Movie Venom...Oct 5, 2018

Discoman

Donator
Well now we count the days till the eventual HITW.

mascan42

Feeling nostalgic for May of 2017...

Social media review embargo has lifted, and speaking of nostalgia, I have great news! If you have ever longed for a return to the early 2000’s greatness of Hulk, Daredevil, and yes - Catwoman(!) this movie is going to knock your socks off!

I have to be fair - I’m also seeing a lot of comparisons to a more modern Marvel movie...

I'm also seeing a lot of people saying they've created an unintentional comedy. Which makes it perfect for HITW! Vouch!

Bobobie

How can there be Venom without the Spiderman backstory?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
How can there be Venom without the Spiderman backstory?
It's easy.
"There once was a guy named Paul Parks who was a superhero named Glider-Man, and during Secret Battle, he found a symbiote that eventually mimicked his Glider-Man costume and came to earth. When Glider-Man enlisted Rich Reedards (a scientist) for help removing the symbiote, they discovered it has a weakness to sound waves, so they went to Our Lady of Comic Covers, rang a bell, and now Venom is free to meet Eddie Brock, a reporter at the Daily Fugle who is grumpy with Paul Parks for reasons, so they can begin a life with a non-related spider logo on his chest."
See how easy that was without Spider-Man?

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
It's easy.
"There once was a guy named Paul Parks who was a superhero named Glider-Man, and during Secret Battle, he found a symbiote that eventually mimicked his Glider-Man costume and came to earth. When Glider-Man enlisted Rich Reedards (a scientist) for help removing the symbiote, they discovered it has a weakness to sound waves, so they went to Our Lady of Comic Covers, rang a bell, and now Venom is free to meet Eddie Brock, a reporter at the Daily Fugle who is grumpy with Paul Parks for reasons, so they can begin a life with a non-related spider logo on his chest."
See how easy that was without Spider-Man?
Wouldn't Glider Man just be a rip off of Gleen Globlin?

LiddyRules

So is Holland in this or not? You'd think we'd have heard by now.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
So is Holland in this or not? You'd think we'd have heard by now.
Nope. No cameo, no mention, not even an awkward Agents of Shield or Netflix style reference to “the incident.”

Bobobie

What was great about the Spiderman backstory is there was personal animosity between Parker and both Brock and the Symbiot. They should have played it out in a Spiderman movie and spun it off from there.

Pigdango

Donator
I'm going to see this tonight.

I think it will be better than The Predator.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Not from what I've been hearing.

My favorite quote: "This is Catwoman for a new generation."

LiddyRules

Well it has a lead actor who isn't Potted Plant. So maybe?

Not from what I've been hearing.

My favorite quote: "This is Catwoman for a new generation."
I've seen Catwoman recently. It's not going to be as bad as Catwoman. That Intranet Hyper Bolly. Unless this also has Lois Griffin as Venom's horny work friend.

Pigdango

Donator
I need a report like yesterday.
You’ll have it around 11pm.

I really hated The Predator though. It was fun, but it was actually stupider and made less sense than Hurricane Heist. And you would know what a shocking statement that is if you ever joined us for HitW.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator

I really hated The Predator though. It was fun, but it was actually stupider and made less sense than Hurricane Heist. And you would know what a shocking statement that is if you ever joined us for HitW.
Sorry sorry. Dealing with the big move and real life lately.

Pigdango

Donator
Looks like Lids and Flash will have to start working on their Robin costumes...

LiddyRules

I know I should hate The Predator, but for some reason I don't. But here's a The Predator question I had for you.

Courtney B. Vance or Sterling K. Brown says that the Good Predator came to Earth with a global warming defeating gift. But the gift was a Human-customized Predator Suit.

So a) did K. Vance not know what the hell he was talking about when he mentioned global warming, b) does the Predator suit destroy carbon emissions, or c) did they change what the gift was when they reshot the entire third act of the movie?

And it's a rhetorical question. They didn't know so you won't know.

Wait. What would be the point of the global warming gift anyway if their goal was to terraform the Earth for Predators? Wasn't that also a hypothesis?

Pigdango

Donator
I know I should hate The Predator, but for some reason I don't. But here's a The Predator question I had for you.

Courtney B. Vance or Sterling K. Brown says that the Good Predator came to Earth with a global warming defeating gift. But the gift was a Human-customized Predator Suit.

So a) did K. Vance not know what the hell he was talking about when he mentioned global warming, b) does the Predator suit destroy carbon emissions, or c) did they change what the gift was when they reshot the entire third act of the movie?

And it's a rhetorical question. They didn't know so you won't know.

Wait. What would be the point of the global warming gift anyway if their goal was to terraform the Earth for Predators? Wasn't that also a hypothesis?
So this is really strange, but I am going to hold off answering any questions along that line until after you’ve seen venom. I just… I don’t even… I don’t know how what I just saw is even possible.