Vanquish, the greatest game you've never played.

All I can say is fucking WOW! Gamespot gave this game a 9.0 and even their review doesn't do it justice. If you own a PS3 or Xbox you must play this game. There is a demo available but make sure all your bills are paid and you don't have to go to work because you will be skirting all responsibilities to go get and play it after only a taste.

Gamespot
[video=youtube;wm2UxAF-lnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm2UxAF-lnU[/video]

IGN,
[video=youtube;C222qEMzYTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C222qEMzYTU[/video]

Classic Game Room
[video=youtube;JAN2-OZ3it4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAN2-OZ3it4[/video]

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
I'm downloading the demo right now. I'm not sure if I want to get any new games at the moment though. I still have more than plenty that I haven't even gotten to yet.

I played the demo, I felt like I was going to have a seizure playing it. Its too "japanese" for me.

It looks cool but I heard it's short and not worth a second play through, plus no online.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Just picked this up used for $17. I haven't touched my Xbox in months except to play Netflix. This game is fun as hell. I'm stuck at the first boss already and have played it about 10 times. Tons of action.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Hopefully they expand the story for the sequel. That was more disappointing than the short length.

ruckstande

Donator
Hopefully they expand the story for the sequel. That was more disappointing than the short length.
I didn't know there was one. I will be looking forward to it.

Plunkies

Saw this and tried the demo. Immediately decided to buy the game. Possibly the best third person shooter I've ever played. The gameplay is so crisp, the guns feel great, and the way all the mechanics flow together make you feel like a total badass. Thanks for posting this thread, great recommendation.

OMG I forgot all about this game. I think I will play through it again today.

ruckstande

Donator
This would be the greatest multiplayer game.

Neon

ネオン
This is next on my list after I finish Gears of War 2 (Which FUCKING RULES, by the way. Amazing game)

soiledshorts79

Registered Tumor .
I too got this game for $17 at gamestop and it was worth every penny. I had a blast sliding around on my asscheeks shooting commie robots from space. The ARGOS battles were really fun and throw you a pretty good surprise fighting them the first time. The last boss battle was a little too japanesey for my tastes, but was still a fun experience. I really liked the look of the BLADE weapon system, I kept changing back and forth from the machine gun to the rocket launcher just to watch the cool animation. All in all Vanquish kicked major ass and was definitely worth the price of admission. Team Panface did an excellent job and I'll be sure to pick up the sequel new when it comes out.
what did you guys that played it think of the interactive credits? I thought that was a nice touch and wouldn't mind seeing more games do that.

Joker1919

I downloaded the demo a few days ago, holy shit was this game crazy. I couldn't get into the story but I will pick this one up if I find it on the cheap.

Ordered this game yesterday. Can't fucking wait. It looks exactly like the type of game I want to be playing now.

soiledshorts79

Registered Tumor .
And what game credits aren't? At least they're giving you something to do instead of just sitting there reading names.

Just popped this in today. Only had about a half hour to play it, but holy shit is it fun. Total chaos on screen.

Falldog

Donator
And what game credits aren't? At least they're giving you something to do instead of just sitting there reading names.
Go play Super Smash Brothers.

There's no point in adding post game mechanics if they're not polished.

I'm already stuck on the first boss. I don't think I've ever fired this many shots at an enemy in any game and the fucker won't die. I ran out of ammo and there was none left on the entire screen... Yeesh.

ruckstande

Donator
I'm already stuck on the first boss. I don't think I've ever fired this many shots at an enemy in any game and the fucker won't die. I ran out of ammo and there was none left on the entire screen... Yeesh.
Start with the legs then do the arms.

Start with the legs then do the arms.
I knew what I needed to do. I just couldn't get it done without dying or running out of ammo, but I got it after a few tries. Fuck, this game is fun as shit. The one thing I wished Gears of War had was epic battle scenes. This game just throws them at you one after another. I instantly love it.

Falldog

Donator
Hehe. One tank is giving you trouble? wink wink