U.S. ambassador to Libya, 3 others killed in rocket attack, witness says

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html
CNN) -- The United States ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens, was killed in a rocket attack on the American Consulate in the city of Benghazi on Tuesday, a contractor working at the mission said Wednesday after seeing Stevens' body. Three American security staff were also killed, said the contractor, who asked not to be named for security reasons.
He said he saw all four bodies on the street Wednesday morning. The bodies are now in the Central Hospital in Benghazi, he said.
Libyan Deputy Prime Minister Mustafa Abushagur appeared to confirm that the envoy had been killed, saying that Stevens was "a friend of Libya, and we are shocked at the the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi."
U.S. Ambassador killed in Libya

Fringe group behind Libya attacks?
"I condemn these barbaric acts in the strongest possible terms. This is an attack on America, Libya and free people everywhere," Abushagur said on Twitter.
The contractor in Benghazi said he could hear rocket-propelled grenade attacks last night.
Libyans were also killed, the contractor said, saying the victims were shot on the spot.
The deaths came as protesters attacked U.S. diplomatic compounds in Libya and Egypt on Tuesday, angry about an online film considered offensive to Islam.
The United States has not confirmed the deaths.
Stevens was the American envoy to the Libyan rebel movement that overthrew dictator Moammar Gadhafi last year, based in the rebel capital of Benghazi.
A speaker of Arabic and French, he was among the first American diplomats sent to Libya in 2007 when the United States resumed ties with the Gadhafi regime.
The last time an American ambassador was killed by terrorists was in 1979, when the envoy to Afghanistan, Adolph Dubs, was kidnapped and killed during an attempt to rescue him, according to State Department records.

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
senseless killing.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I feel sorry for Sean Smith's family and friends.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Pictures of the dead ambassador were posted on a jihadi message board. I'm looking at them right now but I can't hyperlink. They are pretty awful.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
30 seconds in to his address and Obama is condemning attempts to "denigrate" people. How does he know this film denigrates Muslims? Did he watch it, or is he just taking the word of the people who MURDERED OUR FUCKING AMBASSADOR?

What a complete fool.

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
30 seconds in to his address and Obama is condemning attempts to "denigrate" people. How does he know this film denigrates Muslims? Did he watch it, or is he just taking the word of the people who MURDERED OUR FUCKING AMBASSADOR?

What a complete fool.
Who cares if the film denigrates Muslims? The speech should be: "Yes, we know the film is not positive to your religion, now grow the fuck up & join the rest of the civilized world".

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
The crowd was looking for this guy. They were muttering something about plutonium.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Who cares if the film denigrates Muslims? The speech should be: "Yes, we know the film is not positive to your religion, now grow the fuck up & join the rest of the civilized world".
I don't even think that POTUS should have to comment on some movie made in his country. His response should have been: "We don't care what excuse you used to attack us, we will not stand for it."

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I don't even think that POTUS should have to comment on some movie made in his country. His response should have been: "We don't care what excuse you used to attack us, we will not stand for it."
Or he could have used it as a platform to address the virtues of freedom of speech to the world.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Barack Obama said:
Yesterday was already a painful day for our nation ... Then last night we learned the news of this attack. As Americans let us never forget that our freedom is sustained because people are willing to fight for it .... and sometimes lay down their lives for it.
"...Not me though. I condemn those people in the strongest term."

Gutsy call.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Yeah! Boo on Obama for trying to calm both sides down!

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Yeah! Boo on Obama for trying to calm both sides down!
Platitudes do not work on people who are willing to murder a foreign diplomat over something he had nothing to do with.

"Now now, lions. Can't you just live peacefully with the gazelles? We condemn their attempts to poke you with their horns when you try to eat them."

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Platitudes do not work on people who are willing to murder a foreign diplomat over something he had nothing to do with.

"Now now, lions. Can't you just live peacefully with the gazelles? We condemn their attempts to poke you with their horns when you try to eat them."
Let's start over, what your problem with what he said again?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Let's start over, what your problem with what he said again?

Barack Obama said:
"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants."
THAT part. How the fuck is that relevant to the matter at hand? Does the film denigrate Muslims? Says who, the people who murdered our ambassador?

Let's say the president of Chick-Fil-A got killed for his stance against Gay Marriage. Do you think it would be befitting for Obama to say: "While we reject efforts to deny gay people their equal rights, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that..." You catch my drift? He is granting LEGITIMACY to their argument by claiming that they are right in their claim that it denigrates Muslims, but that they shouldn't have acted upon it as they did. That is beyond outrageous.

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
THAT part. How the fuck is that relevant to the matter at hand?
you mean other than thats why they did it?
Does the film denigrate Muslims? Says who, the people who murdered our ambassador?
says the people that made the film. It kinda hard to argue that calling a religion a "cancer" is not putting it down.

look, I'm not saying that what the muzzies did is right, far from it... but get back reality.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
you mean other than thats why they did it?
So you agree that he justifies their opinion, but not their action. Thank you.

Denigrating someone is a constitutional right of people in this country. For the president to apologize to murderers for his citizens exercising their rights is an embarrassment.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Holy shit, Neon. You've gone full retard. Did you miss the second half of the sentence you quoted or something?

He's saying that we as a nation don't support people who try to attack other religions. He's trying to say that we're than all of the parties involved. He's not justifying their actions at all.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Holy shit, Neon. You've gone full retard. Did you miss the second half of the sentence you quoted or something?

He's saying that we as a nation don't support people who try to attack other religions. He's trying to say that we're than all of the parties involved. He's not justifying their actions at all.
I said he justifies their opinions but not their actions.

And we as a nation support our citizens' rights to say whatever the fuck they want. Amendment NUMBER 1. That trumps any personal feelings Obama has about being icky to the scary Muslims.

What Obama should have said is: "Regardless of pretext, we will not stand for people killing our diplomats."