Movie Venom...Oct 5, 2018

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
See I didn't even vouch for Venom, as the first half is so slow that I thought people would have a hard time staying with it, while Predator is rapid fire stupidity from the outset.
I felt the opposite. I think the first half is better because of the crazy editing and clumsy set ups. The dialogue between Brock and Shopkeep, Musk and the homeless lady was so bad. And the homeless lady is credited as "Homeless Woman Maria."

Predator I couldn't think of many riffs throughout but Venom was chockful of them.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is non-stop. That is going to be amazing.

LiddyRules

There are so many things I'm still thinking about with this movie like...

The ending. Eddie and Annie are sitting on a stoop sitting coffee what I assume is the morning shortly after all this happens. But how shortly? Because Annie mentions not telling Dan about the kiss, so it has to be relatively recent, and Eddie/Venom just started talking about rules. But ...

1) If it's the morning after, they seem pretty easy after witnessing the destruction of San Francisco's biggest company and keyest figure. And the deaths of dozens.
2) No one else seems particularly "oh my god" about it.
3) Did Eddie write the story about the death of Musk and his entire rocket crew?
4) They don't mention that he did, but that seems a bigger deal than an interview with a serial killer. But if not him, then whom?
5) How else would Kassady know about Brock? Unless he's already part Carnage but if he is then...
6) Did you notice that they're walking down the street in broad daylight and it's complete night time by the time they get to the bodega?
I listened to TWP's commentary, and I get not just why they didn't like it but how they didn't like it. However, I see this as more RLM-style schlock.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
There are so many things I'm still thinking about with this movie like...

The ending. Eddie and Annie are sitting on a stoop sitting coffee what I assume is the morning shortly after all this happens. But how shortly? Because Annie mentions not telling Dan about the kiss, so it has to be relatively recent, and Eddie/Venom just started talking about rules. But ...

1) If it's the morning after, they seem pretty easy after witnessing the destruction of San Francisco's biggest company and keyest figure. And the deaths of dozens.
2) No one else seems particularly "oh my god" about it.
3) Did Eddie write the story about the death of Musk and his entire rocket crew?
4) They don't mention that he did, but that seems a bigger deal than an interview with a serial killer. But if not him, then whom?
5) How else would Kassady know about Brock? Unless he's already part Carnage but if he is then...
6) Did you notice that they're walking down the street in broad daylight and it's complete night time by the time they get to the bodega?
I listened to TWP's commentary, and I get not just why they didn't like it but how they didn't like it. However, I see this as more RLM-style schlock.
Iron Fist has been canceled. I blame you.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Wait, Venom made $111 million for their opening weekend in China?!?!

Pigdango

Donator
Deleted scene. Long way to go for that punchline, but the punchline was funny.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm about to watch this sack of shit. Pray for me.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Just like Jesus, this is just but one station with the cross.

There will be more and worse. :haha7:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Well. That was a thing that happened.
Watched The Predator last night. Both of these movies made the statement, like it was fact, that our planet only has one or two generations left. Mind boggling.

You know what else was mind boggling? That song at at the end. "Venom, Venom, get us up in 'em". A classic in the making.

What the fuck did I just watch?

And, man, they really wanted that sequel, didn't they?

Pigdango

Donator
Well. That was a thing that happened.
Watched The Predator last night. Both of these movies made the statement, like it was fact, that our planet only has one or two generations left. Mind boggling.
Glad someone else picked that up. What’s even more mind boggling is how little sense the statement makes in the context of both movies, where aliens are using humans to evolve or as hosts to live on a planet that humans can’t live on.

LiddyRules

Did you read my comments? Did you? I have a lot of good comments.

Glad someone else picked that up. What’s even more mind boggling is how little sense the statement makes in the context of both movies, where aliens are using humans to evolve or as hosts to live on a planet that humans can’t live on.
Check this out. I know you really liked The Predator, but this would have pushed it to great.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/predator-ending-almost-had-ripley/

LiddyRules

And both people saying it are the villains. So I retconned them both.

Musk said it in Venom because he knew it was the buzzwords to get the public on his side. He didn't care. He just wanted goo power. But if he's selling himself as a humanitarian, it goes down easier.

Sterling B. Vance had no friggin clue what he was talking about but he was too cocky to acknowledge his own ignorance. That's why the gift to save us... was a Predator suit. (Or Ellen Ripley.) It might be carbon neutral, but will it kill all the bad carbons?

LiddyRules

You know I'm starting to wonder if people gave Shane Black too much credit as being the person who could save the Predator franchise.
After reading that, I wanted a Clue ending. After "My size is 42 Long" and Directed by Shane Black a title card says "Or ... " and there's a bunch of different options. Ripley, Terminator, Arnie, Goo, Brody, Deadpool.

LiddyRules

They made the same comment I did about the doctor.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98

They made the same comment I did about the doctor.
Were I Hardy, and saw that, the bit about covering my face and the noises would haunt me until it inhibited every performance.

Pigdango

Donator
“I was doubling down on Oxy and Ambien while I made this just like Heath was for Batman...”