Typhoon aka Stupid Cyclone death toll rising

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I made my massive 10.00 donation to the red cross, so now I can vent.

500,000 dead in Bangladesh in 1970.

140,000 dead in Bangladesh in 1991.

Bangladesh doesn't exactly have an extensive coastline. It's sort of square-shaped with the southern edge on the coast.

Anyone see where this is going? You'd think after two thirds of a million drownings in the last 37 years, someone might have, you know, been watching out. Maybe even in the real shithole villages, just have a few guys tuned in to the radio listening for bad news, or something.

The one that killed half a million wasn't even a category 5. But this new one was already a category 5 two days before it made landfall. All I wanna know is why the hell did any of these dummies stick it out? Supposedly many of them weren't given warning. How the hell is that possible? Chances are some schmuck in the village had an aunt (or an ant) who died in 1991 or 1970, and would be sort of a go-getter about preventing the next one.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
2/3 of Bangladesh floods every year. There isn't a ton of places you can flee to. Most of the country is delta. A storm hitting bangladesh isn't like a storm hitting a rocky area, it goes a lot further in land.

There are some areas of Bangladesh where they have to move their house multiple times a year. And by move I mean move the physical house. The landscape changes that fast.

Jan 6, 2006
I guess the Dell Technical Support Centers aren't that sturdy.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Does anyone really give a shit about a bunch of savages in a turd world country?

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
This may be kind of evil, but isn't it these third world countries that are causing the overpopulation crisis on this planet? Why are we trying to help more of them survive?