U.S. sponsors Islamic convention

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
U.S. sponsors Islamic convention

By Audrey Hudson
August 27, 2007
The Justice Department is co-sponsoring a convention held by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) — an unindicted co-conspirator in an ongoing federal terrorist funding case — a move that is raising concerns among the Justice's rank and file.

Justice lawyers have objected to the affiliation with ISNA, fearing it will undermine the case against the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development in Dallas.

"There is outrage among lawyers that the Department of Justice is funding a group named as a co-conspirator in a terrorist financing case," said a Justice lawyer who spoke to The Washington Times on the condition of anonymity.

According to an e-mail from Susana Lorenzo-Giguere, acting deputy chief of the Voting Rights Division, the sponsorship will involve sending government lawyers to man a booth for the Labor Day weekend event in Illinois.

"This is an important outreach opportunity, and a chance to reach a community that is at once very much discriminated against, and very wary of the national government and its willingness to protect them," Mrs. Lorenzo-Giguere said in an e-mail obtained by The Washington Times.

"It would be a great step forward to break through those barriers. And Chicago is lovely this time of year," Mrs. Lorenzo-Giguere said.

ISNA is one of more than 300 unindicted co-conspirators in a case against the Holy Land Foundation, whose top officers are accused of raising money for Hamas.

Justice spokesman Erik Ablin said the agency participates in the annual convention to educate Muslims about their civil rights.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Civil rights?? Why the f**k do Muslims need to know about their civil rights? They're a subhuman species and subhumans do not have any rights.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
one can only hope for some toof less hill billy and 6000lbs of AMFO to "clear the air"

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
"Why, that isn't a microphone, it's black parsley. Very good."

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
They're probably planning a little Sarin nerve gas in the ventilation system.

Makes sense to me. Round them up and gas them. I seem to recall it being sort of effective the last time it was tried.