Van Halen Reunion Tour With David Lee Roth Is On

empyrelounge

Aug 9, 2005
Boston, MA
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/06/confirmed-van-halen-reunion-tour-with-david-lee-roth-is-on/
The long awaited Van Halen reunion tour is on: Rolling Stone has confirmed that the band will make an official anouncement at a Los Angeles press conference sometime next week. The band lineup will be David Lee Roth on vocals, Eddie Van Halen on guitar, Alex Van Halen on drums and Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. The tour, Van Halen’s first outing with Roth since 1984, will hit arenas this fall. Keep checking back at RollingStone.com for more information.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Not to be ned nitpicker,,, but, WTF! why not Micheal Anthony?

I hope its because hes so close to Sammy and not because he was denied.

I also hope the ticketsaren't 2 million dollars apiece... that reminds me I gotta start an FU TO GENESIS THREAD.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I give it a 0.01% chance of actually happening and 0.000000001 of not ending abruptly if it does start. It'll suck anyway. Roth can't sing, Eddie's insane, and they have a 15-year old bassist playing with a bunch of old men.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I think cancer humbled Eddie, and i think getting old humbled the rock star DLR.

I still gotta say DLR's show still blew me away with how smart that guy was...I had him pegged as a total Jeff Spicoli.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...halen-reunion-tour-with-david-lee-roth-is-on/
The long awaited Van Halen reunion tour is on: Rolling Stone has confirmed that the band will make an official anouncement at a Los Angeles press conference sometime next week. The band lineup will be David Lee Roth on vocals, Eddie Van Halen on guitar, Alex Van Halen on drums and Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. The tour, Van Halen’s first outing with Roth since 1984, will hit arenas this fall. Keep checking back at RollingStone.com for more information.
They're trying this again? What a joke.

Not to be ned nitpicker,,, but, WTF! why not Micheal Anthony?
Cause Eddie's an ass and had a falling out with Michael that he can't get over.
Not to mention that he's trying to kick start his kid's career.

Nope. This will never happen. Egos will clash again and kill it.

ShavedLebaneseBear

Question: What kind of bear is best?
Oct 17, 2002
West Coast
Hmmm...I will believe this when I see it. If they really do tour (and they don't implode before they get to my town) I will definitely be there. Although, having "Wolfie" (eyyyuck!) on bass kind of ruins it for me. Michael Anthony is no bass virtuoso, but he was a member of the original band. Him not being in the band is almost as bad as not having Dave in it for me. I have been waiting for 20+ years for the full reunion and they fuck it up with some 15 years old kid. :mad4:

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
how is it a reunion tour if not everyone from the original band is gonna be there? That's just like Dave Grohl and Krist Novasellic getting together and saying theyre gonna have a Nirvana reunion tour with Eddie Vedder or someone on vocals.

Norton316

Recovering Roman Catholic
Nov 21, 2004
Long Island
If this happens , I say they do one show and it'll be over . Sebastion Bach should get together with VH , he still has range and hair .

Southpaw

Jan 12, 2005
I'm less concerned about missing Michael Anthony's bass playing than I am about missing Michael Anthony's backing vocals. His harmonies are very important to the VH sound in both eras.

I'd rather see both DLR and Hagar do the tour than just one of them, but that's probably a minority opinion.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I bet Dave gets his own dressing room, all the way on the other side of the arena. Far away from the rest of the band. Then, when the band comes on stage, they lower him down in a box, and he stays in the box the whole show. That's the only way they'll be able to do the whole tour.

jackdaniels1940

Are you my pal??
Oct 4, 2004
PA
how is it a reunion tour if not everyone from the original band is gonna be there? That's just like Dave Grohl and Krist Novasellic getting together and saying theyre gonna have a Nirvana reunion tour with Eddie Vedder or someone on vocals.
since when is the bass player as important as the lead singer????

nitefly5150

Mar 9, 2006
I'm less concerned about missing Michael Anthony's bass playing than I am about missing Michael Anthony's backing vocals. His harmonies are very important to the VH sound in both eras.
(Jimmy as Alan Alda) Yessssss!!!!!!

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Since the lead singer can't sing worth a shit and the bass player can would be my guess.

Besides, Mike and Sammy are the only 2 members of the band who ever seemed like they gave a shit about the fans beyond making money off them.

since when is the bass player as important as the lead singer????

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Without MA's vocals... thats gonne hurt them bad... realize it or not he is super important to old van halens singing.

george

eat my ass
Dec 20, 2004
I'm not sure I'd go to this show... I saw the original VH... w/o MA on bass - it won't sound as good.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'll definitely go. My guess is they'll use a vocal backing track to replace Michael Anthony. While he was a great singer for a bass player, those vocals could easily be replaced by a professional backup singer. You just won't see them onstage. Could make for a good Milli Vanilli moment though.

Brady T cell

O & A Fanboy
Jan 31, 2005
I saw them in 84 with Roth and in 86 with Sammy. That's how I'll remember them. None of this "fat Elvis" shit for me thanks.

The Youtube vids will be good for a laugh though.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I have no desire to see this. Ugh. Wake me up when Led Zeppelin tickets go one sale for the Wachovia center.