Vanquish, the greatest game you've never played.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
I knew what I needed to do. I just couldn't get it done without dying or running out of ammo, but I got it after a few tries. Fuck, this game is fun as shit. The one thing I wished Gears of War had was epic battle scenes. This game just throws them at you one after another. I instantly love it.
I thought about that too. There is a ton of monstrous shit going on. I also thought this would have been great as a Transformers game.

I thought about that too. There is a ton of monstrous shit going on. I also thought this would have been great as a Transformers game.
One of the reviews I saw said it was very similar to Transformers: War for Cybertron. Maybe I should check it out as well.

By the way, how long is this game? I just passed the
big fucking machine with the turrets and shit that was jamming the signal
and I feel like I should pace myself or I'll just run through it in a couple of days...

The better you get at the controls, the more fun this game gets. Pulling off monster kills and whatnot. The only minor gripe I have is the weapons. I think they could have done a better job making some cooler ones.

ruckstande

Donator
One of the reviews I saw said it was very similar to Transformers: War for Cybertron. Maybe I should check it out as well.

By the way, how long is this game? I just passed the
big fucking machine with the turrets and shit that was jamming the signal
and I feel like I should pace myself or I'll just run through it in a couple of days...
That's as far as I got. Haven't been able to play anymore.

God dammit. Those spider fuckers are hard to kill.

soiledshorts79

Registered Tumor .
Those little tiny ones or the huge robot ones? The shotgun works pretty good with the little ones, but they're still annoying as fuck.

Those little tiny ones or the huge robot ones? The shotgun works pretty good with the little ones, but they're still annoying as fuck.

The big ones that come apart when you shoot them in the eye, and then it's just a little thing with arms and legs and all the other parts kinda drag along with it. They're called "Unknown."
Skip to 10:15 in this video if that is unclear:

[video=youtube;7dgaaAjPAxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dgaaAjPAxY[/video]

I already got through one of these and now there's another one that seems harder to kill.

soiledshorts79

Registered Tumor .
Oh now I know what you're talking about...
rocket launcher the shit out of it. If you can get a good bead on the little feller with the launcher, shoot him with it as well. If you can't then give him a good spray with the heavy machine gun.

Oh now I know what you're talking about...
rocket launcher the shit out of it. If you can get a good bead on the little feller with the launcher, shoot him with it as well. If you can't then give him a good spray with the heavy machine gun.
Yeah. You just gotta be quick and get away from its lasers, and thrashes, and then when it crawls into one of the vents, you just gotta be careful it doesn't land behind you because it can kill you with one hit by tearing your fucking head off.

I'm enjoying the shit outta this game, though. I hope to god there's an expansion pack or sequel in the future.

ruckstande

Donator
Yeah. You just gotta be quick and get away from its lasers, and thrashes, and then when it crawls into one of the vents, you just gotta be careful it doesn't land behind you because it can kill you with one hit by tearing your fucking head off.

I'm enjoying the shit outta this game, though. I hope to god there's an expansion pack or sequel in the future.
This was the hardest boss I fought until just now. I'm at what I assume is the last boss.
Holy shit how the hell am I supposed to beat those two flying Russian dudes. I keep unloading and missing and their health doesn't go very far down.

On a side note, one of the things that annoys the fuck out of me is if I max out my weapon, sometimes when I die the weapon goes down a peg or two.

ruckstande

Donator
Beat it last night. Damn fun. I really want to play it again.

Beat it last night. Damn fun. I really want to play it again.
Haven't played in a couple of days due to my shitty life, but tell me this:

So you fight this spider scrap-heap robot, but not the first one. The second one, after the level where you have to shoot out the searchlights with the sniper rifle. How much longer is the game after that? I wanna pace myself. Although I'm pretty sure I'll play it again when I finish.

ruckstande

Donator
Haven't played in a couple of days due to my shitty life, but tell me this:

So you fight this spider scrap-heap robot, but not the first one. The second one, after the level where you have to shoot out the searchlights with the sniper rifle. How much longer is the game after that? I wanna pace myself. Although I'm pretty sure I'll play it again when I finish.
Maybe 2-3 hours.

Yeah. Totally forgot about those.

Finally killed that spider fucker. Took it right to that BITCH. Now I'm in a park. :)

ruckstande

Donator
Yeah. Totally forgot about those.

Finally killed that spider fucker. Took it right to that BITCH. Now I'm in a park. :)
I think that is the hardest character behind the final boss. Actually the first boss was damn hard.

I think that is the hardest character behind the final boss. Actually the first boss was damn hard.
That first one was very hard, but I bet he won't be as hard the second time around. You don't have a great feel for the game by the time you reach him.

By the way:

How cool was it that they teased the spider robot in that one level where your in one of those cars and you see it crawling up a pipe and you're like "WTF WAS THAT?!?!?! I hope I don't have to fight it..." :haha7:

Also, did anyone notice that during the opening sequence the main soldier guy says: "Come on, you apes! You wanna live forever?!" which is a direct quote from Starship Troopers. And that guy also had a robot arm.

It's funny how impossible some of the battles in this game seem the first time around. You say to yourself: "Oh yeah, I've fought one of those guys before... Wait... There's 3 of them at once?!?!?! Fuck."

So I decided to rediscover this game yesterday at the same time I am rediscovering marijuana after many many years and all I have to say is wow what a ridiculous amount of fun that was. I had to play with the auto aim but wow.

Vanquish has auto aim? I can't find it in any of the menus...