Victor Hill, Facing More Than 30 Felony Counts, Elected Sheriff In Georgia

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I'd say Guess-The-Race, but isn't this one obvious? I'm so happy to be out of Georgia.

Victor Hill, corrupt sheriff, was re-elected in Clayton County, Georgia.

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2012/08/democracy-in-america.html

Special prosecutor Layla Zon obtained an indictment of Hill on charges of racketeering, theft by taking, making false statements, influencing a witness and violating his oath of office, all allegedly while he was sheriff. He is charged with taking tens of thousands of dollars from his 2008 re-election campaign and from the county, using his government car and county credit card for vacations with a female employee of the office.
This dirtbag is also infamous in Georgia for firing 27 white deputies, taking their service arms, throwing them in paddy wagons and having them hauled out while black snipers were put on rooftops.

Hill set the immediate tone when he fired 27 deputies on his first day in office, including four of the highest-ranking officers, all of whom were white. He called the officers in on the pretext of swearing them in; instead, they were relieved of their badges and service weapons and taken out of the sheriff's office inside inmate vans with police snipers posted on nearby rooftops.
"If Victor Hill was White, we would have already run him out of town, hung him in effigy, and we would've cussed his grandma out even if she were already dead," Bell says. "We would have not tolerated it. I'm worried about the fact that we vote for race over the ability to lead."
Blacks shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Blacks shouldn't be allowed to be cops. It is like having an Indian be the Cowboy. Takes all the flavor out of it.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Just assumed that's where you were going with your retarded statement. Should we just put up help wanted posters at the bus depot to find the best and brightest?
How about the Sheriff is promoted to the spot...like every other position in the force. You know, based on ability.

Don is right, electing a sheriff is fucking stupid.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Or the sheriff is hired by the city council and has to be re-nominated every 5 years? We're not a democracy for a reason.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Or the sheriff is hired by the city council and has to be re-nominated every 5 years? We're not a democracy for a reason.
So we can have Jim-bob's brother be sheriff for a while, then we might let Billy's nephew cover the position for a few years. No chance of abuse there.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
It's Georgia. Does anyone expect anything different to come out of that cesspool? It's renowned for being a lightless pit of depravity. Avoid it at all costs, and if you do have to stay there for any length of time, make sure it's in a predominately non-shwoogie area.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
Hey where was this story from again? Georgia. Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Sheriffs have the only position in law enforcement that are directly accountable to their constituency. And you want to do away with that? Boy are you people fucking dumb.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Sheriffs have the only position in law enforcement that are directly accountable to their constituency. And you want to do away with that? Boy are you people fucking dumb.
When the people elect a criminal, they don't deserve a say in the matter.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Instead we should let the other criminals we've elected appoint us a criminal, right?
We expect politicians to be scumbags. We shouldn't tolerate it from law enforcement. The last thing I want is a cop basing decisions on how many votes he's going to get.

Cops should be cops, not politicians.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That's the ultimate reason why I don't take the position of sheriff seriously.
In some states, like Delaware, all they do is serve documents. I have no problem with that being an elected position. But when a politician has arrest powers, it's a dangerous thing.