UPDATE: Palin IS NOT joining 2012 Presidential race...

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
God, I hope not.

Sarah Palin-affiliated law firm made early-state deadline inquiries

Ken Vogel and I both have sources telling us that calls were made on behalf of a mystery candidate to various early states to determine presidential filing deadlines.

The calls were made by representatives of the law firm Baker Hostetler - a firm that employs lawyer Mark Braden, who represents Sarah PAC, her political action committee.

As Ken notes, while he nor representatives of Palin’s campaign would comment on the calls, Palin is the only GOP politician eying the presidential race who is represented by the firm.

The current thinking in GOP election law circles is that the first hard cut-off for entering the race is Oct. 28, when presidential candidates who hope to appear on the ballot in the New Hampshire primary would be required to submit a filing fee from a federally registered presidential campaign committee.

(with Reid Epstein)

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Please, god, NO.

We do NOT need this fucking train wreck in the election process. I honestly think Palin is one of the few candidates that could hand Obama a second term on a silver platter. The right needs a candidate that the left either cant bitch about, or doesn't give a fuck. Putting Palin in the race would help the left rally to fight against her, and bring more people out to the polls.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
The right needs a candidate that the left either cant bitch about, or doesn't give a fuck.
No such thing.

The real risk from Palin entering is that she'll enter as a 3rd party and split just enough of the Anyone But Obama vote away from the Republican candidate to hand Obama the election. Believe it or not, there are actually people that would vote for her over most of the Republican candidates.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
No such thing.

The real risk from Palin entering is that she'll enter as a 3rd party and split just enough of the Anyone But Obama vote away from the Republican candidate to hand Obama the election. Believe it or not, there are actually people that would vote for her over most of the Republican candidates.
I realize that, but she is still - in my eyes - unelectable.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I realize that, but she is still - in my eyes - unelectable.
She is most certainly unelectable. In addition to the real issues surrounding her, she has been the recipient of an almost nonstop 4-year hatchet job by the "mainstream" media.

I want her to stay away completely. Don't endorse anyone, just STFU and keep out of it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
She is most certainly unelectable. In addition to the real issues surrounding her, she has been the recipient of an almost nonstop 4-year hatchet job by the "mainstream" media.

I want her to stay away completely. Don't endorse anyone, just STFU and keep out of it.
Agreed. Her entering the primary race would be the worst thing that could happen to it. I'm not even convinced she wants to be President, but is probably just looking for any way to sell books.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I'm not even convinced she wants to be President, but is probably just looking for any way to sell books.
This. With Trump it was about ratings for his TV show and for her it would be about keeping her fresh enough in people's eyes to be able to sell her other ventures.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

I thought the hatchet job ensured that she will win the Presidency.

And, let's face it, she loves the tomahawks. She uses the media just as much as the media uses her.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
An Obama vs. Palin election would probably be our best chance at getting a 3rd party candidate in the White House. Not saying a 3rd party candidate would win...but they'd siphon alot of votes. Alot of moderate conservatives/liberals and especially independents won't vote Palin or Obama.

For that reason alone...there's no way the GOP lets her walk away with the nomination.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Good. Let's just ruin the GOP's chances again.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
An Obama vs. Palin election would probably be our best chance at getting a 3rd party candidate in the White House. Not saying a 3rd party candidate would win...but they'd siphon alot of votes. Alot of moderate conservatives/liberals and especially independents won't vote Palin or Obama.

For that reason alone...there's no way the GOP lets her walk away with the nomination.
A Perot/Nader ticket would be hilarious in that situation.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I wish this bitch would just go the fuck away and let the men run the show. The only people who support this asshole are the middle-America rubes who would believe every chain email they get and that Obama was born in Kenya. But boy does the media love to keep her on everyone's mind instead of focusing on real candidates. See my avatar for an example.

THRILLHO

Apr 5, 2009
Bothell, Wa.
Ugh. This bitch needs to die in a plane crash along with her white trash daughter and her water headed son.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Ugh. This bitch needs to die in a plane crash along with her white trash daughter and her water headed son.
Now that's a little extreme, sir. I think moving back to Alaska and shutting the fuck up is sufficient.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
For someone who can see Russia from her backyard, why aren't we afraid that she's the Soviet Sleeper agent? I've seen Salt. I know how shit works.

UrsusHorribilis

May 2, 2006
Who invented this primary shit anyway? It's just another way the special interests and corporations make sure the candidate who raises the most $ wins the nomination MAAAAAAN!!!

Time to get back to the "smoke-filled room"---but then the voters have no say in the nomination process--which gets dominated by special interests--like the corporations MAAAAAN!!!

We are truly fucked.

The presumptive nominee doesn't sit well with the bible beaters (the M-word) so the press builds up Bachman (who's batshit crazy), then builds up Perry (who's Bush-lite, intellectually and has N-person-head problems), then tries to get Christie in the race (so they can crack fat jokes ad nauseum) and having failed that, reheats the Palin mess.

If I was a conspiracy nut, I'd swear someone is trying to help O. get re-elected.