"Twins" Sequel, "Triplets" to feature Schwarzenegger, DeVito and Eddie Murphy

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
There is no god.

‘Twins’ sequel, ‘Triplets,’ will have Eddie Murphy joining Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger

What could possibly top the 1988 comedy “Twins,” with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito as the titular mismatched brothers?

How about adding 50% more star power for a sequel.

Eddie Murphy is attached to star in the appropriately-titled “Triplets,” which is in development from Universal Pictures and producer Ivan Reitman, who directed the original “Twins,” according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Though all three stars are signed up for the project — which involves brothers who were conceived experimentally and separated at birth — there is no script or director attached yet.

The original grossed $112 million at the box office.

Universal is also mining another 1988 comedy hit, “Midnight Run”, for a sequel 25 years later. Brett Ratner will direct the film, which has Robert De Niro reprise his beleaguered bounty hunter.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Continuing Eddie Murphy's streak of taking on awful projects. I honestly hope this disaster falls apart somehow.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
DeVito and Schwarzenegger had some legitimate funny moments in the first one. This, however, has disaster written all over it.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
I remember Schwarzenegger's girlfriend being pretty hot in the first one.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
The last sentence is the only one I care about, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Agree with Patrice, best comedy ever (if you actually consider it a comedy).

If he can keep goofiness out of it I'd at least be interested, but I'm not sure he can at this point.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I don't know, I heard this and thought if it's done right, it could be really funny. I honestly loved Twins. And I honestly think if Murphy doesn't ham it up too much, it could work out nice.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I don't know, I heard this and thought if it's done right, it could be really funny. I honestly loved Twins. And I honestly think if Murphy doesn't ham it up too much, it could work out nice.
I really have no hope that they'll do that.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I guess since Ghostbusters 3 didnt go thru Ivan Reitman has this HORSE SHIT to turn to.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
Did they run out of films to make sequels to? The first film wasn't bad but it wasn't the sequel worthy type of film.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I thought the original was pretty gay and never would have thought of it again, but I'm going to go download the original now, since you fine people remember it somewhat fondly. That'll get its seeds up, which will somewhat translate to slightly increased sales of the original.

That's how I justify stealing. Thank you, shitty sequels.

Aug 11, 2005
It wasn't a great movie in the first place.....oooo I learned that lifting a car shut's off the alarm when you tow it .

mercury switches, I'm done with it

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Heather Graham was their mom and she was ***** by like 150 scientists.

One of my favorite parts of Twins was at the beginning when Arnold was still on Genius Island and they're in the greenhouse and one of the scientists is smoking a cigarette. I mean it's a greenhouse and you're doing all these genetic experiments on plants. Step outside if you're that in need of a smoke. I also think later in the movie the two chicks are walking through a grocery store having a cigarette and I thought "wow, that must be cool lighting one up while shopping for cereal."

Is Eddie Murphy the Isaiah Bradley of the Twinsiverse?

I still believe this movie is a hoax.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
While I thought the first one was pretty enjoyable, I didn't think it needed a sequel, espescially not over twenty years later. But Eddie Murphy as their other brother? I guess if we're supposed to believe that DeVito and Arnold are twins, I guess there could be some way that they could have a black brother.
Okay, I honestly can't buy that at all!
And you just know they're going to have at least one joke about the double meaning of "brother" since he's black.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Heather Graham was their mom and she was ***** by like 150 scientists.

One of my favorite parts of Twins was at the beginning when Arnold was still on Genius Island and they're in the greenhouse and one of the scientists is smoking a cigarette. I mean it's a greenhouse and you're doing all these genetic experiments on plants. Step outside if you're that in need of a smoke. I also think later in the movie the two chicks are walking through a grocery store having a cigarette and I thought "wow, that must be cool lighting one up while shopping for cereal."

Is Eddie Murphy the Isaiah Bradley of the Twinsiverse?

I still believe this movie is a hoax.
I actually heard rumblings about this months ago on the web. Didnt think nothing of it. But it's been out there, not this Triplet shit that makes no sense. OK YOU HAVE A 2nd Brother who was born 20 years after...............

Sunsetspawn

Dec 5, 2005
While I thought the first one was pretty enjoyable, I didn't think it needed a sequel, espescially not over twenty years later. But Eddie Murphy as their other brother? I guess if we're supposed to believe that DeVito and Arnold are twins, I guess there could be some way that they could have a black brother.
Okay, I honestly can't buy that at all!
And you just know they're going to have at least one joke about the double meaning of "brother" since he's black.
"I'm the triplet ya'll didn't know about; the brother brother (dumb Eddie Murphy smile)"

Fuck yo couch, nigga!

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
I suppose pointing out all the plot holes in movies like this is like shooting, well, insert funnier expression here.
I actually almost hope this movie gets released, just so I can see Nostalgia Critic's review of it.
I wish Eddie would stop with the stupid movie choices and go back to the Eddie Murphy stuff that we loved from the '80s!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I suppose pointing out all the plot holes in movies like this is like shooting, well, insert funnier expression here.
I actually almost hope this movie gets released, just so I can see Nostalgia Critic's review of it.
I wish Eddie would stop with the stupid movie choices and go back to the Eddie Murphy stuff that we loved from the '80s!
I'm half tempted to see A Thousand Words when it comes to DVD.