VERY interesting email from XM about today's Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisH

Waddle Doodle
Jun 11, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
So I emailed E-Lo about today's replay having cut the first segment. Here was my email:

E-Lo,

Just wondering why the first segment from today's show was cut from the 3pm replay. Will it be cut from the 7:30 one as well? Thanks in advance.

Chris

This was the response I got back from Don Wicklin:

Hey Chris
Todays show was edited a lot due to the fact that Op and Ant didn't do the XM side of the show. There was a prior commitment on Opie's end so they had to add more filler
Everything should be back to normal tomorrow

Two things: First, they are saying it was Opie having a prior commitment, wheras the boys said it was computer problems? And second, if they need more filler, why *cut* from the show?

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
1. who actually believed it was a computer problem at xm when ron and fez had no issues, and the channel was as choppy as ever...
2. all i can think is they cut out .5 hours of the show so that they could add a larger segment that would fill more of a gap that with or without commercials can be molded to fit the length of the replay slot

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
1. who actually believed it was a computer problem at xm when ron and fez had no issues, and the channel was as choppy as ever...
2. all i can think is they cut out .5 hours of the show so that they could add a larger segment that would fill more of a gap that with or without commercials can be molded to fit the length of the replay slot
Close the thread. :upp:

patty's wig

Dec 9, 2004
Ah, look around. You'll find the answer. Its everywhere and has made for a very interesting night. I heard it won't be explained tomorrow.

W

west coast adam

the reason they cut the first segment was because O&A weren't exactly showing solidarity when the segment aired live. opie had one of his hissy fits, this time regarding anthony dumping out of a caller mentioning the fba website. Lil' jimmy had to try to make light and clear the air. very bizarre segment indeed. it reminded me of the whole opie hissy-fit regarding philly and how he started bashing the philly-cbs radio station and anthony got pissed.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
Pssst... go over to the other board buddy, it's all spelled out there.

pestgaming.com FTW!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I didn't hear the segment, but R&F did have some issues with the equipment from the little bit I heard of the show today. The pad data was even fucked up all day long.

I doubt Opie would lie about why they couldn't do the XM show, it's not like we have any right to complain. These guys bust their asses and put up with a lot of shit to give us a show. Cut them a little fucking slack and do what we're supposed to do: listen.

The Stormrider

Fucking your daughter.
Feb 8, 2006
The first segment was easily the most awkward thing I've ever heard from the show, even more so than the Opie/Jimmy thing. The silence was really, really uncomfortable. I assumed it was for something else more behind the scenes, since things seemed a little bit off even before Ant dumped out of the plug.

Today's whole show seemed a little wierd. Maybe it was the audio levels.

TyraBanksBikini

May 10, 2007
NYC
I'm confused and mildly angry as fuck. I listen on Audible, since there is no way I am waking up before 10AM CST. I am currently listening to the show, and there was NO initial intro as they have always done on the KROCK/XM side on Audible... the feed just popped on with them discussing something. I assume they cut out of the first segment altogether, and the feed is only 1:58:00 (EVEN). I love the b-b-b-boys, but the fact that I didn't hear the segment tells me that the crew cut it out before they submitted it to Audible. Yeah, they only did half the show for who knows why, but I didn't even hear the controversial seg. Sorry Op, Ant, and crew, but the fact that this was deleted is absolute horse shit. You want to say you're being real? Yeah, you talk consistently when the show gets dropped from terrestrial affiliates (which for me is.... average radio... at best), but you want this argument dropped? Fuck that. I'll still love the boys, but I need an explanation.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I just went over there to see what they were saying. Holy shit are they fucking asshats. There is 37 page thread bitching about Ant because he was pissed about exactly what the 37 page thread was doing.

Apparently, Doug and Ant got into a 2 hour argument on Paltalk after the show.

What in the fuck is going on that we don't know about but should? Could someone at least tell me in a P.M.

I couldn't believe the lists of threads doing nothing but bashing.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
things seemed a little bit off even before Ant dumped out of the plug.
thats a really good point. after I read your post I was listening to the first segment and realized Opie was really pissed about erock being "sick late" but he sounded really agitated that the staff was keeping a journal of how late he is everyday. he had that special tone of voice that opie only breaks out when hes really pissed.

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
Oct 29, 2006
who cares maybe opie had some wedding planning to do.

Aug 11, 2005
computer whatever, can't they replay a show a show more than one day old?:cussing

Mr.Monster Rain

Good Til The Last Drop
Nov 16, 2004
Under a porch
That was really really uncomfortable radio this morning/// thank god for the great equalizer...Jimmy breaking that oddness (and saving his paycheck..haha)

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
It was due to all the whiney cunts on the "fan" boards.

Jims Rottweiler

Anyone ever smell my ass?
Apr 23, 2005
So I emailed E-Lo about today's replay having cut the first segment. Here was my email:

E-Lo,

Just wondering why the first segment from today's show was cut from the 3pm replay. Will it be cut from the 7:30 one as well? Thanks in advance.

Chris

This was the response I got back from Don Wicklin:

Hey Chris
Todays show was edited a lot due to the fact that Op and Ant didn't do the XM side of the show. There was a prior commitment on Opie's end so they had to add more filler
Everything should be back to normal tomorrow

Two things: First, they are saying it was Opie having a prior commitment, wheras the boys said it was computer problems? And second, if they need more filler, why *cut* from the show?
Well, it does appear that Mr. Wicklin may be a lying cunt. What a douche.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
Do....not....ever...

Question Opie Again......

psyduck

Dec 12, 2004
I didn't hear the segment, but R&F did have some issues with the equipment from the little bit I heard of the show today. The pad data was even fucked up all day long.

I doubt Opie would lie about why they couldn't do the XM show, it's not like we have any right to complain. These guys bust their asses and put up with a lot of shit to give us a show. Cut them a little fucking slack and do what we're supposed to do: listen.
I didn't hear the first segment, but I did hear R&F. R&F definitely had tech problems, which Ron mentioned a few times during the broadcast.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
Ronnie tried to go to best of at one point because the equipment was fucked but earl said that they couldn't even do that.

I don't know if that was Earl's incompetence or the equipment.

Oct 4, 2004
allentown, pa
The Audible replay cut off after hour 58. Audio from remaining show floating around? PM if you could be so kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.