Vermont Towns Vote To Arrest Bush And Cheney

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Vermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney

Wed Mar 5, 2008 4:36am EST

Email | Print | Share
| Reprints | Single Page | Recommend (104)
[-] Text [+]

1 of 1Full Size

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Voters in two Vermont towns on Tuesday approved a measure that would instruct police to arrest President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for "crimes against our Constitution," local media reported.
The nonbinding, symbolic measure, passed in Brattleboro and Marlboro in a state known for taking liberal positions on national issues, instructs town police to "extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them."
Vermont, home to maple syrup and picture-postcard views, is known for its liberal politics.
State lawmakers have passed nonbinding resolutions to end the war in Iraq and impeach Bush and Cheney, and several towns have also passed resolutions of impeachment. None of them have caught on in Washington.
Bush has never visited the state as president, though he has spent vacations at his family compound in nearby Maine.
Roughly 12,000 people live in Brattleboro, located on the Connecticut River in the state's southeastern corner. Nearby Marlboro has a population of roughly 1,000.
(Writing by Andy Sullivan, editing by David Wiessler)

LINK: http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN0454699420080305?feedType=RSS

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
They're going to instruct the police to arrest them. Good luck with that.

I sense a slow news day in the future.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Yeah, but there's something very cool about that. If only the rest of the country was paying that much attention.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
[Kent Brockman]Now, here are some results from our phone-in poll: 95% of the people believe Homer Simpson is guilty. Of course, this is just a television poll which is not legally binding, unless proposition 304 passes. And we all pray it will.[/Kent]

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
It's fucking Vermont.

Didn't they want to secede from the Union not too long ago?

Utter bullshit histrionics.

hudsonharden

Jan 30, 2007
Geneseo, NY
Fun Fact Wednesday: Vermont is the only state that George W. Bush has not visited during his presidency.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Isn't New Egland the birthplace of American independence? Did something happen in the last 200 years to make everyone there stupid?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Isn't New Egland the birthplace of American independence? Did something happen in the last 200 years to make everyone there stupid?
But couldn't this kind of be seen as a showing of American Independence by standing against a government they disagree with?

I disagree with what they did but I can't really see it as being completely opposed to the idea of "American independence."

Tax Payer

finaly something that offends white people
Apr 3, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Honestly.... Is vermont really even a "state"... and Wyoming... where the hell have they been.. ever meet anyone from Wyoming? NO!.. because it is not a real state.

Nortonsmeatytit

"That ball is outta here"
Sep 11, 2005
Philly
Vermont.... take away the ski resorts & Maple syrup and wadda ya left with? Nothing but softwood fuckin pine trees & two business failure hippies named Ben & Jerry, fuck'em.

State Motto - "Freedom and Unity " blurka, blurka, blurka

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Even when Bush is out of office, the Secret Service wouldn't allow Vermont's version of Barney Fife to get anywhere near him. So, he's got no fear of passing through VT on his way up to the family vacation place in Kennebunkport, ME.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
On the good side of Vermont is the fact that it's a "green state" with respect to handgun laws. All you need it proof of residence and you can buy whatever handgun you please and carry it without a special permit. Other than that it could sink into the abyss and nobody will miss it.

hudsonharden

Jan 30, 2007
Geneseo, NY
That's one of the reasons that Vermont has so little violent crimes, you're not likely to start shit with someone outside a bar because they could be armed. I think Ant would feel very much at home in rural Vermont, which is a lot more conservative than ultra-Liberal Burlington and Montpelier.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
i heard they were going to give a medal to clinton for having sex with another woman while married. stupid fucking idea

how about you go after all the corruption in politics, i mean hit the tough issues instead of the so called easy one(bush/cheney)