TWC Founder May Sue Gore Over Global Warming

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Good for him. I've grown tired of hearing about Al Gore championing the cause to stop global warming. Pinning teams of scientists up against each other in court will lay it all out on the line and may hinder Al Gore's manbearpig...err, global warming fight.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337710,00.html

Weather Channel Founder: Sue Al Gore For Fraud
Friday, March 14, 2008
The founder of the Weather Channel wants to sue Al Gore for fraud, hoping a legal debate will settle the global-warming debate once and for all.
John Coleman, who founded the cable network in 1982, suggests suing for fraud proponents of global warming, including Al Gore, and companies that sell carbon credits.
"Is he committing financial fraud? That is the question," Coleman said.
"Since we can't get a debate, I thought perhaps if we had a legal challenge and went into a court of law, where it was our scientists and their scientists, and all the legal proceedings with the discovery and all their documents from both sides and scientific testimony from both sides, we could finally get a good solid debate on the issue," Coleman said. "I'm confident that the advocates of 'no significant effect from carbon dioxide' would win the case."

Coleman says his side of the global-warming debate is being buried in mainstream media circles.
"As you look at the atmosphere over the last 25 years, there's been perhaps a degree of warming, perhaps probably a whole lot less than that, and the last year has been so cold that that's been erased," he said.
"I think if we continue the cooling trend a couple of more years, the general public will at last begin to realize that they've been scammed on this global-warming thing."

Coleman spoke to FOXNews.com after his appearance last week at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change in New York, where he called global warming a scam and lambasted the cable network he helped create.
"You want to tune to the Weather Channel and have them tell you how to live your life?" Coleman said. "Come on."
He laments the network's decision to focus on traffic and lifestyle reports over the weather.
"It's very clear that they don't realize that weather is the most significant impact in every human being's daily life, and good, solid, up-to-the-minute weather information and meaningful forecasts presented in such a way that people find them understandable and enjoyable can have a significant impact," he said.
"The more you cloud that up with other baloney, the weaker the product," he said.
Coleman has long been a skeptic of global warming, and carbon dioxide is the linchpin to his argument.
"Does carbon dioxide cause a warming of the atmosphere? The proponents of global warming pin their whole piece on that," he said.
The compound carbon dioxide makes up only 38 out of every 100,000 particles in the atmosphere, he said.
"That's about twice as what there were in the atmosphere in the time we started burning fossil fuels, so it's gone up, but it's still a tiny compound," Coleman said. "So how can that tiny trace compound have such a significant effect on temperature?
"My position is it can't," he continued. "It doesn't, and the whole case for global warming is based on a fallacy."

Six-Pack

Feb 25, 2004
So how can that tiny trace compound have such a significant effect on temperature?
I wish he'd create his own personal experiment where he'd put trace amounts of alcohol in his system and then see if it has a significant effect on his driving.

WaddleDoodle

Creepy? We're the CIA. It's what we do.
Mar 15, 2005
Arlington, VA
I wish he'd create his own personal experiment where he'd put trace amounts of alcohol in his system and then see if it has a significant effect on his driving.

???????

Logical fallacy.

Anyway, I'm becoming more and more convinced on the 12 year sunspot cycle being the root cause of the current issue, whether it be warming or cooling.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
???????

Logical fallacy.

Anyway, I'm becoming more and more convinced on the 12 year sunspot cycle being the root cause of the current issue, whether it be warming or cooling.
Yes, but that makes for a shitty ongoing news story because it's not man-made and 'end of the world' type shit.

I'm all for alternative fuels, reducing coal consumption to ease the pollution levels, etc., but to think we have as much control over the climate as Gore says is just silly. How can you trust a guy that basically says "We're damaging the environment, I've done studies and it's true. Now buy this stuff from me and we can fix it.":icon_roll

As for the alcohol scenerio, that's fine, but you'd have to use O'Douls as the alcohol. In which case a sixer or twelver would leave you perfectly fine. Making it right in line with what Coleman is saying.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Global warming is a conspiracy to guilt us into buying new cars and funny looking light bulbs
I bought one of those spiraly, long-lasting light bulbs once. And it's god-awful. It makes everything yellow. My skin looks jaundice when I stand underneath it.

But, hey, I'm saving the environment. :action-sm

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I bought one of those spiraly, long-lasting light bulbs once. And it's god-awful. It makes everything yellow. My skin looks jaundice when I stand underneath it.

But, hey, I'm saving the environment. :action-sm
I've actually got them throughout my entire house and I love them. I didn't buy them to be an environmentalist or anything, I just hate changing light bulbs that burn out every 20 minutes.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I've actually got them throughout my entire house and I love them. I didn't buy them to be an environmentalist or anything, I just hate changing light bulbs that burn out every 20 minutes.
Yeah, I dunno. I just never really liked them. I've got those white reveal bulbs all over the place. I just don't like the yellowy tint color alot of them give off.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
I don't like the light they give off, I would've changed every bulb in my house to CFL (to save $$), but the blinking causes me to have seizures.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Global warming is a conspiracy to guilt us into buying new cars and funny looking light bulbs
Thanks for the walk, I have MS for 15 years now, but you would never know, pretty much not affected at all.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Because the way to prove a scientific theory is in court.

