UFC weekend: UFC on FX 4 (6/22/12) and UFC 147 (6/23/12)

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
UFC on FX 4​

MAIN CARD (FX @9pm est)

Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard
Spencer Fisher vs. Sam Stout
Brian Ebersole vs. T.J. Waldburger
Ross Pearson vs. Cub Swanson

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV @6pm est)

Hatsu Hioki vs. Ricardo Lamas
C.J. Keith vs. Ramsey Nijem
Brock Jardine vs. Rick Story
Joey Gambino vs. Steven Siler
Matt Brown vs. Luis Ramos
Chis Camozzi vs. Nick Catone

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook @5pm est)

Ricardo Funch vs. Dan Miller
Dustin Pague vs. Ken Stone

UFC 147​

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view @ 10pm est)

Rich Frankin vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. Sergio "Serginho" Moraes ("TUF: Brazil" middleweight final)
Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira ("TUF: Brazil" featherweight final)
Mike Russow vs. Fabricio Werdum
Yuri Alcantara vs. Hacran Dias

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX @8pm est)

Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros
Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo vs. Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno
John "Macapa" Teixeira vs. Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
Leonardo "Macarrao" Mafra Teixeira vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook @7pm est)

Marcos Vinicius "Vina" Borges Pancini vs. Wagner "Galeto" Campos
Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
UFC on FX:

Guida
Stout
Ebersole
Swanson
Hioki
Najim
Story
Siler
Brown
Camozzi
Miller
Pague

147:

Franklin
Who?
Who?
Russow
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?

salz4life

May 11, 2007
Fox Lake, IL
147:

Franklin
Who?
Who?
Russow
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?

My sentiments exactly.... I'm definitely not paying for 147 and I don't even think I'm going to try to stream it either. As for tomorrow night..... WAR GUIDA!!!!

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
147:

Franklin
Who?
Who?

Russow
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
Who?
My sentiments exactly.... I'm definitely not paying for 147 and I don't even think I'm going to try to stream it either. As for tomorrow night..... WAR GUIDA!!!!
:icon_lol:

But on a serious note, the UFC knows UFC 147 is a disaster, but it's not like they didn't try to make it a big event.

If you haven't follow TUF: Brazil, then you won't recognize any of those names. Aside from Alcantara/Dias and Arantes/Vieira, the rest were on the show.

salz4life

May 11, 2007
Fox Lake, IL
So they are putting an Ultimate Fighter Finale on PPV... the only difference is a top of the line ME (Russow/Werdum could probably headline a US based TUF finale) in Wandy/Ace.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Just finished Guida v Gray.....I think Guida won that fight. Gray just stood around for most of that fight and looked gassed out mid way through the 3rd to me.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Just finished Guida v Gray.....I think Guida won that fight. Gray just stood around for most of that fight and looked gassed out mid way through the 3rd to me.
I saw a different fight
I saw Gray trying to fight while Guida danced

salz4life

May 11, 2007
Fox Lake, IL

I just watched the fight again and let me preface this by saying I think the fight blew..... that being said, I think Guida won the fight to. It was ugly, but the first three rounds I thought Guida won. Maynard did nothing in the 1st two rounds and was confused by Guida's movement. The 3rd round was closer by I still think Guida got the better of the round (but I think an argument can be made for Gray and obviously two judges agreed). Rounds 4 and 5 were Maynard. The fight was ugly and I won't argue against Maynard winning because I think the 3rd round was close and could've gone either way, but IMO Guida won an ugly fight. Unfortunately for Clay, my opinion is utterly meaningless.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I was annoyed at the Greg Jackson people on twitter saying Guida fought a perfect Jackson-style fight. Even if he did win, he has nothing to be proud of.

salz4life

May 11, 2007
Fox Lake, IL
I was annoyed at the Greg Jackson people on twitter saying Guida fought a perfect Jackson-style fight. Even if he did win, he has nothing to be proud of.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. He had chances where he could've shot in for takedowns and I think he had open opportunities to counter some of Maynard's wild strikes he threw when he was frustrated. The difference between this and Condit/Diaz was Condit seemed more technical in his movements while Guida looked extremely awkward and it really looked like he was running around in the late 4th and a lot of the 5th rounds. Also, Gray Maynard is not Nick Diaz when it comes to striking (at least IMO). It was definitely a disappointing fight.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
The Jackson camp can bitch and moan all they like. I could see on twitter how disappointed everyone was, and a big part of that is because people know and like Guida when he's being Guida. If Greg Jackson wants to turn him into a peck-and-run fighter, the result will be the fans hating on him. I'm starting to get sick and tired with the Jackson strategy. These "eek out a points win" fights stink. I'd rather a fighter come to bang and lose than dance around and win. This isn't fucking soccer.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I enjoy Guida fights. Sometimes he gets the hell beat out of him but keeps going and seems to enjoy it. Last night he was dodging like a banty rooster and it was fun seeing Gray get frustrated as hell. Then when Guida took off with Gray in hot pursuit, much hilarity. It also seems like Guida usually loses decisions no matter what he tries.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Guida didn't deserved to win and I'm glad he didn't get it. He didn't do anything other than run. Maynard was the one pursuing, he was the one that landed the more shots and he was the one that came closest to finishing the fight. The only time Guida landed was when Maynard basically begged him to hit him. The funny part is after Guida landed 3 punches, he goes for the TD. Good thing Maynard has good wrestling and was able to sprawl and came ohh so close to winning by guillotine.

