USPS may destroy 'unsafe' stamps

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You have got to be fucking kidding me. How much money will this waste?

USPS may destroy 'unsafe' stamps
By Maya Salam October 10, 2013 4:52 PM
View gallery

Run! Jump! Leap! It all seems pretty innocent, but the U.S. Postal Service is faced with a decision to destroy its series of "Just Move" stamps because of safety concerns, according to Linns Stamp News, and we're not talking about a paper cut on your tongue.

The colorful cartoon stamps, based on Michelle Obama's Let's Move initiative, were intended to encourage an active lifestyle and raise awareness about physical activity. But the images on some of the stamps are not kosher with the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, according to the stamps designer, Eli Noyes, who told Linns, "Apparently the President’s Council [on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition] and the Let’s Move people saw them and had issues with them."

The stamps in question: a skateboarder sans kneepads, a swimmer doing a cannonball, and a kid doing a headstand without a helmet, and because of these issues, it's likely you won't ever get to send your mail with these particular adhesives.

A spokesman at the USPS told Yahoo the stamps are sitting at a printer in upstate New York, awaiting a decision on their fate.

What do you think? Is eliminating these stamps unnecessary. Is it the right thing to do? Do you even use stamps anymore?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I wouldn't lick anything that Michelle had her hand in.

Where does one purchase a headstand helmet?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
I need to find some of these if they are in circulation

will be worth some big bucks to people in 100 years

after the same 0bamas destroy our country

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I hope every member of "the President’s Council [on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition] and the Let’s Move" die in a car crash. Doing a headstand without a helmet? Are you fucking serious?!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i saw this on the news this morning....... UNFUCKINGBELEVABLE what the FUCK is wrong with these people????

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
You have got to be fucking kidding me. How much money will this waste?
Silly question. Money isn't real, it just seems that way. These stamps could've been anything.. Anything.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
I saw this on GMA this morning and I actually yelled at my television.

Concern that fucking drawings don't incorporate the proper safety measures because as if the drawing on the sign has any indicators we must follow the moral example of the cartoon and emulate every detail... For example:

If the sign indicates a purse is required to cross the street, I go the the nearest Kate Spade and purchase a hot little number that not only makes me feel pretty but, more importantly, puts me in compliance with the sign so I can cross the street.

And no matter what, I NEVER step on the third line in a crosswalk because the sign doesn't and I can only conclude that the third line in the cross walk will kill you instantly if you step on it, just like the third rail of the train tracks.