses...I really think it was shot down by a shoulder fired AA rocket...maybe from a rooftop or a boat...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Several hundred people all witnessed the same thing; a streak of light heading up and then a huge explosion. All were threatened if they told the truth.

Nothing to see. Move along...

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Several hundred people all witnessed the same thing; a streak of light heading up and then a huge explosion. All were threatened if they told the truth.

Nothing to see. Move along...
Jessie?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
So if the Navy shot down the plane, why?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Nope. But I did spend that summer on Dune Road.
I was at my beach house in Davis Park when the thing went down. We went to the water and you could see a large glow slightly east and about 10 miles out.

For weeks we had FBI, etc knocking on doors asking questions. People in beach attire talking to stiffs in suits on the beach.
The debris started washing ashore within days. We were told to collect it and bring it to the local firehouse. We had al kinds of honeycomb material, upolstery, etc.
We used to joke that we were swimming in dead people. Good times.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I've never believed the "official" story of frayed wiring in a fuel tank. It seemed like people didn't even try very hard to even come up with that one.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I think the government would be completely upfront with us had it been a terrorist who shot it down and that claim really would've gotten out there. But if the Navy accidentally shot the thing down...that might be something they'd want to blame it on something else and save themselves the trouble of all the outrage from the public. I could see that. My only concern again, is with the amount of people that would need to be in on the cover-up. Could be alot of retired Navy corpse-men that would have needed to stay silent for 17+ years. Then the government officials who knew what really happened. It wouldn't be nearly as much as the number of people in on the 9/11 conspiracy (which would probably be in thousands), but it's definitely suspicious when you consider there's some pretty solid evidence that suggests something external from the aircraft blew that thing up.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
My only concern again, is with the amount of people that would need to be in on the cover-up. Could be alot of retired Navy corpse-men that would have needed to stay silent for 17+ years. Then the government officials who knew what really happened.
I just got a letter from an old old uncle who is a retired Army officer. He likes to write his life history, over and over. He told about one of his officer friends worked behind a locked door every day at some post back in the 1960s. He met the guy recently and said he still will not say what he was doing behind that door.

I never believed the official version of this one. Seems the fix for the thousands of identical 747s was too quick and easy and nobody ever seemed worried about the next one blowing up suddenly.

I also have trouble with that plane that crashed around NYC shortly after 9-11. They said the pilot pumped the rudder pedals too fast, so naturally the plane broke in half and fell into a neighborhood. Hasn't happened before or since to identical planes.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I'm not sure I buy the theory that the Navy blew it up, either on accident or on purpose. As someone else stated, that would be a LOT of mouths to keep shut. On top of that, a lot of things would have to go horribly wrong for an Aegis can to accidentally let a SAM fly, plus I believe all of the SAMs on the Aegis cans are radar guided, so you would have to have a targeting radar (not the same as search radar) locked to the aircraft to boot.

However, this WAS in the midst of Clinton's time in office. I could almost believe his administration wouldn't want to own up to a terrorist attack just 3 years after the first World Trade Center bombing and only a year and a few months after the Oklahoma City bombing - especially if they believe or knew it was done by foreign terrorists. If that was the case, though, someone should have taken credit for it. Since nobody did, I'm not sure I'd believe it was terrorists with a Redeye, either.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I never bought the terrorist angle since as Plank stated, nobody
jumped at the chance to take credit for it.

As for a possible friendly fire situation, I wouldn't rule that out.
The claims of the ascending streak of light and reside found on
wreckage seem to indicate that a missile is a possibility.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I'm not a conspiracy guy first off, but if it was accidently shot down there is no way in hell that wouldnt have been found out within hours. You can't keep something like that involving that many people a secret this long.

Oh and.....THERMITE PAINT!!!

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I'm not a conspiracy guy first off, but if it was accidently shot down there is no way in hell that wouldnt have been found out within hours. You can't keep something like that involving that many people a secret this long.

Oh and.....THERMITE PAINT!!!
Exactly. The NSA spying for example, the government couldn't keep that secret for more than 61 years. Too many people were involved to keep it secret for 62 years.

The only people the government would cover up for is themselves or the Saudis.

JackieImpression

Mar 25, 2013
Exactly. The NSA spying for example, the government couldn't keep that secret for more than 61 years. Too many people were involved to keep it secret for 62 years.

The only people the government would cover up for is themselves or the Saudis.
Yet there are hundreds of thousands of secret documents from WWI and WWII. Including thousands of sealed files on the Manhattan Project, the Japanese experiments at Unit 731/100, and the Nazi biological warfare units. The Manhattan Project was so secretive that Truman, Vice President at the time, was not authorized to even know of its existence and didn't get informed until he was made President late into the war. That was kept a secret from the Vice President. And the Soviet spies managed to infiltrate the Manhattan Project and only leak the details to a select few members of the Soviet elite. It's not inconceivable that something like a plane being downed by an external device is kept secret.

The evidence of TWA 800 being shot down is stronger than the plane's fuel spontaneously igniting. Unfortunately the theatrical conspiracy theorists have given a bad reputation to anyone who question the 'historical' accounts of certain events. You question something and you immediately get lumped in with the "conspiracy nuts" and they try to invalidate your argument by associating you with the "tinfoil hat" crowd. The people behind this documentary, the people who were interviewed, however seem to come from more credible and legitimate background.

I doubt anything will come of this documentary though.