HitW Viewing Thread - Pac Rim 2 - 06/19/19 - 8:30 pm east

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
What was the divide here exactly?
Whether the MCU uses time travel to bring the Fantastic Four into the present day after a 60s origin movie, or whether it's all present. More details here.

Crip already weighed in for me, and you...got BIV.

You want to tag someone in, let's tag @Neon in.

Neon - relatively short read starts here:

Pig's basic pitch - Set the first FF movie in the 60's before bringing them into the present via quantum time travel. They like the present so they stay.
Liddy's basic pitch - Reed Richards is the heir apparent to Tony Stark and he is tasked with building on all the new discoveries introduced during the MCU's first 12 years.

https://www.wackbag.com/threads/mar...-filled-discussion-thread.158065/post-6243267

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Whether the MCU uses time travel to bring the Fantastic Four into the present day after a 60s origin movie, or whether it's all present. More details here.
I hope this turns into a bit where Neon strings us along for several weeks without ever offering an opinion or taking a side.

Plot twist: It starts in the present but then they get sent back in time to the 60s because Dr. Doom's plan is to attack Earth in the past to assimilate the future.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
My vote is for 60s origin movie with an ending montage taking us through the next 50 + years into the present. All of them are 95 years old, but Stark invents a reverse aging ray gun and zaps them all back into sexy 35-year-olds ready to fight bad guys.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
@LiddyRules - Yeah it's fun. I wish the script wasn't this godawful.
This is what I thought about it after I watched it last year:

I agree it that it was good, clean fun. I think the reason why if felt like there were no characters and a couple of plots it wouldn't commit too was because of the multiple writers. Although if they would have found a way to work some of the deleted scenes in, it might have tightened up the story a bit.

I will say this about the movie. It proved that Star Wars doesn't know what to do with Boyega and that he was totally misused in TLJ. Not only did he have chemistry with Eastwood, but he also worked well with Cailee Spaeny.