HitW Viewing Thread, 3/9/19: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
This movie was very similar to Alien Covenant in that they tried some newish ideas, but then decided to just throw in the Jurassic Park greatest hits at the end.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
This movie was very similar to Alien Covenant in that they tried some newish ideas, but then decided to just throw in the Jurassic Park greatest hits at the end.
You wanna do WoD or are we calling it a night and doing the next one on Discord?

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
It's also the rare movie that you can say "Alien: Covenant is better."

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
It was godawful. I watched that and Skyscraper back to back and both are terrible and hilariously pander to China but at least Skyscraper had The Rock who is good in everything.
I havent seen skyacraper even though im a total mark for the rock since his heel turn in wwe back in 98. I just dont have the the will to put it on. On really i put on the meg i thought it was going to be an even hackier Deep Blue Sea which i kind of liked

Pickle

Deep Blue Sea had better bite effects than this movie. When the Wild Bill Merc got his arm bitten off it’s like they strategically shot at angles where he wouldn’t have to wear a prosthetic bleeding nub.

Bring the kids!

Pigdango

Donator
@Neon

Lids and I watched Hands of Steel and chatted it up on Discord. There are definitely pros and cons.

Pros:
- not having to leave the page to find gifs to punch up my jokes.
- no page refresh
- super fast and smooth. No lag at all.

Cons:
- I had to search for the Thumbs up emoji each time I gave Lids a like. He didn’t have that problem. :(
- I may have missed it, but I don’t think you can quote what someone says. When it was just the two of us it was fine, but if it’s more than two the conversation may be hard to follow.

I gotta play with it more, including figuring out how to add my smiling pig avatar,

By the way, Hands of Steel was almost Revolt level awesome. We have to do that one again with a bigger crowd.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
@Neon

Lids and I watched Hands of Steel and chatted it up on Discord. There are definitely pros and cons.

Pros:
- no page refresh

Cons:
- I had to search for the Thumbs up emoji each time I gave Lids a like. He didn’t have that problem. :(
- I may have missed it, but I don’t think you can quote what someone says. When it was just the two of us it was fine, but if it’s more than two the conversation may be hard to follow.

I gotta play with it more, including figuring out how to add my smiling pig avatar,

By the way, Hands of Steel was almost Revolt level awesome. We have to do that one again with a bigger crowd.
If you right click on someone's name you can see a quick menu of reactions to add and you can customize it for the ones you use the most.

As for quoting - that's not an option that currently exists. Didn't occur to me. I think they will add it eventually, though. But you can still do the @ thing so like "@Pigdango - good point"

I like the "no refresh" aspect. Sometimes WB refreshes for me and sends me back 2 pages. Not a huge inconvenience but I sometimes miss a few comments.

Pigdango

Donator
If you right click on someone's name you can see a quick menu of reactions to add and you can customize it for the ones you use the most.

As for quoting - that's not an option that currently exists. Didn't occur to me. I think they will add it eventually, though. But you can still do the @ thing so like "@Pigdango - good point"
I just read through the thread again. The positive thing about not quoting is it “removes a step” so to speak, so you really get a sense of how fast Lids and I were riffing off each other. It’s much easier to get into a rhythm in a chat format.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I just read through the thread again. The positive thing about not quoting is it “removes a step” so to speak, so you really get a sense of how fast Lids and I were riffing off each other. It’s much easier to get into a rhythm in a chat format.
Most MMO (world of warcraft, ever quest, ect) type video games work like that. Discord is even required for players in certain team based games so they can quick chat to get orders out faster.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
It will inevitably have a different flavor since it's a chat and not a board. I'm eager to test it out.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
@Neon

Pros:
- no page refresh

Cons:

I wanted to Like a couple of your things, but when I tried it, I had like six different skin shades for the Pizza Box Man Hand and decided you weren't worth it.

I wasn't able to find a way to quote, which I think might be a hang up depending on how the HitW goes.