OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Utah man wins Lamborghini, crashes it hours later

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gleet, Dec 21, 2011.

1. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-man-wins-lamborghini-crashes-hours-later-163414452.html

2. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Nelson.jpg

Also, not surprising. You don't just go from driving some POS Chevy to a Lambo with more than 600 hp. It's a COMPLETELY different animal. I bet he thought he could just take the keys and drive that motherfucker like a pro. You can maybe do that with a Porsche or a Ferrari, but not a Lambo.

3. gleet

Did you read this key fact?

He was driving summer tires in Utah in the winter, on ice. Smart.

Good advertising.

4. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Hahaha. Even funnier.

5. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

not really with either of these. The porsche will bite you will trailing throttle oversteer and the F-car (assuming modern, mid-engined style) will be pretty similar to the Lambo.

6. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

Miller ROCKS. love that track.

7. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

But both are less insane than Lambos. (Listen to me talking like I didn't just hear all this shit on Top Gear)

8. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Okay, my barely informed opinion is that Ferrari's are more forgiving if you screw up. This is is only based on my interactions at the local car show when the millionaires show in their various rides and I play 20 questions with them. What I was told was
    Lambo - twitchy, beastly, unforgiving.
    Ferrari - Beast, more forgiving
    Porsche - Oversteers like a bitch.

Again, not from my own experiences, and the guys I talk to at the show rarely agree. The Ferrari guys hates the Lambo guys and vice-versa. The Porsche guy thinks Ferrari and Lambo are Italian garbage. The Viper guys think that any car that cost over $100K and isn't displacing over 500 cubic inches is an overpriced sewing machine.

9. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

This is just fucking stupid. Who gives away a Lambo? And who is stupid enough to take that Lambo and not just take a cash payout instead? Yes, I'd love to drive one, but I couldn't handle it. This had failure written all over it.

Who's fucking bright idea was it to give away a $300,000 car without giving the man a driving lesson first? Also, driving a car that has to have ZR rated tires in winter in fucking Utah. Dummies gonna dumb.

This Lambo is AWD. So is almost every Ferrari. It's called a supercar for a reason. This is frustratingly stupid.

10. gleet

11. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

nope. There is only one current ferrari that is awd and it isnt really all time awd and is a front engined GT. Very different than the Murci.

12. Motor Head

The last Lambo that was AWD was the Diablo VT. It to this day is still IMO the best Lambo ever conceived, though it could have used more then 485HP. I think they had to keep it dialed back because more HP would have killed the differential.

13. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

even the top of the line, hard core Porsche (think GT3), has less hp than the Murci, but will bite you harder/faster than the Murci will.

The 430 is a marvel of technology, so much so that with all of the electronics on its a little dull. I know folks that have sold returned their 430 for their old 360 (just a little more raw and more feedback, and I agree with them). Turn all the electronics off and the 430 takes some talent to drive.

The Murci is rather dull really. The awd sucks some life out of it. Its more mental than the Gaylardo (teee-heee), but its still not all that crazy. In general, the Lambos are a little more engaging than the Ferraris, but they arent some uber super car that require extreme skills to drive close to the edge (relatively). Granted, as someone said, you cant just hop out of your El Camino and into any of these cars and expect to drive "fast"... but beyond that... I would think a little harder about getting in a Porsche or a Ferrari with an under experienced driver rather than the Murci.

If someone came in and showed me a fast lap time in a Porsche I'd be more impressed than if they showed me the same lap time from a Lambo. Its takes more doing.

14. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

the Murci is awd, as is the Reventón, and Gallardo

15. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

try backing one up... they are a pain in the ass :D you have to perfect the "sit on the sill with door open" pose.

GREAT looking car though. Totally mental, very raw.

16. DanaReevesLungs

DanaReevesLungs I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
    Donator

I'd much rather a GT-R.

17. Chino Kapone

Touche.

18. Chino Kapone

The LP550 was the last Lambo in 10 year to have RWD. That was in 2009.

19. Chino Kapone

Same.

20. Motor Head

For a car guy, I'm sure stupid about cars. I give up.

Lambo = cool. I will likely never be able to afford one unless I win the lottery or I start getting a shit load of overtime.

21. Motor Head

Same here, or a Skyline. or one of the new ZR1 Corvette's that whopped the shit out of the new Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche.

22. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Cracker rich!

23. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

this.

even the Z06 is 99% of any of the rest and costs a ton less. Granted much less sophisticated and plush, but if you are a track day whore its the weapon of choice (if you are going high hp, otherwise get an Elise and learn a thing or twelve about driving)... or of course you could spend $10k on a new 1k cc bike and out perform all of them (and scare the living crap out of yourself x10 more than any car could).

24. Chino Kapone

Lettuce beef cereal,,, if we talking track day, the obvious choice is the Ariel atom.

25. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

An Ariel would be a kick... still I'd take a bike over an Ariel any day. WAY more fun.

I've had a Radical out on track, pretty fun... but still not the levels of thrill you get from a bike.

would like to try the Ariel just for kicks though. A friend has one, will have to see about swapping rides for a session or two some day.

The Elise is loads of fun on track (and can be had CHEAP, much less than Radical or Ariel). Momentum, momentum, momentum. Dont lift, brake lightly and let it roll.