USA soccer team booed in L.A. -- Mexico was 'home team'

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0626-plaschke-gold-cup-20110626,0,7072114.column

this is why multiculturalism has failed.

this is why the $800 billion so have been spent (if spent at all) on a massive Mexican border fence & security operation.

this is why ''La Raza'' courses in border states' high schools is so dangerous

don't forget! They didn't cross the border... the border crossed THEM!

(5 to 1 odds says the southern USA/Mexican border turns into 'our' version of ''Liberate Palestine!!!'')

[video=youtube;PXPkzMsKacc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPkzMsKacc&[/video]

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
I was working in Corona back in '08 and went to see the L.A. Galaxy play Chivas USA. They share the same Home Depot center in Carson City, Ca. as their home field so for some reason or other Chivas was considered the home team that night. The Galaxy fans were definitely the minority that night and everything was "Mexicanized" as I like to say. From the souvenirs you could buy to the concessions for food and beverages. None of the concession workers spoke English and the police and security were segregating the Chivas fans and the Galaxy fans by putting them in their own set of stands even though they may have purchased tickets for much more expensive seats.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
So its wrong for the USA soccer team to get booed by Mexicans. But its okay for many to be indifferent when the USA men's basketball team is playing in the Olympics.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
The crowd being mostly mexican wasn't a suprise but the ceremony being done in Spanish was a little much.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
So its wrong for the USA soccer team to get booed by Mexicans. But its okay for many to be indifferent when the USA men's basketball team is playing in the Olympics.
The soccer team isn't a bunch of spoiled assholes like the basketball team. This is a culture thing, and a symptom of a much larger problem.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
The soccer team isn't a bunch of spoiled assholes like the basketball team. This is a culture thing, and a symptom of a much larger problem.
Many of them do play professional soccer. If I'm not mistaken, during the World Cup many fans of different ethnic backgrounds root for country of their origin than for the United States. Like the Jersey Italians rooting for Itlay.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Many of them do play professional soccer. If I'm not mistaken, during the World Cup many fans of different ethnic backgrounds root for country of their origin than for the United States. Like the Jersey Italians rooting for Itlay.
You're missing the point. Did you even read the article? It's one thing to root for your team based on your family's heritage, but it's another to totally disrespect the other team like that. I don't care who's fucking national anthem is playing, you sit there quietly until it's over. That's how it's done in the Olympics. And I'll bet if Mexico had made it to the finals against some other team they would have behaved a little better. But soccer fans are assholes anyway, maybe not.

And yes, it's part of a bigger problem. Their refusal to assimilate like previous cultures is a huge fucking problem. Also, can you imagine if it had been the other way around and a bunch of U.S. fans were booing the Mexicans during their national anthem? They'd all be labeled racists.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
You're missing the point. Did you even read the article? It's one thing to root for your team based on your family's heritage, but it's another to totally disrespect the other team like that. I don't care who's fucking national anthem is playing, you sit there quietly until it's over. That's how it's done in the Olympics. And I'll bet if Mexico had made it to the finals against some other team they would have behaved a little better. But soccer fans are assholes anyway, maybe not.

And yes, it's part of a bigger problem. Their refusal to assimilate like previous cultures is a huge fucking problem. Also, can you imagine if it had been the other way around and a bunch of U.S. fans were booing the Mexicans during their national anthem? They'd all be labeled racists.
Nah I didn't read the article. While I agree that illegal immigration and their refusal to assimilate is a part of a bigger problem, I'm not losing my shit over what happened at a sporting event. Especially when its a sporting event that a majority of Americans don't care about.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
What are the odds that goal tender Tim Howard gets shit for his honest comments?

Speaking after the game, Howard said: '[tournament organisers] CONCACAF should be ashamed of themselves.'

'I think it was a [expletive] disgrace that the entire post match ceremony was in Spanish.'

'You can bet your ass that if we were in Mexico City, it wouldn't be all in English.'

'It never ceases to amaze me all that stuff.'

sniper2323

The true north Idaho P.O.W.
Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home

We really need a "Like" button on the forum.

X2

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
"suck who?" -Bubs

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Nah I didn't read the article. While I agree that illegal immigration and their refusal to assimilate is a part of a bigger problem, I'm not losing my shit over what happened at a sporting event. Especially when its a sporting event that a majority of Americans don't care about.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I can't believe a soccer thread on Wackbag made it to more than 3 posts. We shouldn't have anything to do with that commie sport.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I can't believe a soccer thread on Wackbag made it to more than 3 posts. We shouldn't have anything to do with that commie sport.
It's only gone on this long because it's really not about soccer but
the wetbacks and their constant shitting on the country they seek
to settle in and not assimilate in to.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
We have a proper soccer faggotry thread over in the sports section. As a matter of fact, it is almost time to start the new '11/'12 thread.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I don't even know what the event was, but we were bar hopping in Downtown Dallas last night and I was shocked at all the fans were crazy about this game. It didn't matter who scored, every place exploded when anything happened.

I didn't think that many people gave a shit about soccer.