UFC On Fuel 8

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Major yawn until the last 2 fights. Struve got his jaw broken and a tooth embedded in his cheek, and Wandi/Stann was a complete and utter war. They threw a combined 200 strikes in a fight that was less than 2 rounds.

Asian fighters just don't finish fights. In honestly don't remember the last big knockout or sub by an Asian fighter. Scratch that, it was Zombie's twister and that was like 2 years ago.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010

I like Struve but he's really frustrating to watch sometimes. He needs to learn to use his jab.

Stann was willing to put on the fight that people wanted to see, rather than the one that he had a better chance of winning. Good for him.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I fell asleep watching that yawn fest. Diego has been terrible since he stopped being the "Nightmare" and started being the "Dream."

Started the day off right by watching the last two fights though.

Hunt is a beast. He even looked solid on the ground. Just gotta work on that cardio. No way he could do a title fight with that conditioning.

I felt bad for Stann, I was pulling for him. It was a great fight and a big win for Wandy. Hopefully he will retire with a big win.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Holy shit. He didn't just break Struve's jaw, he cracked it in half.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Major yawn until the last 2 fights. Struve got his jaw broken and a tooth embedded in his cheek, and Wandi/Stann was a complete and utter war. They threw a combined 200 strikes in a fight that was less than 2 rounds.

Asian fighters just don't finish fights. In honestly don't remember the last big knockout or sub by an Asian fighter. Scratch that, it was Zombie's twister and that was like 2 years ago.
1. Yeah, the CO and ME made card one to remember, the other fights were somewhat of a letdown. Especially the Gomi/Sanchez fight.

2. I think you have point, but if you want a big KO from an Asian fighter look no further than Hyun Gyu Lim.

He was on the first fight of the Facebook prelims and he finished Guimaraes with a vicious knee.

knocked out a tooth too, right above the break line you can see where the two are leaning into the gap.
That looks nasty, Struve showed his chin was durable, but after that fight, I don't think it'll be the same.

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
I fell asleep watching that yawn fest. Diego has been terrible since he stopped being the "Nightmare" and started being the "Dream." I disagree, he sucked long before that, did you see him fight Josh Koscheck? Worst fight ever

Started the day off right by watching the last two fights though. I did the same thing, passed out drinking durring sanchez/Gomi and shook off the hangover by watching the last 2 fights

Hunt is a beast. He even looked solid on the ground. Just gotta work on that cardio. No way he could do a title fight with that conditioning.

I felt bad for Stann, I was pulling for him. It was a great fight and a big win for Wandy. Hopefully he will retire with a big win.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I disagree, he sucked long before that, did you see him fight Josh Koscheck? Worst fight ever
I'm surprised you're bringing up the Koscheck fight. Not only was that fight a long time ago, but if I'm not mistaken, Sanchez had an injury (staph infection I think), Dana didn't want him to fight, but Diego didn't want to back out.

You're also forgetting all the amazing fights Diego was involved in, Sanchez vs Guida, Kampmann, Thiago, BJ and Ellenberger were all fun.

metallikat87

Dec 14, 2006
Oklahoma
I'm surprised you're bringing up the Koscheck fight. Not only was that fight a long time ago, but if I'm not mistaken, Sanchez had an injury (staph infection I think), Dana didn't want him to fight, but Diego didn't want to back out.

You're also forgetting all the amazing fights Diego was involved in, Sanchez vs Guida, Kampmann, Thiago, BJ and Ellenberger were all fun.
You listed several fighters who would put on a show if they were fighting a stump. I wouldnt give Diego much credit for those being entertaining. Yes some, but not much