One of the most overrated fighters in the UFC. I said it before and I'll say it again, most of the fights Guida is in that are entertaining, are the ones where he's getting his ass kicked.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Did he win or lose against Roger Huerta? That's one fight of his that seems to stick in my mind.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Guida didn't deserved to win and I'm glad he didn't get it. He didn't do anything other than run. Maynard was the one pursuing, he was the one that landed the more shots and he was the one that came closest to finishing the fight. The only time Guida landed was when Maynard basically begged him to hit him. The funny part is after Guida landed 3 punches, he goes for the TD. Good thing Maynard has good wrestling and was able to sprawl and came ohh so close to winning by guillotine.

One of the most overrated fighters in the UFC. I said it before and I'll say it again, most of the fights Guida is in that are entertaining, are the ones where he's getting his ass kicked.
Actually the landed shots was pretty even
Regarding last night's Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard fight, as far as significant strikes went, it was almost a dead heat. Maynard connected on 49 or 225 and Guida on 45 of 321. Guida was actually the one who threw more in every single round. As far as connecting more, Guida had the advantage in rounds one and two, and Maynard in rounds three and five. Round four was a dead heat as far as strikes went, but Maynard deserved that round for the guillotine.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Anybody got a linky, please?
Edit: I like mma enough to watch fighters I never heard of, I'll watch pride, k1, I don't care.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
Just find the last thread and look for the links :) Too lazy to look right now and I don't care about this ppv.

Dec 12, 2007
I watched last nights fight and I thought Guida won. I watch grapplers fights with muted sound so I don't let the crowd annoy me with boos. Grey looked like he couldn't hit shit and I thought it was great utilization of style to beat a slow opponent.

Low and behold everyone else seems to think differently then I do when I turned on the sound for the post fight.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Just find the last thread and look for the links :) Too lazy to look right now and I don't care about this ppv.
All the fighters are fucking Brazilian. Ok, the UFC always has local guys and I get why they're in Brazil, but I can't find anything to connect to even the Brazilians who live in the US and speak some English.

The attitude they have is just alien to me. It's too much of the macho bullshit that annoys me. I know you fuckers don't like him, but Sonnen is funny to me with his pseudo-macho shit. It's with a constant wink-and-a-nod, where he knows we all know he's full of shit and that's all okay because he's just having fun out there. None of these Brazilians have any kind of a sense of humor. Like the guy they just mentioned on the FX card, who said that all he does is train BJJ 24/7. There's just too much ego and pride for them to, you know, learn something else and expand their knowledge base. It's fucking retarded.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Actually the landed shots was pretty even
Yeah they were, but look at the percentages, Guida threw nearly 100 more punches and still landed less. In the 3rd round he landed 4 punches out of 63. If it wasn't because Maynard put his hands down and tried to get into a fight, Guida would have landed even less.

I watched last nights fight and I thought Guida won. I watch grapplers fights with muted sound so I don't let the crowd annoy me with boos. Grey looked like he couldn't hit shit and I thought it was great utilization of style to beat a slow opponent.

Low and behold everyone else seems to think differently then I do when I turned on the sound for the post fight.
It's because you let Guida's running deceive you. I don't mean that as an insult either. That strategy should never work and hopefully Greg Jackson will stop using it. When was the last time you saw a ref stop the fight and tell one of the fighters to engage more? Guida was literally running.

Look I appreciate a technical fight as much as the next guy. My favorite fighter is Machida. I also like how Cruz and Edgar fight. But what Guida did was inexcusable.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
All the fighters are fucking Brazilian. Ok, the UFC always has local guys and I get why they're in Brazil, but I can't find anything to connect to even the Brazilians who live in the US and speak some English.

The attitude they have is just alien to me. It's too much of the macho bullshit that annoys me. I know you fuckers don't like him, but Sonnen is funny to me with his pseudo-macho shit. It's with a constant wink-and-a-nod, where he knows we all know he's full of shit and that's all okay because he's just having fun out there. None of these Brazilians have any kind of a sense of humor. Like the guy they just mentioned on the FX card, who said that all he does is train BJJ 24/7. There's just too much ego and pride for them to, you know, learn something else and expand their knowledge base. It's fucking retarded.
That's not true at all.

I think you should watch TUF: Brazil, if you do, you'll see they like to have fun just as much as anyone. Don't let the respect they have for the sport and their opponents fool you.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
What's the dealio with mma and tattoos? They have more ink than a Slayer concert in Jersey City.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
What's the dealio with mma and tattoos? They have more ink than a bon jovi concert in Jersey City.
Since when do Bonjovi fans have heavily tatted bodies?