• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

UFC cuts Jon Fitch, and 15 others

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
UFC cuts Jon Fitch, and 15 others

Dana White confirmed today with Ariel Helwani at http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/2...mong-16-fighters-released-from-ufc-on-tuesday the release of 16 fighters, including Jacob Volkmann, who released the information himself yesterday.
There were a number of notable names on the list, none bigger than Jon Fitch, coming off his loss to Demian Maia. Others were Wagner Prado, Mike Russow, Vladimir Matyushenko, Che Mills, Jay Hieron, Terry Etim, Paul Sass, Jorge Santiago, Mike Stumpf, Simeon Thoresen, C.J. Keith, Motonobu Tezuka, Ulysses Gomez and Josh Grispi.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Fighters care about winning, which is great, but winning doesn't make people take out their wallets. If nobody wants to pay to see you fight, it doesn't matter how good you are.

People always give Dan Hardy shit about his recent record and not getting cut, but people like to see Dan Hardy fight. He is exciting. I love seeing Dan Hardy's name on a card. I will pay for a card with Dan Hardy on it. Same thing with Leonard Garcia.

I wouldn't watch a Jon Fitch fight if it was projected out of my eyes.

And it's not because Fitch is a wrestler. I was a wrestler, I like watching wrestlers. He is a boring wrestler. He wants to do the bare minimum win.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Those were some tough cuts.

Fitch is 1-2-1 in his last 4, plus his salary was high, so I could see why the UFC let him go. However, his UFC record is 14-3-1, with losses to GSP, Hendricks and Maia, if anyone deserved a least one more chance, it was Fitch.

Volkmann was another name that surprised me. He is 2-2 in his last 4, but 6-2 since he went to LW (with a 5 fight winning streak), but with his wrestling style and his political crap, he was always one loss away from getting cut.

Dana said they're going to cut about 100 more, so fighters like Lentz, Guida and other wrestlers who love to LnP are on notice....

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
You can add Mathew Riddle to the list.

He was released today after testing positive for Marijuana again.

Top Bottom