HitW Viewing Thread 4/12/19 - Hercules in New York!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I like how he didn't even say goodbye to his girlfriend or the professor. I still don't know why Hercules decided to go back.
I'm not sure the wiki page will answer what the point of all that was.

Pigdango

Donator
The sad thing is, that will probably be the best Arnie movie we watch all year.
It might legitimately be in his Top 10.

Let me think about it. In no order

Termy 1
Termy 2
True Lies
Running Man
Predator
Twins
Total Recall
Kindergarten Cop
Conan

Pigdango

Donator
There were so many subplots this could be remade as a limited series.

I mean Pretzie alone. Pretzie you guys. Pretzie.
The wikipedia must have been written by the director:

After some strange encounters in the air and at sea, Hercules arrives in New York City, where hilarity ensues in the form of interactions with various New Yorkers

Pigdango

Donator
"However, Hera instead convinces Nemesis to poison Hercules with a poison"

What else can one be poisoned with, exactly?

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
There's a bunch of good options under "Customers Also Watched." Like Gor, 1988, "suddenly transported to the magical planet of Gor, a mild-mannered New Hampshire college professor learns that he must capture the wondrous Home Stone to return to Earth."

LiddyRules

Termy 1
Termy 2
True Lies
Running Man
Predator
Twins
Total Recall
Kindergarten Cop
Conan

I will say one thing. It's certainly a bad movie, but I didn't hate it. It had the same spirit of Sgt. Pepper's. That "well say what you will, but they have ideas. God knows what any of them are, but they have ideas."

Pigdango

Donator
There's a bunch of good options under "Customers Also Watched." Like Gor, 1988, "suddenly transported to the magical planet of Gor, a mild-mannered New Hampshire college professor learns that he must capture the wondrous Home Stone to return to Earth."
Amazon Wheel of Doom never disappoints.

LiddyRules

Termy 1
Termy 2
True Lies
Running Man
Predator
Twins
Total Recall
Kindergarten Cop
Conan

People seem to like Commando but I don't remember it. I keep wanting to watch Last Action Hero. Twins and Kindergarten Cop must be there by default because if you were to replace either with Jingle All The Way I'd say sure.

LiddyRules

Not for me. We should save that for when we've got some more peeps. Kind of bummed at the turnout. @HandPanzer should be back from Hades soon.
I'd do it again. There's so much to unpack. And I don't know what happened to Neon. His dog wanted to go for a walk two hours ago.

Pigdango

Donator
I'd do it again. There's so much to unpack. And I don't know what happened to Neon. His dog wanted to go for a walk two hours ago.
I think there's a whole wardrobe thing Neon goes through when he walks his dog. Yoko is kind of a diva.

Pickle

People seem to like Commando but I don't remember it. I keep wanting to watch Last Action Hero. Twins and Kindergarten Cop must be there by default because if you were to replace either with Jingle All The Way I'd say sure.
Commando has some REL moments.

Why did they use Roman names for the gods like Juno, Mercury and Pluto rather than the Greek ones.

The sure liked the Greek theme. They used the mandolin music for everything from Olympus to the climactic cardboard box factory fight