Ultra Impressive Carved Pumpkin Faces

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
'Tis The Season: Ultra Impressive Carved Pumpkin Faces

October 9, 2012 / carving things, characters, decorating, faces, fun fact: the pumpkin is actually considered a fruit vegetable, halloween, holy smokes, i am impress, i could never do that not in a million years, i'm not allowed to use knives without adult supervision, keep up the good work, knives, piece of cake -- just carve away everything that doesn't look like a scary face, pumpkins, tis the season

This is a series of carved pumpkins from Trevor Grove and the rest of the crew at Villafine Studios (of this Predator and one-ton pumpkin carving fame). They're ridiculous. They can carve pumpkins better than I could carve, well, pretty much anything. Although one time time I did sharpen a stick to a point on the sidewalk. "Daaaaw, does the GW want a cookie?" Would I! I'll eat a whole batch as long as they're not oatmeal raisin.
Hit the jump for a bunch more of the impressiveness, including a Chuckie, a new and improved Predator, Medusa, and a couple that look like they're getting punch and squeezed (my personal favorites).

Thanks to my buddy Terry, who's never carved anything decent in his life except my name into his arm and even then he misspelled it.
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/10/tis-the-season-insanely-impressive-carve.php

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
Mine from 2010

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
I'd post mine, but the pics keep getting moved to the "I want to fuck with my neighbor" thread... weird...

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
A little early, no?
I carve pumpkins with my little cousins every year, and never get to do anything I want. I always have to make the same 5-10 stencils every year.

I'd like to try to do one of the etching types like in the OP, but really, it seems like a lot of work.
Plus, it's impossible to find a good pumpkin with a nice "Canvas", they're always too skinny or too fat, have dirt and pimple shit all over them. Where all the good punkins at!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Good Lord: Intricately Carved Superhero/Sci-Fi Pumpkins

October 12, 2012 / artists, carving, characters, fall, good lord, great googly moogly, halloween, holy smokes, i always have really high expectations for my jack-o-lantern every year then end up not doing anything but filling it with fireworks and blowing it up in the driveway, impressive, is that even possible?, knives, pumpkins, skills, tis the season, when do we turn our clocks back -- is that getting close?, yay it's pumpkin flavored everything season!

This is a series of unbelievably impressive carved pumpkins on display as part of the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at the Rodger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, Rhode Island. The Spectacular features over 5,000 carved pumpkins, but apparently only 100 or so are this impressive. Who knows, the rest might suck.
Join your family and friends in this amazing experience: a night time display of 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns all along our beautiful wetland trail. Well over 100 of the pumpkins are carved into veritable works of art, and presented in themed scenes with music.​
Wow, that made me sad as hell. "What, that only 100 pumpkins out of the 5,000 are really cool?" No, the whole 'Join your family and friends' thing. "You don't have any?" ALIENATED THEM ALL. The holidays are really hard for me.
Hit the jump for a bunch more of the impressiveness, including some Dr. Who, Cthulhu, Wolverine and Lord of the Rings action.
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/10/pumpkin.php