I don't buy into Al Gore's line of crap, but suing him isn't going to settle anything.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Because the way to prove a scientific theory is in court.

I don't buy into Al Gore's line of crap, but suing him isn't going to settle anything.
The problem though is that Gore won't sit down for a debate on the issue. He keeps going "I'm right, you're wrong, buy my shit or you suck."

Coleman wants him in court, because then he'd be FORCED to debate.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
The problem though is that Gore won't sit down for a debate on the issue. He keeps going "I'm right, you're wrong, buy my shit or you suck."

Coleman wants him in court, because then he'd be FORCED to debate.
Right on. In the grand scheme of things, this is just a game. Gore has centered his focus on global warming to get back in the public eye and taken up a cause that would concern anyone. I mean, how can any one of us not be concerned about sudden weather shifts, the need for mass migration, death, destruction...blah, blah, blah? Problem is, alot of people who have listened to him and watched his movie are willing to believe what he presents without doing research on their own and hearing the other side of the argument. And of course the media eats this shit up. Possible death and destruction and total annihilation of mankind IS a news story. Normal weather cycles that discredit the scare tactics and the proof that the Earth is not in danger is NOT a news story. Gore had to have known this. Global warming will get the most coverage in the media and it will afford him the opportunity of getting his face and name splashed all over it.

So, now John Coleman thinks someone (he apparently has come out and decided not to sue him) should sue him and force him and his scientists to prove that man-made global warming exists and is a concern for the future of humanity. Gore won't debate on it openly, cuz I'm sure he knows his research is not accurate. Coleman, who has been a meteorologist for over 50 years, knows these claims are exaggerated and he knows this really is no concern. So, put the fucker on the spot and embarrass him since the media chooses to ignore Coleman. I got no problem with that.

Apr 14, 2003
Eastern MD
Breaking news (AP): In response to the lawsuit, Al Gore summons two tornadoes to hit Atlanta, base of The Weather Channel. Details still developing...

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I like CFL's because they save money in energy. I have certain lights at my palatial estate that must burn all night long to keep the zombies and ahem undesireables away. Based on how well they worked out for me, I have been replacing the burned out incandescents with them. Only downside as I have seen it is their lack of being able to be dimmed in certain fixtures I have. 2 year warranty on them doesn't hurt either.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Does this mean people are finally coming to their senses and realizing global warming is bullshit? The cycle already peaked in 1998 for Christ's sake.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Does this mean people are finally coming to their senses and realizing global warming is bullshit? The cycle already peaked in 1998 for Christ's sake.
Nope. The great unwashed masses will believe whatever they are told, and big corporations are in no hurry to give up the flood of money coming in.

I just never really liked them. I've got those white reveal bulbs all over the place. I just don't like the yellowy tint color alot of them give off.
I don't know what bulbs you tried, but I have about two dozen GE "General Purpose" bulbs in and on my house, and they're absolutely indistinguishable from incans... Aside from the fact that it takes them 30secs or so to spool up to full brightness. There is another color "temperature" that puts an unreal bluish tint on everything, so avoid those, but the newer GE bulbs at least look just like the Reveals that are now relegated to the closet for emergencies.

For outside use you don't want to use these bulbs in really cold weather, below 5degF or so, because they never come up to full brightness. I switched back to incans for the outside lights for about a week this winter, but kept the CFL's in for the rest and they work great (there are CFL's that are made for more extreme temps, but they are far from inexpensive).

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Update: John Coleman has released a lengthy report on the fraudulent Al Gore and his fear mongering over global warming. The main point of it...a very good reason why our gas prices are so high are due to Gore and environmentalists everywhere. It's a bit long, but it's a very good read indeed.

http://www.kusi.com/weather/colemanscorner/19842304.html

Here are some highlights:

