OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

U.S. may act unilaterally vs Iran-armed Iraq militias

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Problem, Code Pink?

[​IMG]

2. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

We should have armed the internal dissidents in Iran after their last round of national elections. The government would have fallen, and Iran would be at least a little more pro-West as a result.

3. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I wouldn't go so far as saying we should have armed them, but I think it was a major failure on Obama's part. Who knows? Maybe would have killed that whole "Arab Spring" thing they were working on...;)

4. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

That is one thing I will give Obama a small amount of credit for. I seriously thought he was going to follow his campaign promises and pull troops out prematurely. I will disagree on the time it took him to add more troops and the amount in Afghanistan, but he did do it. (like he also promised)

He also went ahead with the kill OBL mission in Pakistan even though it could have hurt our relationship with them.

The Libya thing was a mistake on our part. By the time we got involved, the tide had swung back to the govt forces. We should have either jumped in sooner, or not at all.

I don't think he is doing a great job with this stuff, but he is doing WAY better than I thought.

5. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

That stuff is always a double edged sword. Look at Iraq, we helped them against Iran and it came back to bite us, same with OBL in Afghanistan vs the Russians. Were the consequences worth the benefit? That can be debated endlessly. Yes, our help of the mujaheddin assisted them in tying up Russian resources and it contributed to the fall of the Soviet union, but then we got 9/11 and our own war out of it. Who knows what would have happened if we allowed the Russians to steam roll Afghanistan. Would it have resulted in the loss of more or less American lives? Something no one will ever know.