Unmasked Listening Thread w/Ron Bennington interviewing Carlos Mencia 10/7 2PM XM202

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
At 2 PM EST(11AM PS) today will be the second playing of Unmasked with Mr. Ron Bennington interviewing Carlos Mencia!

Carlos Mencia Sat, 10/6 | XM Comedy - XM 150 Sun, 10/7 | The Virus - XM 202 One of the most talked-about personalities in comedy today, Carlos Mencia is always in the thick of things. He's got his own TV show on Comedy Central, he's starring with Ben Stiller in The Heartbreak Kid, and this week he spends an hour with Ron Bennington being brutally honest about everything from stolen jokes to saved lives. You REALLY get inside the Mind of Mencia on this week's Unmasked.
Encores:

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
Lasted about 10 minutes. Of course it goes straight to race. Black guys are all like this, white guys are all like this (racists of course.) Can't minority comics talk about anything but race? Is it impossible to believe that some people really don't care what race you are?

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
Good interview, good show. I always laugh when I see Mencia, so I guess I'm a "fan"... but anyway, Unmasked was great and Ron did an excellent job, as we were all sure he would.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
woke up late, guess I'll listen on wednesday if i cant find the show "somewhere else"

I highly recommend anyone who gets a chance to see one of these live definitely goes, Ronnie is a fantastic interviewer

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
Jul 26, 2005
Seattle
Concerning stealing bits, he made a good point about people living through similar situations.

That said, the bulk of his comments on the subject are sociopathic and ludicrous. I noticed Ron just piped down and let him run with it. He contended that there was a new movement or witch hunt (obviously headed by Rogan) going on in the comic world where comics are on heightened alert not to steal from other comics under threat of persecution/castigation.

Is that the case? Is it really? Or is it just the case that comics go after other comics who they catch stealing bits and he happens to be one of the accused.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Carlos certainly doesn't have any "self-esteem" issues! :smarty:

Totally agree. There is something off with Mencia in my opinion. I think Ron unmasked the character that is Carlos Mencia, but not Ned. Im not sure Mencia knows the difference anymore.

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
i hope i can find this one somewhere. i was at the taping for this and patrice and both interviews were great, despite the public opinion of mencia.

ronnie b is the best interviewer around.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I found it amazing on how he became a comedian.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
The only thing I really hate about Mencia is how he constantly reminds his audience how stupid they are; "See, the Smart people are laughing…" etc. etc. I get it; wetbacks are dumb. Next joke.

topher520

learnings for queers
Jul 5, 2006
Boston
Concerning stealing bits, he made a good point about people living through similar situations.

That said, the bulk of his comments on the subject are sociopathic and ludicrous. I noticed Ron just piped down and let him run with it. He contended that there was a new movement or witch hunt (obviously headed by Rogan) going on in the comic world where comics are on heightened alert not to steal from other comics under threat of persecution/castigation.

Is that the case? Is it really? Or is it just the case that comics go after other comics who they catch stealing bits and he happens to be one of the accused.
Stealing someone elses Creativity could be one of the worst crimes commited in Comedy or Show Biz in general. If I take time to craft a joke or a story and practice Everynight in front of strangers until I get it good enough to use in my act on the regular, and Someone just comes along...listens once to it then Changes a few words around and make it his own SUCKS BALLS and thats the bottom line. Its Cheating the game.

Jul 14, 2005
Great job Ronnie B. I'm glad Mencia addressed the fact he is not a funny person.

plastikman

Let whitey shop!
Aug 9, 2005
Ohio
It was great. Ronnie does some amazing interviews no matter who it is or how big a star they. Even though I don't care about Carlos that much, it was interesting.

Hobo_Cum

Psst... your balls are showing...
Apr 15, 2006
Hobo Cock, Massachusetts
<Troll> NO ONE INTERVUSE BETTER THAN STERN DOES, HE GETS INTO THE REAL ISSUES LIKE IF SOMEONE HAS HAD ANAL OR IF THEY HAVE HAD A LESBIAN EXPERIENCE. RON B CANT DO ANY OF THAT </Troll>