You may want to give credit where credit is due to Al Gore and his global warming campaign the next time you fill your car with gasoline, because there is a direct connection between Global Warming and four dollar a gallon gas. It is shocking, but true, to learn that the entire Global Warming frenzy is based on the environmentalist’s attack on fossil fuels, particularly gasoline. All this big time science, international meetings, thick research papers, dire threats for the future; all of it, comes down to their claim that the carbon dioxide in the exhaust from your car and in the smoke stacks from our power plants is destroying the climate of planet Earth. What an amazing fraud; what a scam.
There is no significant man made global warming. There has not been any in the past, there is none now and there is no reason to fear any in the future. The climate of Earth is changing. It has always changed. But mankind’s activities have not overwhelmed or significantly modified the natural forces.
Through all history, Earth has shifted between two basic climate regimes: ice ages and what paleoclimatologists call “Interglacial periods”. For the past 10 thousand years the Earth has been in an interglacial period. That might well be called nature’s global warming because what happens during an interglacial period is the Earth warms up, the glaciers melt and life flourishes. Clearly from our point of view, an interglacial period is greatly preferred to the deadly rigors of an ice age. Mr. Gore and his crowd would have us believe that the activities of man have overwhelmed nature during this interglacial period and are producing an unprecedented, out of control warming.
Well, it is simply not happening. Worldwide there was a significant natural warming trend in the 1980’s and 1990’s as a Solar cycle peaked with lots of sunspots and solar flares. That ended in 1998 and now the Sun has gone quiet with fewer and fewer Sun spots, and the global temperatures have gone into decline. Earth has cooled for almost ten straight years. So, I ask Al Gore, where’s the global warming?
The cooling trend is so strong that recently the head of the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change had to acknowledge it.
Hello Al Gore; Hello UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Your science is flawed; your hypothesis is wrong; your data is manipulated. And, may I add, your scare tactics are deplorable. The Earth does not have a fever. Carbon dioxide does not cause significant global warming.
The focus on atmospheric carbon dioxide grew out a study by Roger Revelle who was an esteemed scientist at the Scripps Oceanographic Institute. He took his research with him when he moved to Harvard and allowed his students to help him process the data for his paper. One of those students was Al Gore. That is where Gore got caught up in this global warming frenzy. Revelle’s paper linked the increases in carbon dioxide, CO2, in the atmosphere with warming. It labeled CO2 as a greenhouse gas.
Charles Keeling, another researcher at the Scripps Oceanographic Institute, set up a system to make continuous CO2 measurements. His graph of these increases has now become known as the Keeling Curve. When Charles Keeling died in 2005, his son David, also at Scripps, took over the measurements. Here is what the Keeling curve shows: an increase in CO2 from 315 parts per million in 1958 to 385 parts per million today, an increase of 70 parts per million or about 20 percent.
All the computer models, all of the other findings, all of the other angles of study, all come back to and are based on CO2 as a significant greenhouse gas. It is not.
Here is the deal about CO2, carbon dioxide. It is a natural component of our atmosphere. It has been there since time began. It is absorbed and emitted by the oceans. It is used by every living plant to trigger photosynthesis. Nothing would be green without it. And we humans; we create it. Every time we breathe out, we emit carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. It is not a pollutant. It is not smog. It is a naturally occurring invisible gas.
To start with global warming has the backing of the United Nations, a major world force. Second, it has the backing of a former Vice President and very popular political figure. Third it has the endorsement of Hollywood, and that’s enough for millions. And, fourth, the environmentalists love global warming. It is their tool to combat fossil fuels. So with the environmentalists, the UN, Gore and Hollywood touting Global Warming and predictions of doom and gloom, the media has scrambled with excitement to climb aboard. After all the media loves a crisis. From YK2 to killer bees the media just loves to tell us our lives are threatened. And the media is biased toward liberal, so it’s pre-programmed to support Al Gore and UN. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The LA Times, The Washington Post, the Associated Press and here in San Diego The Union Tribune are all constantly promoting the global warming crisis.
So who is going to go against all of that power? Not the politicians. So now the President of the United States, just about every Governor, most Senators and most Congress people, both of the major current candidates for President, most other elected officials on all levels of government are all riding the Al Gore Global Warming express. That is one crowded bus.

I suspect you haven’t heard it because the mass media did not report it, but I am not alone on the no man-made warming side of this issue. On May 20th, a list of the names of over thirty-one thousand scientists who refute global warming was released. Thirty-one thousand of which 9,000 are Ph.ds. Think about that. Thirty-one thousand. That dwarfs the supposed 2,500 scientists on the UN panel. In the past year, five hundred of scientists have issued public statements challenging global warming. A few more join the chorus every week. There are about 100 defectors from the UN IPCC. There was an International Conference of Climate Change Skeptics in New York in March of this year. One hundred of us gave presentations. Attendance was limited to six hundred people. Every seat was taken. There are a half dozen excellent internet sites that debunk global warming. And, thank goodness for KUSI and Michael McKinnon, its owner. He allows me to post my comments on global warming on the website KUSI.com. Following the publicity of my position form Fox News, Glen Beck on CNN, Rush Limbaugh and a host of other interviews, thousands of people come to the website and read my comments. I get hundreds of supportive emails from them. No I am not alone and the debate is not over.
If Al Gore and his global warming scare dictates the future policy of our governments, the current economic downturn could indeed become a recession, drift into a depression and our modern civilization could drift into an abyss.

My mission, in what is left of a long and exciting lifetime, is to stamp out this Global Warming silliness and let all of us get on with enjoying our lives and loving our planet, Earth.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I wish this whole global warming bullshit would finally come to a head.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Thanks for the highlights.

Now, can you highlight the highlights?