HitW Viewing Thread Saturday, 6/23/18 - The Book of Henry!

LOL "give custody to our protagonist" cliche. Man this is fucking shmaltzy crap.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
I know it's supposed to be cathartic and letting Henry go, but all I can see is "Burn the evidence. Burn all the fucking evidence. Burn it. Take the ashes. Burn them."

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Burn all the evidence of the crime that never happened.

And yep - **** girl gets Henry's old bed and somehow even knows their cheesy bedtime routine of leaving the nightlght on and leaving the door open.

LiddyRules

"Children's Book Writer. The go-to movie career for women too old to work at a magazine or be a chef."

LiddyRules

I know it's supposed to be cathartic and letting Henry go, but all I can see is "Burn the evidence. Burn all the fucking evidence. Burn it. Take the ashes. Burn them."

And yep - **** girl gets Henry's old bed and somehow even knows their cheesy bedtime routine of leaving the nightlght on and leaving the door open.
23!

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator

I never wanna hear shit about White Chicks ever again.

LiddyRules

Here's my theory. This movie is closer to Charles Whitman than Phenomenon. Before Charles Whitman shot people from the water tower, he was complaining about bad headaches. When he died, they found he indeed had a tumor.

Henry was never an actual genius. The tumor made him into a supergenius, but when it started to get really bad, it drove him kind of paranoid and insane. All of his plans to get Glenn was schizophrenic-level delusional ranting. The kid's a fucking supervillain. If he had lived, he would have been coming up with conspiracy theories that would make QAnon and Coast to Coast blush. And his stupid mother would have dug that tunnel underneath the White House to get to the hidden moon ship.

LiddyRules

And please remember everyone, this was a real movie. It was released in movie theaters. The director had just done Jurassic World and was going to do Star Wars 9 and was fired from Star Wars 9 for actually having better ideas than LucasFilms.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Don't stop thinking about your neighbor
your kid will help you snipe his head off
Henry aint gone
henry aint gone
you got the tapes
Henry aint gone!
listen to...

Oh shit you just burned everything
I guess he is gone now.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
This is the type of movie that makes me want to get drunk after seeing it. It's the only way to make sense of it all.

Discoman

Donator
And please remember everyone, this was a real movie. It was released in movie theaters. The director had just done Jurassic World and was going to do Star Wars 9 and was fired from Star Wars 9 for actually having better ideas than LucasFilms.
Luke was going to leave Rey tapes to follow in order to kill Kylo Ren?