• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

U.S. Cruise Missiles Set To Launch At Syria

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Oct 26, 2011
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_1...-cruise-missile-attack-on-syrian-govt-forces/

CBS News has learned that the Pentagon is making the initial preparations for a cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces. President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, sent out a Tweet on Friday, calling what happened "an apparent CW (chemical weapons) attack." And the commander of U.S. forces in the Mediterranean has ordered Navy warships to move closer to Syria to be ready for a possible cruise missile strike.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
We never fucking learn, do we?
President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, sent out a Tweet on Friday
That's the worst part of the story; our foreign policy decisions are being announced on fucking Twitter.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho

That's the worst part of the story; our foreign policy decisions are being announced on fucking Twitter.
Imagine the history books in 200 years. Then she sent a "tweet", an informal electronic message, which announced the war had begun. It was "retweeted" widely and she picked up 350 "followers".

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
So we are going to launch billions of dollars in technology to make big piles of shit into smaller piles of shit. Sound choice....

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA

Could you imagine Edward R Murrow - "The newsflash is coming in - it reads, and I quote "Japz bombd Purl Harbor, LOL, AZ sank, lots ded"

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Imagine the history books in 200 years. Then she sent a "tweet", an informal electronic message, which announced the war had begun. It was "retweeted" widely and she picked up 350 "followers".
Her next tweet was about using a fish as a vibrator.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

Why has no one pshopped Tom onto a cruise missle?{/spoiler]

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Fuck that grandstanding cripple Roosevelt and his long winded declarations. This is how we kick shit off in the 21st Century, my schniggiez!

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Oct 26, 2011
I think that Syrian chemical supplies were stolen by rebels in much the same way that terrorist and secular military groups stole
that gigantic amount of plastique from Al Qa'qaa and then used it for the next 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, basically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Qa'qaa_high_explosives_controversy

I've still seen not one scrap of any evidence that the Syrian government is using chemical and biological weapons but there are two videos
of Syrian rebels testing the gas upon rabbits.

That and all of their beheadings and heart eating barbarism seems to be a good indicator that they would not give two fucks about using chemical weapons.

Launching a cruise missile at the Assad government for chemical weapons would be like
bombing Talabani and Maliki for IEDS in Iraq. Makes no sense until we get proof showing it is the government and not the rebels.

May 30, 2013
I've still seen not one scrap of any evidence that the Syrian government is using chemical and biological weapons but there are two videos
of Syrian rebels testing the gas upon rabbits.

That and all of their beheadings and heart eating barbarism seems to be a good indicator that they would not give two fucks about using chemical weapons.

Launching a cruise missile at the Assad government for chemical weapons would be like
bombing Talabani and Maliki for IEDS in Iraq. Makes no sense until we get proof showing it is the government and not the rebels.
The evidence against Assad using chemical weapons at this time is all circumstantial according to the original article you linked (intel reports notice movement at known chem weapons facilities then numerous fatalities from chem weapons occur). This circumstantial evidence has led to calls for a U.N. inspection team to go in and gather evidence (Russia actually joined with the West in backing this action). An inspection is going to take some time due to logistical difficulties and further testing, hence NATO's preparing to attack and not attacking yet.

I saw those videos and it appears the rebels have access to some type of gas, but do you think they have the capability to deploy it successfully on a large area? I suppose if they stole an enormous amount it stands to reason they could have just as easily stolen what they need to make it disperse. Hopefully the U.N. team will be able to discern this information (though they could be corrupted as well).

I agree,they are all barbarians and we shouldn't aid either side. It's not our fight and they need to settle it themselves, but we do like meddling.

It sounds like, from the CBS report, cruise missiles would be launched at the weapons facilities. I guess the strategy is to better "even the playing field" and let them fight man to man. I doubt any action on our part will do anything-it's just a waste of time in this part of the world.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Oct 26, 2011
I think the Middle East just has a regional problem of embarrassingly lax to non-existent security on the places they store their weaponry.

The Al Qa-Quaa thing I mentioned saw terrorists steal 380 tons of HMX and RDX. 700,000+ pounds of it gone in under a year, the whole warehouse was cleared out.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if rebels had managed to do the same thing or had chemical weaponry brought to them from outside the country.

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
Well this article convinced me for sure that we're on the wrong side of this. It's about an American journalist that was captured by Islamic rebels and tortured for months on suspicion of being CIA. This little Gem summed up what it will be like with Assad removed.
“In your country you have a saying: You are innocent until proven guilty,” Abdullah said. “Here we have the opposite. You are guilty until proven innocent. We do not know who you are.”
See? By attacking the government we're supporting Freedom and Democracy.

Last edited:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Damn, looks like Obama is going to have his hands full with Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan for the next little while. Right?

May 30, 2013
Damn, looks like Obama is going to have his hands full with Code Pink and Cindy Sheehan for the next little while. Right?
I think Medea Benjamin is the only true anti-war protester these days and I kind of respect her for it.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
It's a good thing they gave Obama that Nobel Peace Prize early on in his presidency, it would just be silly to do it now.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Here's why I'm torn on this:

On the one hand, it's really hard for me to look a civilian slaughter on this scale and say "yeah, we should stay out of it." Just like I think the U.S. should have bombed the train tracks to Auschwitz I think that ignoring acts like this is really problematic.

On the other hand, I'm not exactly sure what can be done. Cruise missile strikes? On what? Are we just going to kill Assad and sail away? That won't do shit. In fact, it'll decentralize the conflict and all these various sectarian militias will turn on each other, which could actually make things worse.

Problem is that half-assed help can do more harm than no help at all. You can't be knee jerk reactionary and say "oh, because of this specific incident now we have to do SOMETHING." You really need a proper course of action and I just don't think one exists.

It's a real fucking mess...

Top Bottom